Justice for the gang rape and murder victim in India - Don't let her death be in vain
- Government of India
As if the details that emerged of the victim's brutal attack and rape were not sickening enough, this young lady has now lost her battle for life.
- It's time for the Indian government to acknowledge the cultural stigma and address rape.
- It's time to address better policing in India so that cases may be reported and investigated properly.
- No woman should ever be subjected to such barbaric brutality. It's time to bring justice to the victims - expeditiously.
Some changes must come out of this tragic case:
- changes in the law.
- changes in the attitude towards rape and the cultural stigma attached to it.
- for women's rights to be recognised and upheld.
- justice for the victims.
- tougher sentences for a crime drastically increasing in reporting figures.
- to address the issue of poor policing in the reporting and investigating of rape cases.
- to introduce measures to improve women's safety in India.
- to expedite serious offences such as rape and murder.
- to bring justice to the victims through tougher sentences: to punish and to deter perpetrators and in order to protect women.