Petition Tag - africa
Call on members of the Sierra Leone parliament to support political party project farms program in Sierra Leone.
By signing the petition, you are appealing to Members of the Sierra Leone Parliament to use their position as representatives of the people to legislate a development policy in support of the establishment of political party project farms.
On February 5 2009, we received notice from Ms Equatorial Real Estate Limited through their lawyers which warned us (over 2000 families) against putting up any structures on Plots 2697 and 2698 Block 273 Konge, Kyamula and Buziga in Kampala. ERE was registered on 16 November 2007 and acquired the title on 1 January 2008 usurping the due process from the sitting tenants. They claim they would like to implement a city master plan for the area. However, the Buganda Land Board has not communicated to us about the new tenant and we shall deal only with BLB as the landlords.
According to me, these persons who are the root of evil must be brought to justice.
For this to happen we urge all Eritreans and Eritrea Loving People to show their support.
The Eatery management advised that we should take my wife and baby to the hospital for medical attention and promised to pay the bill, which they never did up to date!
After receiving our petition by the African Activists for Human Rights International on the ugly matter, the Management of NBC Plc in Lagos only offered to give us some of bottles of drinks as appreciation, while the response of the Eatery Management was a threat to sue the organization for libel!
Though we have taken the petition to the regulatory authorities in the country, including NAFDAC., SON and CPC at the Federal level and Citizen's Rights of the Lagos State Government, our investigation did confirm that these corporate organizations have caused untold damage to the health of unsuspecting members of the public through unwholesome and unethical practices.
We are particularly worried that several other petitions are with these federal and state regulatory agencies from other members of the public asking for enforcement of their rights.
As I write, my daughter, baby Maryam has been admitted thrice in the hospital and treated on dysentery-related cases. She has not fully recovered. This has been at huge cost to me and the family.
I urge these Lawmakers to embrace peace and join hand with OGD to move the State forward. Vividly during the electioneering process in the State, they all work together as a Party to the extent that OGD photo was conspicuously in all of the candidates election poster, after riding on his back to power now want to pay back with a betrayal.
Every member of OGHA thinking of changing Ogun State, but no one among them think of changing themselves. We all worked assiduously for them to be there and now they have close the door against us, we are waiting in the constituency.
I urge these Lawmakers to embrace peace and join hand with OGD to move the State forward.
Thanks as my petition will be given global audience.
Wetnose are planning to prosecute Mr van Aardt, and the maximum punishment is R60 000.00 fine or 2 years Jail Time. He NEEDS more punishment than that!!
161. Camel Power Now
Bernadine Kruger, 16, died on impact.
The taxi driver had not been arrested yet because the police first have to complete their investigation into the accident,
When it is not flooded the filth washed up onto the bridge makes it impassable. It takes up to 1 hour to travel 1.3km every morning and the traffic congestion is not being catered for.
Traffic violations are broken every morning to cater for the traffic volumes between 6 - 8.30 let alone the waste of time and petrol while we frustratingly stand in the queue edging our way out.
Other than small campus radio, there is no radio station catering for local music, rock, metal, 60s music or dance music specifically to its demographic. Most existing radio stations have the same music policies, and even similar play lists.
Other countries have adopted an LPFM (Low Power Fm) license system which allows more stations to operate to smaller areas, thereby creating the diversity that our country is supposed to be embracing. ICASA's current LPFM license policy is only designed for shopping malls and drive-in movie theaters.
If you're sick of hearing the same thing being played on every station, and are now turning on your Ipod, or if you love dance music, metal, rock, 60's, 70's or 80's music, or any genre that's not being aired on radio, or even if you're a musician struggling to get your music heard, its time you did something about it!
Sign this petition, and force ICASA to change their LPFM license policies to allow radio stations with 250W ERP transmitters to operate commercially, and allow you to hear the music you want to hear!
165. DSTV Ripoff
We live in a world where information has become the key advantage. Today, information can travel anywhere, anytime, at great speed and in so many different ways – unlocking potential wherever it goes. At MultiChoice, we constantly look for innovative ways and push boundaries to deliver information and content that is not only entertaining, but informative.
This pioneering spirit has characterized our existence since our inception and has helped us create some of the most well-known and best loved products in South Africa. We are constantly searching and developing new ways of bringing informative and entertaining content to our customers.
Underlying every corporate decision is our dedication to the people we serve. Our customers are the foundation of our success and we believe in offering them the highest quality of service and personal attention possible.
We are able to offer this service to our customers because of the dedication and passion of our employees. This helps to achieve our financial goals and in turn enables us to give back to communities within which we operate.
1) In year 2000 KPA grants a 33 year bulk grain and fertilizer license to Grain bulk handlers ltd.The license restricts other handlers from handling bulk grain at the port until 15th February,2008, i.e effectively a monopoly for 8years. The license is described as skewed by 2 transport ministers: Hon. Michuki and Hon. Makwere on the daily newspapers. Parliamentary investments committee in their report recommend competition.
2) In 2007,Grain bulk ltd. applies to KPA to extend the monopoly for another 25 years which is rejected by KPA, and KPA board proceeds to resolve that a tender for a 2nd bulk grain facility takes place.This news was greeted with relief as the monopoly operator charges usd 16 per ton while in Egypt for the same type of machinery, the operators charge usd 5 per ton. This comparatively higher handling cost is being passed on to the consumers.
3) After advertisement of the tender, there was surprise to learn of tender cancellation. The reason of 1000 workers losing jobs is a surprise. What the process entails is that the same workers will be carrying out loading manual work at the 2nd facility instead of at the port. This is what the monopoly bulk operator is doing presently as well. So there’s is no issue of job losses. Indeed the Kenya Union of Commercial Food and Allied Workers can attest to this as per attached annex 1. The reason of job losses was merely meant to justify the cancellation. In any case how does one hold millions of Kenyans ransom because of 1000 people? The 2nd facility will in fact create jobs by way of administration staff, technicians, finance staff, drivers, machine operators, technicians, etc similar to the present monopoly operator.
4) The issue of investments by the monopoly holder has presently no basis. It will be recalled that the monopoly holder was given a monopoly for 8 years, during which time he recouped his investment. Having been denied a monopoly extension for another 25years, the monopoly operator now wants to use the investments story. The remaining portion outstanding was after the monopoly operator wanted a further 25 years monopoly that he made a unilateral expansion programme without a binding written KPA commitment to extend the monopoly and now wants to demand a monopoly extension after it had been officially rejected. The majority of the bidders for the 2nd bulk facility have individually indicated that they are not going to demand any protectionism of any kind from the Government as the business is viable and can sustain 2 facilities. Several African countries have 2 or more than 2 operators. Sudan is currently constructing its 3rd grain facility.
5) When vessels arrive, the sole bulk grain operator has on several occasions been unable to cope with the inflow of ships, resulting in huge demurrages which the millers are forced to pass on to consumers. The demurrages range from usd 30,000 to usd 75000 per day! To illustrate, we append a schedule of vessels which were on hold for several days:
SHIPS NAME, SHIPS ARRIVAL DATE, DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF DISCHARGE, CARGO
WHITE MIST 4/9/2008 7/9/2008 19500M/T MAIZE
ALFA-K 7/9/2008 11/9/2008 28580M/T MAIZE
SPYRO B 11/9/2008 14/9/2008 34000M/T WHEAT
BIANCO VENTURE 19/9/2008 22/9/2008 12000M/T WHEAT
HAWK 24/9/2008 26/9/2008 39000M/T WHEAT
INNES 27/9/2008 7/10/2008 6000M/T MAIZE
AFRICAN PUMA 29/9/2008 NOT COMMENCED DISCHARGE AS AT 7/10 25000M/T MAIZE
KEN GALANT 2/10/2008 " " " " " 41500M/TWHEAT
DISCOVER 2 3/10/2008 " " " " " 16000M/TWHEAT
LIBERTY EAGLE 7/10/2008 " " " " " 43500M/TSORGHUM
DIANA STAR 30/10/2008 10/11/2008 7420 M/T MAIZE
If we take the above schedule and use just an average delay of 3 days multiplied by an average Usd 40,000, multiplied by an exchange rate of ksh 77/= per dollar times the 11 ships is equal to Ksh 101,640,000. This is what is being passed on to Kenyan consumers! Can you imagine the cost? The information above can be independently verified from KPA records, shipping agents, millers and world food programme. In fact the World Food Programme is also complaining due to demurrages as a result of ship delays. They have indicated that the delay is causing them to overshoot their budget in terms of demurrages to owners of ships which means proportionately lesser subsequent relief maize, etc. In effect the monopoly is affecting even the most vulnerable and needy!
LEST WE MOURN BETTER MOBILIZE NOW.
Currently 90% of the rainforests in Madagascar have already been destroyed because of logging, slash and burn agriculture, mining, etc. Madagascar is also home to hundreds of endemic species found no where else on earth, if the rainforests are all cut down then many endangered species will also go extinct.
Grasdak are a well-known social venue and business in Louis Trichardt, which caters for people of all ages.
Grasdak are a social venue for especially young people, for Grasdak provides entertainment that’s safe, for Grasdak strives to uphold their image and they do not tolerate any misbehaviour.
Grasdak are of great value to Louis Trichardt and the surroundings by providing entertainment to the Public.
Louis Trichardt and the surroundings benefits from Grasdak Guesthouse & Restaurant as it improves the character of the area.
By this petition we indicate our interest and willingness to aid the cause of a better Nigeria. While it is not a silver bullet, it will lay a solid foundation and create an opportunity for us to make a difference. Please sign and forward this link to other Nigerians.
بينما كنت أهم بالنزول من القطار في محطة المحمدية حتى تعطل الباب الأتوماتيكي فذهبت إلى باب المقطورة الموالية لكي أنزل. فإذا بي أسمع صراخاموجها نحونا من طرف سائق القطار, فذهبت إليه كي أستفسره عن سبب الصراخ فإذا به يفاجئني و يبصق على وجهي و يوجه إلي سبابا أخجل من ذكره أمامكم وهذا أمام مسمع رئيس الأمن بالمحطة.
بعد هاته الإهانة لم يكن أمامي سوى أن أتقدم بشكاية في مكتب رئيسة المحطة وأخرى لدى مصلحة الشرطة بالمحمدية
Support the voices of these African women and enable Women's International League for Peace and Freedom to raise their demands with decision makers, including the international community, national governments and non-governmental agencies.
173. Free Rose Kbauye
Germany should be ashamed of its actions as this is a country that has had its bitter share of history-the holocost. France and Germany should respect National Sovereignty, people's rights and international justice.
Tuzabatsinda Ukuri kwose tugufashe muntoki. Intsinzi y Urwanda n abanyawanda ntabwo tuzabaho kubera abantu bafite amaraso mumitwe yabo bashaka kunywa ayandi tuzabanesha.
France sparked off the genocide by killing both Habyarimana and the then PM! Eventually when they realised they were on the losing side, the created the so called "Libérer la zone de Triangle" as a haven for the partners (The nterahamwe). If France wants the truth why hide the "BLACK BOX" of the Habyarimana's jet which holds these secrets?
The truth is stronger than France and eventually it will prevail and that moment is now where Rose has played her part and now the rest of us should stand up against France's crimes! TURI KUMWE!
We call on MONUC, DR Congo and Rwanda to transfer Nkunda immediately now to the ICC without further delay.
Lt Conol Rose KABUYE was arrested by German's Police at Frankfurt airport when she was on mission to prepare president Paul KAGAME private visit to German. This arrest is contrary to Vienna conventions.
178. Stop Child Soldiers
Casualty rates are extremely high. Child soldiers are often subjected to sexual violence and extreme physical and emotional abuse intended to make them obedient and ruthless killers. This is in addition to the harm done by the denial of basic childhood needs for security, health and education.
In January 2000, the governments of the world agreed to ban the use of children in combat. This treaty, called the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict, came into force on February 12, 2002. Canada was the first government to ratify.
The Optional Protocol requires governments to take all feasible measures to ensure that children under the age of 18 do not take part in hostilities. All compulsory recruitment - or conscription - of under-18-year-olds is banned, and governments are required to raise the age of voluntary recruitment to a minimum of 16. Unusually, the Optional Protocol also applies to armed groups, banning all military recruitment (voluntary or compulsory) and use of children under 18.
A number of governments have already signed the Protocol but not yet made a final legal commitment by ratifying. These include: Sudan, the Netherlands, Lebanon, Cuba and Indonesia.
179. Support Rose Kabuye
The arrest was based on the heavily contested indictments issued in 2006 against nine senior Government officials by French Judge, Jean Louis Bruguiere.
180. Free Rose Kabuye
We suspect that this arrest is connected to allegations of shooting down a presidential plane in 1994.