PETITION Demanding Consultation on Ontario's Health and Physical Education Curriculum
- Liz Sandals, Minister of Education, Kathleen Wynne, Premier
- WHEREAS, in 2010 the people of Ontario rejected the sensitive, graphic, age-inappropriate, sex education content contained in the 2010, Grade 1 – 8 Health and Physical Education Curriculum,
- WHEREAS, in 2010, the government responded to the public concerns by removing the sensitive content, and promised to provide “opportunities for parents to lend shape to a (sex ed) policy” (Premier McGuinty, April 22, 2010).
- WHEREAS, parents and the public at large have not been granted opportunity to provide input into the content of the proposed curriculum,
- WHEREAS the government survey process did not allow for broad public input,
- WHEREAS the government has announced it will fully implement a revised curriculum in September 2015,
WE, the undersigned, petition the Legislative Assembly of Ontario to honor the 2010 promise to “provide opportunities for parents to lend shape to (sex-ed) policy”, prior to implementation of said curriculum, by providing:
a) a 4-month public response time,
b) opportunities for parents, and the public at large, to understand, and effectively respond in a way that shapes the said curriculum.
The PETITION Demanding Consultation on Ontario's Health and Physical Education Curriculum petition to Liz Sandals, Minister of Education, Kathleen Wynne, Premier was written by PEACE Ontario - Public Education Advocates for Christian Equity and is in the category Education at GoPetition.