Sign the Petition to Let Saint Simons Island Vote on becoming a municipality! Scroll to the bottom and fill in Name information. Do not send us money through the "Sponsor" tab.
- Saint Simons Island Representatives in the Georgia State Senate and House
- United States of America
* Detailed information on the issue of managing the growth of the islands by creating an island municipality is available at the website: ssifuture.com
* Decades long management of the growth of Saint Simons Island by the Glynn County Board of Commissioners has lacked foresight and uniformity resulting in a chaotic zoning mess on the island.
* We have no reason to believe that Board of Commissioners will consistently improve their management practices in the future.
* We want to be given a vote on taking over the management of zoning of the island by becoming municipality.
* Only those who live on the island should be able to vote on this.
* Per State of Georgia requirements the municipality we envision would only control Zoning, Road Maintenance, and Solid waste management, but would be given the ability to take over other services should the outside provision of those services by found lacking.
* Glynn County would continue to provide other services and to collect certain taxes as set up in intergovernmental agreements between the county and the new municipality.
Only our elected state representatives can Let Us Vote On It!
We, the undersigned, call on you, our elected representatives, to sponsor a standard Georgia bill creating an island municipality, so that we on the island can have a chance to vote on whether or not we are willing to take on this responsibility.
The Sign the Petition to Let Saint Simons Island Vote on becoming a municipality! Scroll to the bottom and fill in Name information. Do not send us money through the "Sponsor" tab. petition to Saint Simons Island Representatives in the Georgia State Senate and House was written by Frank Cullen and is in the category Zoning Practices at GoPetition.