|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Keep a Post Office on London Road, Brighton
Petition Background (Preamble):
They are currently proposing to move into a shared premises at 14 Preston Road.
The closing date for the consultation is 16th February 2011.
Post Office consultation rules deem a petition to be a single response to a consultation, so we ask signatories to spare a moment to also write or email their views on the closure to:
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office Ltd, c/o National Consultation Team, PO Box 2060, Watford, WD18 8ZW or email@example.com.
The proposed new location:
1. Is distant from the busy London Road and North Laine areas that the current branch serves;
2. Will be difficult to access on foot due its position north of the busy Preston Circus junction.
3. Lies away from many of the city–wide major bus routes that access London Road;
4. Is too far from the London Road car park and offers little and difficult parking on this busy, two lane, one–way thoroughfare;
5. Will be particularly difficult for older people, parents with children and those with disabilities to access.
6. May not be economically viable - a previous post office opposite was closed in 2008.
7. With the combination of partners retail sales area, the space for postal services and queuing customers may prove inadequate.
Furthermore closing the London Road office may well have a serious detrimental impact on the economic vitality of London Road, It will also compound the deterioration in service which resulted from the 2008 post office closures across the city.
We ask that Post Office Ltd instead seek an alternative location on London Road.
The Keep a Post Office on London Road, Brighton petition to Post Office Ltd was written by Brighton and Hove Green Party and is in the category Neighborhood Living at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: london road, brighton, post office