Support Lidl Borehamwood
The proposed planning application will seek full planning permission for the demolition of the existing building and erection a new Lidl food store with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping to the south of the site along with associated works and new access bell mouth to serve the foodstore and a replacement warehouse/industrial building to the rear.
The new food store will extend to 2,105 sq. m gross internal area (GIA) with net sales of 1,349 sq. m. The new food store will be supported by 122 car parking spaces, including 6 dedicated disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces. Secure covered cycle storage will also be provided for 10 bikes.
The proposed replacement warehouse/industrial unit will extend to 2,869 sq. m GIA and will be supported by 49 car parking spaces, including 4 disabled spaces and 12 cycle parking spaces.
Existing vehicular access from York Way will be retained and will accommodate all traffic to and from the proposed warehouse/industrial unit. The new access bell mouth will be located on Elstree Way and will accommodate all traffic (including servicing) to and from the proposed Lidl foodstore.
It is proposed that the Lidl food store will be open between the hours of:
• 7am to 11pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
• 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday
The proposed development is considered to provide the following benefits to the local area:
• A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping
experience to meet the needs of customers;
• A dedicated in-store bakery;
• Improved shopping choice for Borehamwood and the surrounding area;
• A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding
• Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new retail jobs for local
• Landscaping will improve the visual amenity of the site including soft
landscaping around the boundary of the site;
• Enhanced employment use (B2 and B8) accommodation; and,
• Creation of new jobs within the allocated employment area.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl’s application for the redevelopment of the site to facilitate the erection of a new Lidl Foodstore and a new employment unit at the Elstree Industrial Estate, Borehamwood.
We agree to our petition data being used by Lidl to lobby local Councillors and Hertsmere Borough Council to aid progression of the planning application. Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development / planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.
The Support Lidl Borehamwood petition to Hertsmere Borough Council was written by Joe Romero and is in the category Planning at GoPetition.