- U.S. Congress, President of the United States,Pennsylvania State Congress
- United States of America
This petition is now closed.
1. While understanding the importance of protecting our nation's children against any sexual or physical assault, and while understanding that there is a wide spectrum of sex offenses beyond the highly publicized and relatively rare violent sexual assaults on children.
2. In response to the Federal "Adam Walsh Act" and the SORNA Act", we, the undersigned, forcefully state the following: The Pennsylvania Legislature passed Act 111 and Act 91 in an reactionary manner in order to gain federal funds without responsibly hearing or considering public objection to this legislation. Nor has the Pennsylvania Legislature responsibly studied the contents nor impact of this legislation.
3. Act 111 and Act 91 violates the ex post facto, double jeopardy, and bill of attainder provisions of the Pennsylvania Constitution and the United States Constitution. And constitutes breach of contract of original pleas of an offender.
4. Retroactive punishment of any criminal offender is a violation of State and US Constitutional Rights, relating to Ex Post Facto provisions.
5. Universal re-classification of sex offenders into federal mandated tiers without the individual review before a court of law and judge is a violation of the Separation of Powers provision of the Pennsylvania and United States Constitutions.
6. Instating additional punishment and restriction on offenders who committed crimes up to 10 years or more ago, and after they have satisfied all legal consequences of their offense, is a violation of Double Jeopardy and Ex Post Facto provisions of the Pennsylvania and United States Constitutional Rights.
7. That the Pennsylvania Adam Walsh Law is an irresponsible and seriously flawed piece of legislation which should be revoked immediately, as it has already been illegally enforced beginning December 20, 2012.
8. That the Federal Adam Walsh Act is an irresponsible and seriously flawed piece of legislation which should be revoked immediately, as it has pressured states to react in a way to enact legislation which violates the United States Constitutional Rights of US citizens.
9.That Pennsylvania Legislators who allowed this legislation to pass into law in a reactionary and irresponsible manner should be forced to resign immediately and be held accountable for their actions in any legal manner which applies.
10.That State, County and Local elected officials and employees who enacted the provisions and requirements of this unconstitutional law be likewise held accountable for their support, enacting, or defense of this law, as it violates the Pennsylvania and United States Constitutional rights of citizens.
We as citizens of this State and Nation petition to revoke the Adam Walsh Law and SORNA Act in Pennsylvania.
The Revoke Adam Walsh Law and SORNA Act in Pennsylvania petition to U.S. Congress, President of the United States,Pennsylvania State Congress was written by Q&A and is in the category Government at GoPetition.