From time to time, even in a government as great as the United States of America, our government must be reminded that its power lies with the people. The government is a machine driven by the people and guided by the constitution, in order to ensure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When government no longer represents or protects the rights of the people, it must be reformed. As long as it is within our power to change it, we the people can not stand by under the tyranny of government. The election process is the greatest weapon we have, as a people, to influence the direction of the government. We must unite, across the lines that divide us, to form a more perfect union.
We the undersigned, call on members of congress to vote against the nomination of judges who legislate from the bench and to immediately begin sponsoring and cosponsoring legislation to:
• Repeal the large spending bills, pork and earmarks, which threaten the financial security of this country.
• Protect and ensure every right recognized by the first ten amendments of the United States Constitution.
• Reduce the powers of the President and the federal government
• Return the powers of the state that are recognized by the tenth amendment to the United States constitution.
• Protect traditional marriage and the rights of parents.
• Protect the inalienable right of all human beings, born and preborn, to life.