- South Gloucestershire Council
- United Kingdom
The application site comprises the currently vacant parcel of land south of the Concorde Roundabout on Hayes Way, Patchway in North Bristol and is approximately 1.4 ha in size. The site is bordered by Hayes Way to the west and north with the Charlton Hayes residential development beyond, undeveloped land to the east, a Royal Mail depot to the southeast and the former Filton Airport to the south which is no longer operational.
The site is located on previously undeveloped land and currently remains unused. The development site is located within the wider Charlton Hayes development plan area and has an existing planning permission for B1 Office Use under planning application ref: PT03/3143/O.
The proposed development is for the construction of a new Lidl neighbourhood food store with associated car parking, servicing, access road and peripheral landscaping. Access to the site will be provided from a newly formed access road east of the site leading onto Hayes Way. The store will extend to 2,125 sq.m gross internal area with net sales of 1,325 sq.m.
The proposed food store will be supported by 158 car parking spaces, including 8 dedicated disabled spaces and 11 parent and child spaces. Secure cycle storage will also be provided.
It is proposed that the food store will be open between the hours of:
• 8 am to 10 pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
• 10 am to 4 pm or 11 am to 5 pm Sunday
Benefits of the proposed development
The development of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
• A dedicated in-store bakery;
• Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount operator for North Bristol and the surrounding area;
• A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area;
• Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new retail jobs for local residents;
• Landscaping will improve the visual amenity of the site including soft landscaping around the boundary of the site;
• The redevelopment of a currently vacant and underused parcel of land.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's proposed application for a new food store off Hayes Way, Patchway.
We agree to our petition data being used to lobby local Councillors and South Gloucestershire Council.
The Support Lidl at Hayes Way, Patchway petition to South Gloucestershire Council was written by Jemma Cam and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.