This petition is being started to put the American Government back to the people by creating and proposing new laws that will create accountability in our representatives while removing the influence of lobbyists.
We the undersigned people of The United States of America, in order to correct the path of our Union, agree to not vote for any candidate for President, United States Senate, or United States Representative that does not agree to work with the highest priority to enact the following policies.
1. All lobbyists and Political Action Committees (PACs) are to be banned due to their interference, corruption, and perversion of the Congress’ ability to act on behalf of the best interest of their constituents.
2. A term limit shall be set for both the House of Representatives and The Senate of 2 terms. No person shall be able to be elected to Congress to serve more than 2 terms in any combination of congressional service.
3. Corporate donations to political parties or politicians shall be banned with no exception.
4. Individuals will only be allowed to donate a maximum of $1000 (one thousand dollars) to any politician.
5. Politicians will only be allowed to campaign for 90 days before an election.
6. All congressmen will be required to meet quarterly in the states they are elected to serve with their constituents in the form of town hall meetings to discuss important legislation and the needs of those they represent.
7. The People of The United States demand energy independence through the use of domestically produced energy sources that are environmentally responsible. An energy policy shall be put in place that transitions our nation from using oil as our primary fuel for transportation to hydrogen and electric in the next 8 years. Additionally, we demand that the federal government move over the next 8 years to implement Nuclear, clean coal, natural gas, wind, and solar energy as the primary energy sources to meet our nations expanding power need.
8. The education of our population should be one of the highest priorities of the federal government ensuring that children, college students, and adults are given the opportunities, training, and tools they need to compete in the global market.
9. The tax code shall be overhauled and simplified. All tax shelters shall be eliminated. All citizens, corporations, and business will pay a flat tax that is equally proportionate to their income.
10. Health care shall be reformed so that every American is guaranteed affordable healthcare through either a universal health plan or government subsidized and guaranteed insurance.
11. The middle class must be rebuilt through the return and creation of domestic manufacturing jobs. To ensure this a national sales tax shall be added to the cost of all imported goods. The marketplace shall be open to imports, but consumers should be given incentive to support products manufactured in the United States over products manufactured over seas.
12. A responsible and humble foreign policy shall be implemented that will recognize that all men are created equal and endowed with certain unalienable rights of which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. All foreign policy shall be driven by the need to be the shining example of our American principles and rights as outlined in our Declaration of Independence, our Constitution, and our Bill of Rights. We shall not use our great military strength unless first attacked. We shall not interfere in the affairs of other nations unless there is a moral obligation to protect the lives of imperiled innocence, or there is direct and dire danger or consequence to the citizens of The United States of America.
We the undersigned agree:
The The American Contract petition to American Voters was written by David Barry and is in the category Politics at GoPetition.