- President- Park Geun Hye, The Minister of Environment Department of Korea- Yoon Seongkyu
This petition has been updated and republished as of January 1, 2016.
Have you seen a yellow poster 'NOT FOR SALE'?
Its bar code says "329 1600 120KG 19GRAM".
19 GRAM' is weight of a dried bear gall bladder....
There are more than 1000 bears in captivity (most of them are Asian Moon Bears- Moon Bears, with distinctive 'V' mark on their chest) in over 60 bear farms in Korea.
The Korean government is responsible for this as they started importing bears from North America and Japan for breeding and export in early 1980's.
Visits to 10 bear farms by moonbears.org, confirmed hygiene standards and the conditions of bears were both extremely poor.
The bears were in small dog cages, fed with pig's food for cost cutting measure by bear farmers. All bears showed signs of abnormal behavior.
There are no regulations providing for any specific methods of slaughter, and there is a widespread belief that the bears are killed inhumanely.
Just imagine many bears waiting to be slaughtered for their gall bladder, feet and meat, crowded into small and filthy cages on daily basis.
Please sign this petition to stop this horrible crime. We are aiming for 30,000 signatures to be the voice of all the farmed bears in the world.
Follow www.moonbears.org on facebook and twitter.
- moonbears.org on facebook
- moonbears.org on Twitter
Farmed bear slide: http://photopeach.com/album/lkadr9
2. The government should establish a properly funded bear sanctuary at Jirisan National Park and the farmed bears be released, monitored and properly protected and cared for there.
3. The government should ban all sales of bear products in Korea.
4. The government should foster education in schools and other places.
5. International monitoring organizations should be invited to participate in monitoring of compliance with animal welfare regulations.