Lidl are proposing a new food store on land at Lord's Hill, Coleford, GL16 8BD.
The application site comprises a vacant residential unit (12b Lord’s Hill) and a cleared site, which adjoins the Pyart Court Shopping Centre site. The total site area is 0.61 ha. The proposed development will comprise the erection a new Lidl food store with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping.
The store will positively contribute to the surrounding facilities, services and employment opportunities, as well as enhancing the existing retail offer in Coleford.
The new food store will extend to 1,814 sq.m gross internal area, with a net sales area of 1,129 sq.m. Vehicular access to the site will use the existing access off Old Station Way.
The store will be supported by 76 car parking spaces, including 5 disabled parking spaces and 8 parent and child spaces near to the store entrance. Secure cycle storage will also be provided. A trolley bay is located adjacent to the store entrance.
Pedestrians will be able to access the site from Old Station Way, from Lord's Hill, via a footpath leading to Railway Drive car park and to the rear of the site connecting the site to the town centre.
All waste will be stored within the warehouse area and will be collected at the same time as deliveries, thereby minimising HGV movements within the car parking area.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The new neighbourhood Lidl food store will provide the following benefits to the town centre and surrounding local area:
• A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
• A dedicated in-store bakery;
• Improved shopping choice and provision of a discount operator for Coleford and the surrounding area;
• A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area along with development of currently vacant land;
• Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new jobs for local residents;
It is proposed that the food store will be open between the hours of:
• 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
• 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's proposed application for a new food store at Lord's Hill, Coleford.
We agree to our petition data being used to lobby local Councillors and Forest of Dean District Council.
The Support Lidl at Lord's Hill, Coleford petition to Forest of Dean District Council was written by Anonymous and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.