|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Hollydale 115kV High Voltage Transmission Line
Petition Background (Preamble):
Consequently, the hundreds of residents potentially impacted by the project have been denied: 1. proper establishment of need; 2. the more in depth analysis of an environmental impact statement ["EIS"]; 3. the right to have their comments on a draft EIS addressed; 4. the right to request a contested case hearing.
1. the project is highly contested due to the significant potential impact on the residents of Plymouth;
2. due to an arbitrary combination of voltage and proposed route length, the Applicants (Xcel Energy and GRE) were afforded the alternate permitting process, and were not required to submit a certificate of need; and that
3. due to these streamlining measures, we have been deprived of a proper establishment of need, the more in-depth analysis of an environmental impact statement, the right to have our comments on a draft EIS addressed, and the option to request a contested case hearing.
Consequently we, the undersigned, are filing this petition. We request that:
1. a certificate of need be generated for this project;
2. the project transition to the full permitting process;
3. an environmental impact statement be generated for this project;
4. in case the project is granted permit, and regardless of the route chosen, the permit should state specific electromagnetic field mitigation measures to be implemented, such as undergrounding and specific pole design; and that
5. if specific legislation is required to allow for any of these requests, that the project be suspended pending such legislative action.
The Hollydale 115kV High Voltage Transmission Line petition to PUC Executive Secretary and Commissioners; Commerce Dept. Energy Resources Deputy Commissioner was written by Ilan Zeroni and is in the category Government at GoPetition. Contact author here.