- Outdoors Enthusiasts, Conservation Proponents
- United States of America
We greatly appreciated your support!
~Save The Poudre - http://www.savethepoudre.org/
We Need YOUR Help to Save One of the “Most Endangered Rivers in America!”
The Threat: NISP/Glade Reservoir Project
If built, the proposed Glade Reservoir would hold over 57 billion gallons (177,000 acre-feet), all of which would come directly from the already severely degraded Cache la Poudre River.
• The Poudre River is already severely degraded and often dry! Sixty percent of the Poudre’s water is already diverted, and NISP/Glade would nearly drain the Poudre. If built, the NISP/Glade diversion would capture what's called the "June Rise" -- the spring snowmelt absolutely essential for river health through its cleansing and restorative action.
• If built, the NISP/Glade Reservoir would threaten the economy and quality of life of Fort Collins citizens who have invested tens-of-millions of dollars in the natural areas and bike path all along the Poudre River and through downtown Fort Collins.
• If built, the NISP/Glade Reservoir would require the dry-up, pave-over, and subdivision of about 25,000 acres of open space and agricultural lands to pay off the debt that will be incurred to pay for the project.
• The project is predicted to cost at least $431 million, with some subscribing communities like the town of Erie taking on up to $20,000 in debt per family to finance the water.
Watch the Skinny Dip Video:
View location of Poudre River: