|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Estes Hills Drive Neighbors' Petition to Town Council
Petition Background (Preamble):
1. Traffic concerns: this plan would add 800 parking spaces at a critical entry point on an already busy Estes Drive which back ups during morning and evening rush hours;
2. Danger to pedestrians, including children walking to Estes Hill Elementary and Phillips Junior High School;
3. Flooding issues: Estes Drive already frequently floods in the vicinity of the proposed project; and
4. Plans do not meet residential zoning and Comprehensive Plan goals protecting neighborhoods and our natural setting;
5. Submission of a concept plan is premature as the Town's Chapel Hill 2020 process will develop a new land use plan.
Table the Carolina Flats plan for a hotel and student apartments until the new Comprehensive Plan under development is complete;
Ensure full neighborhood participation in future vision plans which involve any proposed zoning changes by including residents of the neighborhoods listed above in a comprehensive area plan of Southern MLK and Estes Drive.
The Estes Hills Drive Neighbors' Petition to Town Council petition to Chapel Hill Town Council was written by Save The Library and is in the category Neighborhood Living at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: concept plan for carolina flats, estes neighbors coalition, estes drive