|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - president
The Liberia National Police (LNP), acting on behalf of the Government of Liberia, arrested journalist Darlington C. Pelenah on July 29, 2012 and charged him, along with Benjamin Bokie Gbar and William Randolph, with the crimes of criminal conspiracy and armed robbery.
The three were charged based on a complaint by an alleged victim Weeks Thomas that he and two others were held at gun point by the defendants and robbed of US$17,000.00. Weeks Thomas reported that one of his boys, Edwin Thomas was shot in the head by journalist Pelenah on the night of the alleged armed robbery.
Journalist Pelenah and the others were subsequently indicted by a grand jury on 12 counts and have been in detention at the Monrovia Central Prison since their arrest in July 2012.
Since the arrest and detention of journalist Pelenah and co-defendants, their trial has been suspended and postponed several times on flimsy excuses. Many people, including media practitioners, the defendants, and family members believe the repeated suspension and postponement of the trial is a deliberate violation of the right of the defendants to a fair and speedy trial in keeping with due process of law.
The action by the state puts the lives of journalist Pelenah and co-defendants at risk, as armed robbery is a capital office punishable by life imprisonment or death based on its degree.
Journalist Pelenah, Benjamin Bokie Gbar, and William Randolph are now in prolonged detention, crying out for freedom and justice.
Every single document and statement that the police and prosecution have issued so far in relation to the case lacks consistency, relevance and reliability. None of the defendants was arrested on the alleged crime scene. There are no forensic reports or on-the-scene photographs linking the defendants to the commission of the crimes for which they’ve been charged.
Accounts by the alleged victims, which formed the basis for the charges brought against journalist Pelenah and co-defendants, have also been grossly inconsistent.
Since journalist Pelenah’s arrest in July, 2012, the Government of Liberia has had many opportunities to prove its case beyond every reasonable doubt but have failed miserably. The government has employed every known legal trick to delay his trial, ranging from unexplainable postponement and suspension to disbandment of trial jury. By so doing, the Government of Liberia continues to deny him the right to a fair and speedy trial in keeping with due process of law.
Journalist Pelenah and co-defendants have all denied the charges and pleaded not guilty to the alleged crime. And, from all indications, the Government of Liberia does not have a case against and will go to great length to apply every known legal trick to delay their trial and keep them in detention for the rest of their lives.
As the government continues to fail to prove its case beyond all reasonable doubt, we request the unconditional release of journalist Pelenah and co-defendants.
Whereas the illegal transfer of Music has taken over Liberia;
Whereas the Copy Right Law of Liberia has become toothless;
Whereas Musicians have been denied their rights to use their talents to survive;
Whereas Liberia is losing too much money from the music and entertainment industry;
Whereas even the law enforcers have become a part of the copyright violation in Liberia; and in as much as the musicians in Bong County have tried to appeal to those transferring their music to desist but failed;
We have therefore decided to ask the government of Liberia to:
President Obama has an important opportunity during the next congressional recess to help millions of homeowners with one simple step: replacing the man who's holding back the housing recovery with someone actually willing to help homeowners and taxpayers.
I signed a petition encouraging him to take the bold step of replacing Edward DeMarco, acting head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency, with someone who'll do the right thing for the economy and the 12 million families who are in danger of losing their home.
Fannie should allow principal reductions on ALL homeowners who are underwater both current and delinquent.
Why do the banks send you a letter decling a loan modification and then go on to offer for you to short sale it for market value to someone else instead of giving you a loan modification at market value?
Ed DeMarco must go !
Can you join me
1. Obama and unrepentant terrorist William Ayers misappropriated over 300 million dollars in donations meant for the education of Chicago’s minority students. They routed the money to Obama’s community activist buddies who then tried to turn the students in radicals. The program was a total failure.
2. Obama, as an Illinois State Senator, redirected tens of millions in Illinois tax dollars to Valerie Jarrett and Tony Rezko, to provide housing for low income families. They returned the favor with political donations. The housing units were built with cheap materials and labor and are uninhabitable after a mere 10 years of use.
3. Obama accepted millions in illegal campaign contributions from foreign credit cards after the credit card filters used to screen out foreign money, was switched off. This also allowed domestic donors, who were over the legal limit, to contribute more.
4. Obama and SecState Clinton’s efforts to bring the US under the UN’s Small Arms Treaty are direct violations of the Second Amendment of the US Constitution.
5. Obama attempted to move control of the Census Bureau from the Commerce Department to the White House, to be managed by then Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel.
6. Obama had provided under the radar amnesty to illegal immigrants by allowing ICE Director John Morton to prohibit ICE officers from enforcing US immigration laws.
7. Obama allowed USAG Holder to ignore the violation of US immigration laws in the sanctuary cities, i.e.,San Francisco, etc.
8. Obama has failed to defend US soil in Arizona as Mexican troops bring illegals and drugs into the USA, crossing the border doing so. This is a direct violation of Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution.
9. Obama illegally fired the IG Walpin for investigating Obama’s buddy, Mayor Kevin Johnson (Sacramento), for fraud (850K) with AmeriCorps.
10. Obama is in contempt of Federal court for his illegal oil drilling moratorium in the Gulf.
11. Obama spent a month as the UN Security Council Chair in 2009, which raises the question of his conflict of interest between the US and the UN. This is also likely a violation of his Oath of Office as the UN conflicts with our Constitution on many levels, i.e., LOST, UN Small Arms ban, etc.
12. Obama signed an EO in December 2009 that allows Interpol to operate in the US without oversight by Congress, courts, FBI, or local law enforcement.
13. Obama and SecState Clinton misappropriated, er, used $23 million in US taxpayer funds to help Obama’s homeland of Kenya move to a communist nation where the freedom of speech, private property rights, and other rights are subservient to “social justice”. This includes the fact that the Kenyan constitution adopted Sharia Law, which violates the basic human rights of women.
14. Obama was likely involved with then Governor Rod Blagojevich to try and sell his Illinois Senate seat, i.e., pay to play. Jesse Jackson Jr is under investigation for it and it appears that Valerie Jarrett might also have been involved.
15. Obama ran a website that asked Americans to report on other Americans, in the area of ObamaKare, using whitehouse.gov and taxpayer money to do so. He repeated this with AttackWatch.
16. Obama got onto the Indiana ballot through voter fraud in 2008.
17. Obama sealed all of his records that would show that he is possibly an illegal president, that he is feloniously using a false SSN, that his draft registration number is false, that his Fulbright award was falsely awarded as Obama claimed foreign student status, and that his student aid was falsely obtained.
18. Obama violated the Constitution by firing the GM CEO.
19. Obama violated bankruptcy laws by forcing GM bondholders to accept millions of dollars in losses of money that they were legally entitled to.
20. Obama violated bankruptcy laws by awarding the UAW with a share of GM and Chrysler during their bankruptcy proceedings.
21. Obama bought votes for ObamaKare with acts like, “Cornhusker Kickback”, “Louisiana Purchase” and the DoI increasing water allocations toCalifornia’sCentral Valley. This brought in the votes of Dennis Cardoza and Jim Costa, both Democrat holdouts.
22. Obama lied about Americans being able to keep their healthcare coverage if they wanted to. ObamaKare is already forcing them out of their current coverage.
23. Obama attempted to bribe Joe Sestak with a job offer in order to get him to drop out of the Senate race against Arlen Specter.
24. Obama bypassed Congress and told the EPA to set carbon emission standards.
25. Obama forced BP to pony up a $20 billion slush fund to compensate Gulf Coast businesses and residents affected by the BP oil spill. It was administered by one of Obama’s political appointees and there is NO Congressional oversight.
26. Obama did nothing to Holder (abetted a felony) when Holder refused to prosecute two New Black Panther Party members for brandishing weapons in front of a voting location in Filthadelphia. A direct violation of the voters Civil Rights.
27. Obama bypassed the Senate with a recess appointment of Donald Berwick as the head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Violates policy.
28. Obama bypassed the Senate with many of his appointments of over 30 “czars.”
29. Obama illegally fired Sherry Sherrod from the USDA over remarks she made at an NAACP meeting in March 2010. He violated her due process.
30. Obama violated contractual law when his regime cancelled 77 oil field development contracts previously approved by Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, under Bush 43’s administration. This keeps us from extracting from 2-3 TRILLION barrels of oil.
31. Obama used the DHS to determine the political affiliation of Americans making FOIA requests about the Regime. This led to requests being stalled, lost, etc.
32. Obama instigated a revolution in Egypt against an ally in the War on Terror.
33. Obama violated the War Powers Act of 1973 by conducting a war against Libya without Congressional authorization.
34. Obama lied to the American people when he said that there were no US troops on the ground in Libya and then later said they were only “logistical troops.”
35. Obama acted in April 2009, at the G20 meeting, to expand the Special Drawing Rights, that now gives the IMF more control over the US economy.
36. Obama gave missile codes to British Trident missiles to Russia.
37. Obama passed the Dream Act through an executive order, bypassing Congress again. DREAM is: Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors.
38. Obama gave taxpayer funds to Solyndra (amongst others).
39. Obama issued an EO on July 12, 2011, attempting to restrict the Second Amendment rights of US citizens in Texas, California, New Mexico and Arizona.
40. Obama’s allowed the FCC to assume authority over the internet, in direct violation of a federal appeals court that DENIED the commission that authority. In December, the FCC voted and passed the first federal regulations on internet traffic.
41. Obama allows the DHS/TSA to routinely violate the 4th/5th Amendment rights of Americans at airports, train stations, and VIPER checkpoints.
42. Obama allows the DOJ in 2009 to stop enforcing federal drug laws in regards to marijuana.
43. Obama allows the DOJ to refuse to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act.
44. Obama attempted to bypass Congress and raise the Debt Ceiling by “reinterpreting” the 14th Amendment.
45. Obama just bypassed the Senate AGAIN by appointing Richard Cordray to a new unconstitutional agency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Violates policy.
46. Obama deprived the due process of two U.S.citizens, Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan, by assassinating them via a CIA drone attack in Yemen on Sept. 30, 2011. This also raises the question of an act of war against Yemen for firing into a sovereign nation. Obama said in 2008: “No. I reject the Bush Administration’s claim that the President has plenary authority under the U.S. Constitution to detainU.S.citizens without charges as unlawful enemy combatants.”
47. Obama allowed Education Secretary Arne Duncan to grant waivers to No Child Left Behind however, this is a law enacted by Congress and neither Obama nor Duncan have the authority to authorize that.
48. Obama allowed the bailouts to grant money without the authority to do so. “No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law.” Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7U.S.Constitution
49. Obama allowed Operation Castaway to occur, which allowed firearms laws to be broken through coercion of legal gun dealers.
50. Obama allowed Operation Fast and Furious to occur, which allowed hundreds of Mexican nationals and Border Agent Brian Terry to be murdered with illegal arms given out by the ATF and DOJ.
51. Obama bypassed the Senate to appoint three people to the National Labor Relations Board. (Naturally, they’ll all be Obomobots) Violates policy.
Since the tragedy’s at Columbine High School on April 20th of 1999, our nation has bared witness to more than it's rightful share of school shootings, massacres and terrorists acts.
The most recent of such attacks happened on December 14, 2012, at Sandy Hooks Elementary School in Newton, CT killing 20 six and seven year old children and six adults. Our children are not safe. This cannot be tolerated any longer in simple hopes of a better solution. Our children have the right to go to school and be safe from the tyranny of terrorists.
It is up to you Mr. President and our respected, elected officials to grant us the means necessary to better arm our schools and shield our beloved. This threat cannot be solved by written law to try and deter terror. Taking away guns leaves our children left to fate and that’s a risk parents are not willing to take. We want our schools armed.
ASCAT demands that every school have at least one armed Police or Military Officer on campus during school hours and extended activities after school hours. The following is a list of other demands we want to see enforced:
1. Five willing and evaluated teachers from every campus to undergo police and firearm training, licensed to carry a concealed firearm.
2. Required firearm training and carrying license for the principal of every school and have them armed on campus.
3. Gun safes in classrooms of participating teachers and principals office to restrain access by students.
4. Panic buttons placed in every classroom with a unique sound that can be delivered throughout the school and to police to alert of terrorists attacks.
5. Teacher & Staff anti-terrorists seminars and workshops.
6. Act and Respond panic drills for students.
7. Locks on classrooms with reinforced doors and glass.
8. Better front door security and reinforcements.
9. Secondary devices such as electric tasers for participating teachers and principal.
10. Secondary reinforced door access to student population.
This isn’t a battle that is going to end without a fight. For the safety of our children and our educators we must arm our schools. It is just a matter of time before this happens again and when it does we must be ready.
You can’t stop a terrorist from attempting an attack, but you can stand up against them when the attack is made.
The Electoral College was adopted when the population was not as large as it is today. I believe in the "Majority Rule". Thus removing the primary source of election of the President being majority. If the majority vote does not have a unanimous decision then proceed to the Electoral College. Doing so would ensure that every ones vote counts. Especially in states that are a majority one party.
When a state is a majority one party that party usually wins that state. Making citizens of that state that are not that party feel like their vote does not count. Removing the Electoral College would encourage more citizens to exercise their right to vote and have a larger turn out on election day. Please move forward on this issue as I am sure i'm not the only citizen that feels this way.
Please visit the link below to sign the petition on the White Houses website:
We need to ABLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE! Not because Barack Obama won, but because it has happened 4 other times.
The Electoral College was good back in the day before there was television, radio and social media. People, then, elected others who were more informed to vote for them. This is now out-of-date because of technological advances making almost anyone more informed. This will force canidates to get in front of more rural communities than favoring more urban areas. Everyone else is voted in because of the popular vote; Why not the President!? This makes eveyone's voice count instead of them feeling like it doesn't!
JOIN ME IN SIGNING THIS PETITION TO ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!
A recent photo circulating on Facebook shows an effigy of President Obama with a noose around his neck. In the background there is an indication that this racist expression was done onsite of a business reported to be in Orlando Florida.
As citizens of the United States of America, we have been given the right to vote for the President and other offices that are supposed to protect our best interest and us as citizens. Unfortunately, the popular vote does not elect our officials, the Electoral College does. Below is a link explaining the job of the Electoral College.
I believe the popular vote should be what decides the election. Each vote should matter and should be what decides who becomes our President and Vice President. The main reason citizens decide not to vote is because they feel their vote doesn’t matter; and it doesn’t if the Electoral College is what decides it. If the majority of one state votes for Candidate A and the other part vote for Candidate B, no matter what the numbers are, the Electoral College vote goes to Candidate A. Each state has a different set number of E.C. votes.
Please sign my petition for getting rid of the Electoral College and support the popular vote for deciding who the President is in future elections. EVERY VOTE SHOULD COUNT!
Due to the recent events involving Mitt Romney's remarks about Obama supporters and the Republican parties unfair treatment of Ron Paul supporters, we have no confidence in Mitt Romney's chances of winning the 2012 Presidential election.
We feel that these events reflect poorly on Mitt Romney,and any further involvement would only hurt Gary Johnson's chances of victory.
11. Let Lars Lead!
This is a campaign to show support for Dr. Lars Hafner, the current president of the State College of Florida.
A few members of the current board have attempted to remove our president and we need to show that we stand behind Dr. Hafner and all the incredible things he has done for our school.
Skateboarders are woven into the cultural fabric of every urban community in North America. While young, they are stewards of the creative force that adds diversity to our cities.
Skateboarding is an essential option for a huge percentage of today’s youth; nearly a quarter of the 61-million youth in the U.S. skated this year and most of those identify themselves as ―skateboarders.‖
Given skate boarding’s popularity it’s surprising that so many cities have perhaps one skate park, maybe two, to meet the needs of their thousands of youth. While this need remains, the news is filled with rising obesity rates, struggles with urban sprawl, and juvenile delinquency.
Skateboarding is clearly not the sole solution for these community issues, but it’s obviously what millions of kids want to be doing. We can support this healthy, positive activity by making sure that there are enough skate parks (or places to skate), and that they’re designed and built for sustainability and success.
We the people of the United States of America, the land of the free and the home of the brave, are here together as one voice.
We stand together as Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, Liberals, Libertarians, and Freedom Fighters. We come together from all different beliefs, races, and sexes but we all believe in America. We stand together as friends, we stand together as family, and we stand together as a country.
We ask that you not let the voice of the American people die, and that you restore the belief in our people, so that our great nation may inspire the world all over again. We work as firemen, nurses, cab drivers, teachers, cops, cooks, and customer services representatives. We work at schools, restaurants, and hospitals. We work for the city, for the state, and for the country.
It is our understanding that Republican Presidential candidate Congressman Ron Paul has achieved a plurality of delegates in a minimum of five states. We are asking as one voice that you make our republican convention fair by giving Dr. Ron Paul a speaking slot at the convention. The world has taken notice of this election.
Let us not become a joke to them, but rather an example of the integrity of our great nation. Let the convention showcase the two great leaders from our republican side, that one may emerge to contest Barack Obama. Let us showcase to the world, on the greatest of stages, what a republic looks like.
VAZNA OBAVIJEST !
Nakon što smo saznali da su nas četnici željeli prevariti ( a i neki Hrvati )sa datumom skupa u Srbu, želim upoznati javnost da se od danas vrši veliki pritisak na našu organizaciju odlaska na kontra skup u Srb, dana 28. 07. 2012.( subota ). Pokušava se na sve načine minirati i spriječiti naš dolazak na skup u Srb. Stoga pozivam sve branitelje, domoljube i pravaše, SVI NA SKUP U SRB i pokažimo četnicima da je ovo Hrvatska. Skup u Srbu počinje u 11, 00 sati, dana 28. 07. 2012. ZA HRVATSKU SPREMNI !
Predmet : Otvoreno pismo Miloradu Pupovcu; Tražimo da prekinete rehabilitaciju četništva u Republici Hrvatskoj, četničku pobunu i zločin u Srbu i okolici 27. srpnja 1941. godine. Povijesna istina je da u Srbu bilo samo tri žandara i da nije bilo ustaša. Istina je da su vaši četnici ubijali , palili i protjerivali Hrvate sa njihovih ognjišta. Sjetimo se samo Boričevca, zločina hodočasnika Sv. Ani na njihovu povratku kućama iz Kosova kod Knina i Oštrelja kod Bosanskog Petrovca. Napad na Boričevac je zapovjedio četnik Gojko Polovina. Kako je vidljivo komunisti u Hrvatskoj nisu digli ustanak u Srbu niti su imali svojih posebnih aktivnosti u njemu. Prema tome njihovo prisvajanje ustanka u Hrvatskoj je povijesna laž.
Kao saborski zastupnik u Hrvatskom saboru sramite se što organizirate proslavu i veličanje pljačke, nasilja i ubojstva koje su počinili četnici sa svojim vođom Momčilom Đujićem.
Nismo zaboravili da je 25. srpnja 1990. godine u Srbu održan miting na kojemu je četnik i ratni zločinac Vojislav Šešelj pozvao Srbe na balvan revoluciju, protjerivanje i ubijanje Hrvata te se tako ponovila 1941. godina.
Kao pravaši, branitelji i domoljubi Vas upozoravamo da ako ove godine ne prestanete sa veličanjem četnika, da ćemo znati obraniti istinu kao što smo znali obraniti Hrvatsku od Vaših četnika 1991. godine.
STOP VELIČANJU ČETNIKA !
Autohtona – Hrvatska stranka prava
predsjednik, Dražen Keleminec
PROSVJED U SRBU
Hrvatska braćo, pravaši, branitelji i domoljubi pozivamo Vas da i ove godine dođete na kontra skup u Srbu, dana 27. 07. ( petak ) s početkom od 11, 00 sati i spriječimo veličanje četništva od strane Milorada Pupovca u Hrvatskoj.
Okupljanje, 27. 07. 2012. godine do 10, 00 sati u Bruvnu i u koloni u pratnji policije odlazak u Srb. Pozivamo Vas da ponesete Hrvatske barjake.
Pozivamo sve zainteresirane koji se žele uključiti u organizaciju skupa iz drugih gradova i žele ići u Srb da nam se jave na mail - firstname.lastname@example.org, fejs Dražen Keleminec ili 099 827 6510.
Polazak autobusa iz Zagreba u 06, 45 sati sa Mažuranićevog trga.
Bog i Hrvati !
ŠALJI DALJE OVU PORUKU !
AUTOHTONA - HRVATSKA STRANKA PRAVA
Ilica 31, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Mob: 099 827 65 10 E-mail: email@example.com
Each fall, Christian Embassy Church (CEC) in Black Jack, Missouri hosts an annual community fundraiser for a nationally recognized charity organization suitably named Harvest Fest. In years past, CEC has raised funds for United Service Organizations (USO), American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association just to name a few.
The monies raised total into the thousands. This year's charity recipient is a local non-profit organization, Buid A Body Kid's Fitness, Inc.. As many people know, the child obesity epidemic in America is at an increasingly staggering level and its correction is a major focus of our First Lady, Michelle Obama.
In an effort to attract Mrs. Obama's recognition of our support towards the elimination of this nationwide problem and to invite her to Harvest Fest, we are asking for your signature which will be sent to The White House for review.
December 1st, 2011, the US Senate accomplished the unthinkable–with the nearly unanimous passage of the National Defense Authorization Bill of 2012–THEY COMMITTED TREASON.
Crafted in secret by the Senate Armed Services Committee, the newly minted NDAA contains three sections which collectively sanctions INDEFINITE DETENTION of alleged terrorists or ‘terrorist sympathizers’–ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD INCLUDING THE USA– AND DESIGNATES the military the duty to arrest, imprison and ‘GITMO-IZE’ the accused civilians here on Main Street. Ironically, the abuse of civilian Iraqis by our military and by military contractors (read MERCENARIES) is coming to a locale near you. Theoretically, armed squads of US soldiers might be knocking on your door in the dead of night to take away Auntie Mame for her alleged ‘terrorist’ activities—at the ACLU. This bill potentially allows for the blatant political prosecutions of any dissenter using the military as a bully club to instill deep fear in any who dare to question our government’s motives.
No proof of wrongdoing is required and those accused are denied the due process right of trial by their peers, or the services of an attorney– and are subsequently relegated to the ‘military commissions justice system.’ As a result–the accused are reduced to the status of ‘unlawful enemy combatant,’ and are subject to the following actions: ‘extroardinary rendition’ (read KIDNAPPING), ‘enhanced interrogation’ procedures (read TORTURE), ‘indefinite detention (read prison life sentence), and ‘presidential assigned extermination of target’ (read MURDER BY PRESIDENTIAL ORDER). These powers are then ‘given’ to the President to use at will, fully codified in law, erasing any legal doubts while requiring in reality no proof other than presidential whim.
It is at this juncture that I find the timing of this bill suspicious–coinciding with the exponential growth of the Occupy Wall Street Movement, the recent growing implosion of both EU and US economies, the emerging body of proof clearly documenting Wall Street’s enormous crimes, and the Super Committee threat to cut military funding. It almost looks like the robber barons of Wall Street ‘circling the wagons’ in a fit of legislative revenge against the rabble, namely you and I.
History of NDAA 2012 Sections 1031, 1032, and 1033-35…another AUMF
This bill was allegedly co- written by the powerful Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee Senator Carl Levin (D) and the Senate Minority Leader John McCain, with Senator Lindsey Graham assigning himself as main cheerleader. The deliberations were kept secret and any debate was forbidden. Crafted under the auspices of keeping our nation ‘safe from terrorism’—the entire world INCLUDING the US is now classified as a battlefield with indefinite timelines. Anyone broaching the question of due process rights is shouted down as ‘soft on terrorism’—mainly by Senator Graham. In fact, here is an example of how Senator Graham views the issues of due process rights:
…”If you’re an American citizen and you betray your country, you’re going to be questioned about what you know,” …”and you’re not going to be given a lawyer IF OUR NATIONAL SECURITY INTERESTS dictate that you not be given a lawyer and go into the criminal justice system, because ‘WE’RE NOT FIGHTING CRIME, WE’RE FIGHTING A WAR.” (Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/195903-effort-to-ease-detainee-language-faces-harsh-bipartisan-opposition-in-Senate)
What should have been an ordinary defense appropriations bill morphed into a ‘get out of jail free’ card for this president and any others, after arbitrarily rendering previously constitutionally protected dissent into a war crime. The NDAA or S. 1867 allows any president the right to sentence ANYONE–INCLUDING US CITIZENS TO ‘indefinite detention’ (read life imprisonment) in a military prison. Those sentenced under this new ‘law’ are sentenced without a trial or the aid of an attorney. They have no due process rights other than what the ‘military justice’ system allows any other ‘unlawful enemy combatant. Bluntly put—even American citizens accused—but not tried and found guilty—can be sent to Guantanamo.
Confronted with this possibility by Tea Party Senator Rand Paul—Senator McCain gave a casual answer.
Senator Rand Paul: “My question would be under the provisions would it be possible that an American citizen then could be declared an enemy combatant and sent to Guantanamo Bay and detained indefinitely.”
Senator John McCain: “I think that as long as that individual, no matter who they are, if they pose a threat to the security of the United States of America, should not be allowed to continue that threat.”
(Source : http://www.progressive.org/mccain_says_american_citizens_can_be_sent_to_guantanamo.html)
This development would have remained secret–except for the whistleblowing of the ACLU earlier in the week right before Thanksgiving. Again, the silence coming from the US Senate Armed Services Committee, chaired by democratic Senator Carl Levin and assisted by Senate Minority Leader Senator John McCain and Sen. Lindsey Graham, was deafening.
Sections 1031, 1032 and 1033-35….
What has been referred to in a mundane legalese style as ‘Section 1031′ is a renewal of the 2001 AUMF or the Authorization to Use Military Force AMENDED with sneaky, ill defined expansion of the original language: ie. allowing military force and MILITARY DETENTION against previously identified perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, the countries allegedly harboring them AND ANYONE WHO “SUBSTANTIALLY SUPPORTS” Al Qaeda, the Taliban or…”ASSOCIATED FORCES.” The magic words which define this Orwellian doublespeak legalese are the phrases: ‘substantially supports’ and ‘associated forces.’
Nowhere in this herculean piece of legislation do we find any concrete criterion clearly establishing the definition of …’substantial support’ or ‘associated forces.’ The fact that this bill was written by Carl Levin, an acknowleged civil rights attorney, with language so vague, constitutes what can only be described as premeditated fraud–and serves as poignant testimony to the cowardly and treasonous nature of the US Senate in 2011. It is ironic that the majority of senators are attorneys who would never sign on to the flimsy and vague criterion they have imposed on everyone else.
Section 1033-35 forces new restrictions on the government’s ‘right’ to transfer ‘detainees’ out of Gitmo to another site.
Section 1032 is the most vile change of all–it MANDATES that every person accused of ‘terrorism’ or ‘terrorist sympathies’ or substantially supports’ ‘associated forces’ will be INDEFINITELY IMPRISONED BY THE MILITARY as opposed to the civilian criminal justice system. So, it appears that Bradley Manning during his Gitmo days would have had plenty of civilian room mates compliments of the US Senate. All of this power will now be concentrated in the president’s hands.
The Semantic Trap of NDAA….
Now Senator Levin’s office has vehemently denied that American citizens would be included in these new provisions regarding military detention, explaining that …”Section 1032 does not mandate military custody and it does not tie the Administration’s hands, because it includes a national security waiver which expressly allows any suspect to be held in civilian custody. Nothing would be automatic: the Administration would have the discretion to waive military detention and hold a detainee in civilian custody if it decided to do so.”
(Source : http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/speeches/speech/senate-floor-speech-on-the-detainee-provision-
Senator Levin’s reassurances are not only disingenuous–they are patently absurd as constitutional scholar Glenn Greenwald points out. Greenwald states that
…”The Levin-McCain bill would require that all accused terrorists be held in military detention and not be charged in a civilian court–including those apprehended on US soil–with two caveats: (1) it exempts US citizens and legal residents from this mandate, for whom military detention would still be OPTIONAL (ie. , IN THE DISCRETION OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH), and (2) it allows the Executive Branch to issue a waiver if it wants to charge an accused terrorist in the civilian system.”
‘Like many dirty deals—the ‘devil is in the details. Notice how the President would still have the prerogative to place American citizens in military detention—IT DOES NOT FORBID THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN CITIZENS INTO MILITARY DETENTION. I repeat—the vague alleged ‘protections’ Sen. Levin claims DO NOT FORBID THE ARBITRARY PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN CITIZENS INTO MILITARY DETENTION–SO WHERE IS THE PROTECTION? The quote of Sen. Levin’s defense was taken from a speech referenced by his press secretary Tara Landringa.
The entire US Senate voted to retain these unconstitutional and amoral provisions which allow for a military/presidential dictatorship. Only seven senators voted against this bill, namely Senators Coburn, Harkin, Lee, Merkley, Paul, Sanders and Wyden. These seven senators are to be thanked–with the rest of the senate impeached and criminally prosecuted for Treason.
Obama administration weighs in….
President Obama has been threatening a veto of this bill—BUT ONLY SINCE THE STORY LEAKED OUT. He has not vetoed the Bill.
military policing our civilian communities. Where is the ‘constitutional scholar’ Obama claimed to be? Not once has he denounced the illegitimacy of the entire enterprise.
Little does the public know that this entire heinous circle began with a companion bill in the House of Representatives this past May, namely HR 1540, sponsored by Congressman Howard McKeon, a close personal friend of Speaker Boehner’s. The House version of the NDAA was actually the initial volley into codifying presidentially ordered indefinite war, minus any expiration date via the subterfuge of a ‘Sleeper Provision’.
Section 1034 of HR 1540—granting presidential power to wage indefinite war…
Section 1034 of the House National Defense Authority bill is that very ‘sleeper provision,’ granting ANY PRESIDENT THE RIGHT TO WAGE INDEFINITE WAR. The wording is intentionally vague which allows great latitude in interpretation. Here is the sentence in question from Section 1034:
…”The Authorization for Use of Military Force necessarily includes the authority to address the continuing and evolving threat posed by these groups.”
The groups included in this ‘sleeper’ provision are, namely Al Qaeda, the Taliban and a nondescript listing labeled “associated forces.” This language can host legal loopholes wide enough to drive an 18 wheeler through. “Associated forces” could mean anyone—there is no criterion established to prove or disprove the President’s word. Furthermore, this President and any future presidents can and will hide behind the mantra of ‘classified information’ and ‘national security.’ The terms ‘continuing ‘ and ‘evolving threat’ also fit neatly into the legal realm of a dictator answerable to no one. A ‘continuing’ and ‘evolving threat’ presents no timeline, no expiration dates. Section 1034 grants any president a blank check to wage indefinite war against anyone, anwhere, at any time. The ACLU spoke out against Section 1034 back in May of 2011 when it was still in committee. Here is the ACLU legal team’s opinion on the dangers posed by Section 1034:
…”Unlike previous grants of authority for the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, the proposed legislation would allow a president to use military force whenever terrorism SUSPECTS are present in the world, regardless of whether there has been any harm to US citizens, or any attack on the United States, or any imminent threat of an attack. The legislation is broad enough to permit a president to USE MILITARY FORCE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AND AGAINST AMERICAN CITIZENS. The legislation contains no expiration date, and no criteria to determine when a president’s authority to use military force would end.”
To President Obama’s credit, the ACLU explained in May that his administration did not seek this power. The Obama administration made it clear that the tools to fight ‘terrorism’ were adequate as stated in the PREVIOUS AUMF (Authorization to Use Military Force).
Section 1034 accomplishes one additional goal—it guarantees the continuous need for military arms and ‘associated supplies’ through the doctrine of endless war. No Super Committee cuts to arms manufacturers here—a president ‘friendly’ to the needs of corporations like Raytheon, Boeing, Blackwater (now called Xe), Halliburton, etc…will insure a constant flow of military contractor contracts, while Granny eats catfood and little Johnny works as an ‘assistant janitor.’
Once again, there is no public denouncement of this bill—whether the Senate or House version–no major media figures have brought this critical attack on democracy itself to the public. We finally hear about ‘Occupy Wall Street’ but no one outside of the alternative media has mentioned this developing story.
The one point all of these ‘honorable’ legislators fail to comprehend is the simple fact that WE SHOULDN’T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION AT ALL. The justification of ‘indefinite detention’ for those merely accused but not tried in a legitimate court of law–is beyond obscenity. The use of our own military against our citizens to police and force compliance in a presidential/military dictatorship, complete with powers to wage endless war—is nothing short of a military/political coup—an act of treason. In short, the US Senate and the House of Representatives—are in the process of establishing a military dictatorship. Any senators or congressman supporting this or merely remaining silent are as guilty as Levin, McCain, Graham and McKeon. As Dr. King explained, there comes a time when silence equals betrayal.
European law which granted similar powers…
Senators Graham, Levin, McCain and Congressman McKeon–along with the US Senate and House of
Representatives are in ‘good company’with other alleged ‘republics’—mandating the suspension of civil liberties in the name of national security. In part of what is now called the EU– another law advocating indefinite detention of alleged terrorists while simultaneously nullifying a person’s civil rights to a trial was similarly defended. Corporate manufacturers of military armaments and military supplies used this law to guarantee continued profits through a similar use of continued war.
The name of the law was ‘The Notverordnung zum Schutz von Volk und Staat (Decree For the Protection of People and State). The principle architect of this law was Reich President von Hindenburg– under the dictate of Adolf Hitler. (Source: http://holocaustmusic.org/places/camps/music-early-camps/)
Thank You: By: jeanine4truth Monday December 5, 2011 10:02 pm
Where as our congress persons and/or government representatives have voted themselves raises, insurance benefits and retirement benefits that are not consistent with the average American citizen.
Where as our congress persons and/or government representatives are not representing the average American citizen but have apparently sold themselves to the highest bidder.
I am a middle-class English professor who wants to give voters an opportunity to vote for a regular guy who comes from their ranks and who genuinely cares for them.
I am an independent who truly loves the American people. Let's build The Great Society together.
President Obama is scheduled to visit the Brent Spence Bridge on I-71/I-75 which links Kentucky with Ohio in Cincinnati to spotlight the need for increased investment in America's infrastructure.
Please join me in petitioning the president to extend his visit to Louisville, KY which is suffering immense economic losses due to the closure of the Sherman Minton Bridge on I-64 which links Indiana and Kentucky.
- There is an employment crisis because of a lack of decent stable jobs.
- There is a moral crisis because the rich and well connected want the rest of us to pay for their irresponsible speculation, fraud and greed.
- There is a crisis of democracybecause our political system is dominated by people with money rather than people with good ideas.
- We've made our sacrifices. . . . We sacrificed our jobs, standard of living, health care, children's education, retirement security, the environment and the precious lives of our loved ones in wars.
Let those who caused the crisis now make their sacrifices!
Hillary Clinton has a track record that far outshines that of the current president. We admire her because, unlike Obama, she expresses an opinion on policy and then sticks to it. She would not compromise on the most important issues, and possesses the backbone to turn her ideas into reality.
We feel that her position in the Obama administration may deter her from a 2012 presidential run, but we want her to know that she has many supporters. There are many of us who desperately want her to run.
We are convinced in her ability to win the democratic presidential nomination, and the Presidency.
We are declaring a moral separation from the current ruling administration and the policies it is currently enacting which is diminishing our liberties.
Moral Declaration simply means:
- Declaring our willingness and our ability to no longer support the current administrations decisions.
- Asserting our stance under ‘Redress of Grievances’.
- Affirming that in good faith and trust-
- We are done giving them moral support!
• We are presenting the new Moral Declaration of Independence with grievances in accordance with the United States Constitution and current U.S. Code of Law.
• We openly recognize that we have shared the intent and the spirit of the original Declaration of Independence.
• The original document was a declaration of war; however, at this time that is not the direction that America can withstand.
• Its strength and spirit is as viable today as when first written. (We intentionally utilized much of the original writings.)
• This document, as a petition with signatures will be taken to and registered in Washington D.C.
The cornerstone of our constitutional Republic has been the Declaration of Independence. The men who founded this great nation knew that those who rule must be of the character that recognizes that we will all stand before the God of heaven and be held accountable. These founders also knew that the ruling class often forgets this fact. We have been given the right to reset to the original intent of this founding document.
Now is the time… for all patriotic citizens to stand up and be counted.
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord” (Psalm 33:12).
The Egyptian and the Tunisian revolutions have given an insight and a motivation for the young Yemeni people to find their way to overthrow the regime that managed to isolate its population from the rest of the world leaving the country behind with sever developmental challenges.
The Yemeni sluggish economy is still drowning in its debts under the justification of the war on terror. Huge loans were misused for the favor of a corrupt government ignoring the country's low level of human development.
For more than ninty days, a combination of young, old, educated and illiterate Yemenis from all over the country have been protesting to bring down the dictatorship ruled by President Saleh, the first and the only president of the Republic of Yemen. Saleh argues that the unified Republic is his own accomplishment and replacing him is certain risk to this unification.
Throughout his speeches, Saleh has been trying to increase the hatred among the Yemeni population to serve his own interest and to gain longer time to drain the determination of the protesters. He has manipulated few to demonstrate for him by paying them from unknown questionable sources.
Although there wern't many deaths during the 9-11 attack can you really put a number on it? Injuries were created and the smoke inhaled caused many breathing problems. I know from personal experience because a close family friend had these problems.
Lives were still lost no matter how many. I believe the September 11th attack should be marked as a holiday. There isn't really a strong reason to get it off paid for workers or to get it off of school but atleast mark it as a honor type holiday. Hey, if some shadow spotting groundhog marks his space on our calender should'nt September 11th?
Allen West is a man of unusual honesty, integrity, intelligence, education, common sense and sound judgment.
Allen West is a man of profoundly Judeo-Christian values. He is strongly pro-life. He is strongly pro-Israel. He correctly understands Islam and the threat it poses to America.
He is beholden to no special interest group. He would carry out the duties of his office in the best interests of America.
In the United States, the average minimum wage (remember, there are different minimum wages for every state) is $7.45 per hour. That means that an average worker earning minimum wage would earn $15,496 per year.
In my opinion, that is a tiny amount for their use because they would have to spend alot on regular expenses like food and bills. Minimum wages need to be raised and you can help raise them now by signing this petition.
After the 2010 Ivory Coast election, Alassane Outtara was declared the winner, but incumbent Laurent Gbagbo refused to step down. There has been much violence in the Ivory Coast since the election, and many people have been killed.
Please help stop the 2010-2011 Ivory Coast political crisis by signing this petition.
Our Founding Fathers were men of prayer, moral persons, and strong in faith. They trusted in The True God Creator of Heaven and Earth to govern this land that is so openly gone backwards.
The time is Now ! for the Body of Christ to raise up and take back what is rightfully OURS!
Sir Terris is unsatisfactory as our RP Club President because...
Oppressing our right to speak
Deleting RPs that are still in use
Ignoring our questions
Won the election using dishonest methods
Does not roleplay, so he has no place being our President.
The media has reported incidents of racism at TEA Party rallies. Though unsubstantiated in many cases, there is some evidence of this. The goal of this petition is to condemn any sign of racism at any TEA Party event or Town Hall meetings around the country.
By signing this petition, you pledge to condemn racism in politics at every level. The petition signatures will be forwarded to the media, in hopes that they will report this effort.