|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - quebec
With the imminent passage of Bill 14 in Quebec, democracy is being legislated away along with our fundamental rights and freedoms. And there seems to be no way to stop it. UNLESS we do something that makes international headlines and draws the spotlight to us.
Imagine 10,000 Quebecers/Canadians applying for asylum to the United States - you can't buy optics like that.
Help us fight back!
Every day we hear about the bad in the world, and any man or women can see that we are living in the bottleneck of war. It is at this point in our global society where every man and woman should have a gun.
I'm not an american, nor do i agree with everyone having a gun at all times. This is because not everyone needs a gun at all times. With the situation in the wold only growing more dire and closer to war ever day i propose that every man & woman 20 and over should be provided with a 9mm pistol in times of crisis. While the military is off at war who is protecting you at home? There is no one stopping someone from coming into our home with their gun and taking advantage of you and your child. Some people may think putting guns on the streets of Canada is just adding to the problem when there is clearly enough death on our streets. This is the thing there are already guns on the streets in the hands of BAD people what's wrong with giving those perfectly SANE perfectly responsible people a gun in a time of crisis.
I and many people who i have spoken to believe that at the age of 19 you should be properly trained to use a gun, and given your licence, NOT YOUR WEAPON. this is just one of the precautions that we would have to take. Plus all guns will be registered, guns are not cheap, but whats more important than the protection of our citizens and our families... i cant think of anything, can you ? the gist of what i'm saying is that every man at the age of 19 should be properly trained and given a gun. This gun will be kept in a designated place their should be a few in each city so your gun is no more then 20 minutes away from your home closer would be better, This will ensure that these guns are not used to commit acts of unrighteous unjustifiably violence. their may come a time when everyone wishes this had been made a right but by then it would have been to late, whats wrong with this idea no one gets their gun to walk the streets, and you cannot pick up your fire-arm unless we are in a time of crisis.
What justifies crisis WILL need to be reevaluated. But as the president of the NRA in America said "we already know the bad guys have guns, whats wrong with putting a gun in the hands of good, trained, men and women in a crisis. i cant find an reason why this is a bad idea but then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Since March 31, 2010, the Fédération des médecins résidents du Québec has been trying to bring the government to recognize that the work conditions and remuneration of medical residents are suboptimal. During the same period, the ministry hasn’t hesitated a bit to sign agreements with medical specialists, family physicians, and other health professionals. But, for Quebec residents, nothing yet.
The government refuses to recognize the 37 % gap between Quebec residents’ remuneration and that of their colleagues in the rest of Canada.
The government refuses to compensate medical residents financially for the teaching activities they supervise, as it is the case for other health professionals.
The government refuses to increase medical residents’ call duty premium at its fair value.
The government refuses to pay overtime to medical residents.
This situation has become unacceptable for medical residents.
Unfortunately, the much adored weekly boxing news television show "In This Corner with Russ Anber", hosted by the ever-popular veteran boxing coach and analyst, Russ Anber, has been removed from the sports programming of TSN for over a year now.
With the popularity and success of boxing in Canada at an all-time high (Canada presently boasts 3 World Champions) we ask you to please help us bring back "In This Corner with Russ Anber" to TSN's television lineup.
Link to Mr. Anber's Blog on TSN:
Malheureusement, depuis plus d’un an maintenant, l’émission hebdomadaire culte de boxe « In this Corner with Russ Anber » animée par le toujours populaire entraîneur de boxe et analyste Russ Anber n’est plus sur les ondes de TSN.
Alors que la popularité et le succès de la boxe au Canada est à son sommet historique (le Canada compte présentement trois champions du monde chez les professionnels), nous vous demandons de nous aider à ramener « In This Corner with Russ Anber » sur les ondes de TSN.
Lien au blogue de boxe de M. Anber sur TSN :
John A. Macdonald was the first prime minister of the Dominion of Canada, but that was the end of a story. It was his predecessors, Louis-Hippolyte La Fontaine and Robert Baldwin, who made self-government possible. In fact, La Fontaine was the first Prime Minister.
His contributions are commemorated in the place names of parks, towns, streets, bridges and even a tunnel, yet when our children learn Canadian history, they are taught that Canada began in 1867. Canada was born amid shoot-outs, riots and fires. La Fontaine and Baldwin had created a balanced, fair government and knew that the change to a democracy would be a difficult process for the old oligarchy of Tories and businessmen to accept.
Confederation, dominated by the old Tory elite making the same claims, helped to perpetuate an illusion that Canada began in 1867, but place names survive, waiting for us to wonder why they were chosen, and in the process, to rediscover our past and learn of the real struggles our ancestors endured in order to make Canada the first colony to secede from the British Empire in a civil manner – without war. (Source: Joseph Graham)
The building we are advocating for was once the home of Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine the great man who is mentioned above. This Victorian style mansion built in the 1830's is currently left to fall into ruin by the City of Montreal. Over the years there have been many people advocating for the building and yet nothing has been done. Something must be done to save the building.
Vu l’incapacité du Gouvernement provincial du Québec à gérer les problèmes actuels, c’est-à-dire les allégations de corruptions étendues à tous les niveaux (municipal, provincial) et au statu quo de Jean Charest, Premier ministre du Québec, à ouvrir une vraie enquête.
Vu l’incapacité de l’opposition officielle à répondre aux attente des citoyens du Québec en restant dans l’ombre.
Given the inability of the provincial government of Quebec to manage current problems, that is to say the allegations of widespread corruption at all levels (municipal, provincial) and the status quo of Jean Charest, Premier of Quebec, open a real investigation.
Given the inability of the official opposition to the expectations of the citizens of Quebec remaining in the shadows.
GILLES DUCEPPE is a flamboyant personality who claims leadership of the federal BLOC QUEBECOIS party, and has occupied a seat in the Canadian Parliament for 20 years.
Mr. DUCEPPE is not entitled to that seat, for a number of reasons:
1. GILLES DUCEPPE has publicly renounced Canada as his nation and country. He continually refers to CANADA and CANADIANS as if they were NOT his country or his people. He has said in FRENCH in the clip in this video that CANADA IS NOT HIS COUNTRY, NOT HIS NATION:
It's about time Canadians woke up and held him to his word. As GILLES DUCEPPE does NOT CONSIDER CANADA to be his COUNTRY, he is therefore NOT entitled to the privileges of being CANADIAN.
Two key privileges are the guarantees in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The right to VOTE belongs exclusively to CANADIANS. So does the right to be QUALIFIED to run for office and hold elected office.
2. On 23 September 1990, GILLES DUCEPPE publicly washed his hands of his OATH OF ALLEGIANCE that he swore to the QUEEN on 13 August 1990 as a Constitutional requirement to sit and vote in Canadian Parliament. GILLES DUCEPPE says the CONSTITUTIONAL requirement of a valid oath to sit and govern in Canada is an irrelevant TECHNICALITY.
Even if Mr. DUCEPPE did consider himself to be a CANADIAN, which he has clearly and repeatedly said he IS NOT, he has no legal right to occupy space in Canadian Parliament. For, he is a perjurer; he swore an oath of allegiance which he then renounced! Just as he has renounced Canada as his country!
GILLES DUCEPPE has no respect for Canada, our Constitution, our Parliament or the Law, all of which he has been cuckolding now for over TWO DECADES.
3. GILLES DUCEPPE has for twenty years now been lying brazenly to QUEBECERS that his goal for Quebec is INDEPENDENCE. He wants to make a country of Quebec! Oh, does he?
No, not at all!
GILLES DUCEPPE's only goal, his real goal, which informs his every word, act and thought, is to DESTROY CANADA for North American Union and a continental parliament, on the way to western hemispheric union and a Communist one-world government. In order to do this, DUCEPPE has to TAKE QUEBEC OUT.
In May of 2008, GILLES DUCEPPE was a guest speaker at the MODEL PARLIAMENT FOR NORTH AMERICA held in Montreal City Hall. THAT'S the "parliament" GILLES DUCEPPE serves, not the Parliament of Canada, and certainly not the parliament of the independent state of Quebec which he also intends to destroy.
For, once Canada is dissolved, Quebec is next, and so are all the other provinces. Because the continental parliament is EU-style. Member-states of the European Union are being DRAINED of their sovereignty. United Kingdom has lost 100% of its sovereignty over fishing, trade, environment and farming as a consequence of its membership of the European Union superstate. As long ago as 1991, former Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau even boasted that FRANCE was at that time exercising only "about 18% of its sovereignty", the rest having been "delegated" irretrievably to Brussels. (Source: "Will Canada Survive? Federalism in Peril": http://www.librarything.com/work/4106342 )
It is the GOAL of GILLES DUCEPPE, two-faced liar, con man and perjurer, that not only CANADA be destroyed, but that QUEBEC and ALL THE PROVINCES be "re-federated" under the North American continental parliament so that they TOO can be relieved of all THEIR sovereignty.
The Provinces of Canada exercise 100% sovereignty over EVERY domain under Section 92 of the British North America Act, 1867. They then SHARE Imperial Sovereignty in the NATION of Canada under Section 91 of the British North America Act, 1867 where EVERY Province of this country sits in Parliament. We now call it the Constitution Act.
GILLES DUCEPPE'S goal for Quebec and for all the Provinces is the annexation of their sovereignty and of all their natural resources, and of all their territory, and of us, THE PEOPLE, into a corporate-run fascist, dictatorial, Communist one-world government where BIG BUSINESS -- ( emerging from its conspiracy of capitalism ) -- has at last taken over the functions it so desperately covets: those of GOVERNMENT.
Those functions belong to us, THE PEOPLE. Not to GILLES DUCEPPE and his corporate bosses!
4. PHONY REFERENDUMS AND LIES ABOUT SOVEREIGNTY:
The 1980 and 1995 referendums to "secede" in Quebec were no such thing. Both were attempts to substitiute the EEC and then the EU system disguised as "Sovereignty Association" and "Sovereignty Partnership" for Confederation. In other words, both were attempts to give root to the NORTH AMERICAN UNION that is now unfolding before us on the pretext of 9/11, which was clearly perpetrated because the phony referendums to "secede" had failed:
As will also FAIL the phony upcoming third and final referendum to "secede" announced by GILLES DUCEPPE on 9 June 2010 using Parliamentary letterhead from his office in Ottawa:
This man who has PERJURED HIS OATH TO THE QUEEN AND TO CANADA, who has publicly and repeatedly declared that CANADA is not his COUNTRY, has the unmitigated gall to use Canadian Government letterhead to incite over 1,600 world leaders and influential personalities to believe that HE, a traitor who has no ties to Canada, intends to DESTROY CANADA. And he wants their support!
It's time to THROW THIS MAN OUT !!!
PERJURY IS NOT DEMOCRACY.
TREASON IS NOT POLITICS.
AND LICENCE IS NOT LIBERTY!
GILLES DUCEPPE, BY HIS OWN WORDS, HAS NO PLACE IN CANADA, AND MOST CERTAINLY, NONE IN PARLIAMENT.
Let's all tell this seditious lie-spinner to, "HIT THE ROAD, JACK!" and send him an official DEPORTATION NOTICE:
He can then decide what country -- if any -- he would then like to "belong" to, and perhaps that country will give him the right to vote, and to run for office, and to run it into the ground.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"When liberty becomes licence, dictatorship is near"
-- Will Durant.
"Every dictator is an enemy of freedom and an opponent of law."
DEPORT GILLES DUCEPPE!
HE ASKED FOR IT!
SIGN THE PETITION!
I have checked out 3 different contests made by Samsung Canada, and in each they DO NOT include Quebec. I find this very maddening as Quebec is still a Province of Canada.
The City of Dieppe, New Brunswick has proposed a “Quebec Style” Commercial Signage Bylaw that all commercial signage must be in “ FRENCH ONLY “ or Bilingual while banning English only signage with fines for non compliance.
English and French are both the Official languages in Canada and both Language have Equal Rights and Privileges.
This is clearly DISCRIMINATION against the English language and against our Canadian Constitutional Rights to freedom of expression.
* Cette pétition n'est en aucunement lier a L’Association pour la Protection du Saumon et de la Rivière Pentecôte / This petition is in no way associated to L’Association pour la Protection du Saumon et de la Rivière Pentecôte *
This petition is to stop the planned construction of 2 hydro electric dams, one on the Aux Rochers river and the other on the Pentecôte river both rivers are located on the North Shore of Quebec.
This petition will help protect the right of the citizens of Port Cartier and Rivière Pentecôte who are against such a construction.
All the citizens of the City of Port Cartier including Rivière Pentecôte, Baies des Homards and Pointes Aux Anglais and all the friends of both atlantic salmon rivers want you to help them stop this environmental disaster.
Le regroupement des propriétaires de chiens de St-Augustin-de-Desmaures vous invite à appuyer sa démarche auprès de la municipalité.
car les renseignements que vous fournirez seront très bien protégés.
Pour communiquer avec l'auteur,voir en bas de la page
Merci pour votre support!
Raisons d'une telle pétition:
• Que plus de 20 % des foyers au Québec possèdent au moins un chien (Source : Sondage Léger Marketing effectué en 2008 pour le compte de l'Académie de médecine vétérinaire du Québec).
• Qu'un parc d'exercice pour chiens a l'avantage de faire diminuer le nombre de plaintes liées aux chiens car ces derniers sont moins en contact avec la population. Un parc est particulièrement souhaitable pour les raisons suivantes :
- Les chiens sont perçus comme un danger potentiel par une partie importante de la population. De plus, certains propriétaires manquent de civisme et/ou contrôlent mal leur chien pendant les promenades. Plus il y aura de chiens fréquentant le parc, moins il y aura de promeneurs dans les rues et par conséquent, moins il y aura d'incidents désagréables et plus la population se sentira en sécurité.
- Certains propriétaires n'hésitent pas à laisser jouer illégalement leur chien sur des terrains privés ou utilisés à des fins sportives. De plus, en ne ramassant pas toujours les excréments de leurs animaux, ils causent du tort aux autres utilisateurs même après avoir quitté les lieux.
- Le manque d'exercice, l'ennui ou un manque de sociabilisation amènent certains chiens à japper de façon excessive tandis que d'autres développent des problèmes de comportement tels que la tendance à fuguer, la peur, l'agressivité et/ou la destruction de leur environnement. Ces chiens mésadaptés renforcent la crainte chez les non-propriétaires. De plus, un nombre important de ces chiens finissent par être abandonnés ou euthanasiés car leurs maîtres ne réussissent pas à régler ces problèmes alors que ces derniers sont souvent faciles à éliminer par l'exercice en quantité suffisante et/ou une socialisation adéquate, deux bénéfices reconnus de la fréquentation d'un parc canin.
• Qu'une séance d'exercice au parc amène nettement plus de bénéfices qu'une promenade d'une durée équivalente. Selon l'Association canadienne des médecins vétérinaires, les chiens devraient faire au moins une heure d'exercices vigoureux par jour. Or, notre rythme de vie fait en sorte que nos promenades offrent rarement un niveau suffisant d'exercice. Ils souffrent donc, eux aussi, des problèmes de santé dus à la sédentarité.
• Que la fréquentation régulière d'un parc canin permet aux propriétaires d'améliorer leurs connaissances sur les chiens, de développer de nouvelles amitiés et d'augmenter leur sentiment d'appartenance à la communauté.
• Que, pour qu'un projet de parc d'exercice pour chiens soit acceptable pour l'ensemble de la population, une attention toute particulière doit être portée au respect du droit à la vie privée et à la jouissance des lieux des résidents près du parc, et ce, plus particulièrement en ce qui concerne la gestion du bruit, des déchets et de la circulation automobile.
Recently the borough of Pierrefonds decided to start enforcing a bylaw that prohibits dogs in the borough's parks. There was no public consultation on this decision.
An all out ban is not the answer. Pet owners pay license fees as well as taxes and should have rights too. The borough should not be treating it's resident dog walkers like criminals.
They should be focusing their energy on the drug dealers, the vandalism and litters that plague our green spaces. They chose to announce this decision when most people are on holidays. We will be stuck in the streets in the winter, where it is dangerous and slipery!
Since 2005, The Ontario Trucking Association and the Canadian Trucking Alliance are putting pressure on the MTO and many other Provincial agencies to mandate the use of the electronic speed limiter on all heavy trucks over 11,000kg of GWVR.
The reasons given for that range from safety to environment, to leveling the playing field to all the industry. This will affect any truck operating into, out of, and within the Province.
Depuis 2005 l'OTA et l'ACCA metten de la pression sur les divers ministères pour forcer la mise en fonction obligatoire du limiteur de vitesse électronique de tout camions qui opèrent dans, en dehors, et en dedans la Province de l'Ontario.
Les raisons sont variés passant de la sécurité à l'environnement, et pour niveler la compétition.
Depuis quelques temps, des campagnes de publicité de la S.A.A.Q. ne cessent de passer pour contrer l'alcool au volant. Mais ces campagnes semblent être ignorées par la population.
Selon la Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec, il y a eu 50 443 victimes de la route dans la province en 2006, dont 717 qui ont perdu la vie, soit 10 de plus qu'en 2005. L'alcool au volant demeure l'une des principales causes d'accidents avec une moyenne de 30 pour cent des conducteurs décédés présentant un taux d'alcoolémie supérieur à 80 milligrammes d'alcool par 100 millitres de sang en 2005.
Pour contrer ce fléau, une solution s'impose! Il faut augmenter les peines. La ministre des transport du Québec (Julie Boulet) devrait s'inspirer de son homologue Ontarien pour ainsi instaurer des lois et programmes plus sévère envers les conducteurs fautifs. Tels que :
- La suspension immédiate du permis de conduire;
- Des amendes plus élevées;
- Des périodes de suspension plus longues;
- Des programmes obligatoires d'éducation et de traitement de l'alcoolisme;
- La mise en fourrière des véhicules; et
- Le programme d'interruption d'allumage (Anti-démarreur);
- Minimum d'incarcération pour conduite avec falculté affaiblie causant des lésion ou la mort;
Pour plus d'information sur le modèle Ontarien, cliquez sur le lien juste en haut de la description.
More to come.
Ms. Moya Greene, Canada Post Corporation's most recent President and CEO made some statements at Vancouver Board of Trade meeting.
She spoke of spending billions of dollars to improve the infrastructure at Canada Post, but was silent on what, if any, services at Canada Post would be improved for customers.
Canada Post has been profitable for the last 11 years, posting a profit of $190 million last year and Ms. Greene expects revenue this year of $7.2 billion.
Ms. Greene does not expect to use any of the billions of dollars to expand door-to-door delivery to Saturdays. In fact, she claims that "customers are not asking for Saturday delivery".
As a customer of Canada Post I have never been asked if I wanted Saturday delivery.
Do you want Saturday door-to-door delivery?
Answer YES or NO and the results will be sent to Ms. Greene upon the closing date of this petition.
Customers in Canada and Quebec must have their voices heard.
February 14, 2006
Les résidents de Beaconsfield ont reçu leur comptes de taxes - une hausse de 30%...Ce montant est plus élevé que les communautés voisines.
Beaconsfield residents have received a 30% increase to their municipal property tax bill following the de-mergers with Montreal.
This is considerably higher than most neighbouring cities such as Kirkland and Baie D'Urfe.
TO: The Honourable Dr. Philippe Couillard, Quebec Minister of Health Services and Social Services
TO: Madame Nicole Malo, Public Curator
cc. The Honourable Mme Carole Théberge, Quebec Minister of Family, Seniors and the Status of Women
We, the undersigned, believe that the rights of the intellectually disabled young man, presently under tutorship of the Quebec public curator, and known by the alias of "Tiger" [documentation with his real identity already in possession of your office] have been and continue to be violated by establishments mandated under the Act respecting health services and social services to provide him with adequate care.
We believe that he has been, throughout his life, deprived of specific rights granted to all citizens and to which he was and is entitled under Quebec, Canadian and international law. Attached are specific rights, which we believe that Tiger was and is entitled to and has not been granted via the following:
* United Nations, Convention on the Rights of the Child, ratified by Canada in 1991
* United Nations, Rules for the Protection of Juveniles Deprived of their Liberty, (1990),
* Canadian Charter Of Rights And Freedoms;
* Quebec Charter Of Human Rights And Freedoms;
* Quebec, Youth Protection Act ;
* Quebec, Civil Code
* Quebec, An Act respecting health services and social services;
* Quebec, Public Curator Act;
We believe most notably that he has and continues to be deprived of the "personalised services" to which he has always been entitled to by the following article contained in the AHSSS:
"5. Every person is entitled to receive, with continuity and in a personalized manner, health services and social services which are scientifically, humanly and socially appropriate."
Fundamentally, we believe that not only has Tiger been deprived of his rights as stated above, but also that he has been mistreated, misdiagnosed, misplaced, neglected, abused, punished and persecuted all under the guise of "care" aimed at meeting his needs and interests.
Given that the Quebec Human Rights commission ruled in the year 2000, that Tiger's rights and specifically those related to his right to health, social and educational services granted under article 8 of the Youth Protection Act were violated and given that adequate measures have not been taken since this date to remedy his situation, we therefore request the following:
* There be an immediate stop to all forms of punitive behaviour toward Tiger;
* The Ministry conduct a complete and transparent investigation into the health services and social services that Tiger has received from the age of 2, when he first came to the attention of social services, to the present;
* The Ministry in conjunction with the Public Curator provide a full guarantee, as of now, that Tiger will receive services of the highest professional calibre, to be treated at all times with dignity and with respect for his rights;
* the Ministry in conjunction with the Public Curator actively work to remove all prejudice and bias which has been created as a result of the mismanagement of Tiger and his situation;
* Given the multitude of social and health services which have been involved in depriving Tiger of adequate services, the Ministry itself assume the full responsibility for the development and implementation of a comprehensive and long term plan. That Tiger, a representative from the Public Curator's office and person(s) selected by Tiger to assist him, participate in the development of such plan. This plan must of necessity include resources that would ensure Tiger's ongoing positive development, social adjustment and his becoming a fully contributing member of our society;
* An independent body be mandated to provide an assessment to determine how much, if any, financial compensation Tiger should receive in view of the serious negligence and harm that he has suffered by the health and social services establishments.
In Quebec, there are approximately 89 search and rescue team registered in the National Search and Rescue Secretariat (NSS) of Canada, a branch of the ministry of defence of Canada. Their role is to participate in search and rescue of reported missing persons in forest or in urban zones, in Quebec, the search and rescue groups are under the steering of the Sureté du Quebec, regrettably the S.Q. appeals too late to the teams of specialized volunteers specially to the teams of dog handlers or don't call at all.
I have lived in Quebec all my life and I have watched as english is slowly being pushed out of this province. Off of signs, out of hospitals, CLSC, dentist offices, government offices and now even education. If you are tired of this happening please sign this petition before it is too late.
Gambling belongs in the casinos. With the proliferation of video lottery terminals in our local bars and restaurants, ordinary citizens (including seniors and teenagers) are casually attracted to them and become addicted.
I am one such person and I have seen many other people who hate their availability but can't stay away.
If these machines were in the casinos, I believe that many people would have an easier time to stop playing them and many others who have not yet started will not be tempted and will be saved from a devastating addiction.
Petition submitted to the Quebec National Assembly for the adoption of an anti-dolphinarium law.
For the attention of the Quebec National Assembly and, especially for the attention of the Prime Minister of Quebec and the Ministry of Tourism.
This said petition is for the adoption of an anti-dolphinarium law in the province of Quebec. Strongly convinced that the Government is in a position to accomplish tremendously for the protection of species, by creating this law;
WHEREAS zoological parks and other similar associations or establishments cannot offer adequate conditions to maintain dolphins alive;
WHEREAS captivity conditions lead to distressing behaviours and even to death on the part of dolphins;
WHEREAS the risks of injuries are very real for the dolphins as well as for the humans within the scope of swimming programs with the dolphins;
WHEREAS numerous deaths have been recorded as a result of dolphins being kept in such captivity;
For all these reasons and many more. We, the undersigned, request that the Quebec National Assembly take the necessary steps to adopt a law against dolphinarium projects of any type in the Province of Quebec.
We have recently heard there is High Speed internet access available in our community but only certain businesses or organizations can receive the service but not the general public.
This petition is to revise the decision of Globetrotter net (Telus Quebec).