Petition to The Minister of Sport Concerning Athletics Lottery Funding
A petition for athletic clubs deeply concerned that Lottery funding allocated for the development of grass roots athletics in England has been hijacked by Sport England for the Government's health and leisure agenda and is not being used for the purpose of raising standards in sport.
We urge you to review the following:-
1. The policies for Sport England in respect of athletics development.
2. The levels of staffing and the role of paid administrators in England Athletics and UKA.
3. The lack of transparency and accountability of fund holders.
4. The loss of democracy in the sport.
5. The inability of elected club representatives to determine the distribution and application of funding in Regions.