- Boulder City Council
- United States of America
Make your voice heard!!!
Call or E-Mail your City Council Members:
Phone: (303) 499-8970 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The city of Boulder is currently considering redevelopment options for Diagonal Plaza at the corner of Iris and 28th Streets.
• Most Boulder residents would agree, a Wal-Mart Supercenter or similar Big Box stores are not keeping with our city character and future plans for the city.
• Such a large store of 100,000-150,000 square feet would have an immediate and dramatic impact on our roads and congestion levels.
• More over a Wal-Mart is not the type of business we are trying to attract to Boulder. It does not promote pedestrian friendly or sustainable development nor do they adhere to fair labor practices!
• Big Box stores like Wal-Mart often hurt local small businesses which we cherish and work to support here in Boulder.
• Diagonal Plaza may be in need of redevelopment, but introducing a large store that requires acres of parking will not fix the site’s problem.
An invasion of Big Box Retailers to the area would cause increased traffic, put local stores out of business, and destroy the small town character that brought many of us to Boulder in the first place.
Please take responsible action to limit this type of development in our community.