|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - politics
Please sign our petition to support the establishment of a new future Social Capitalism Party in Ukraine. This is initially a youth movement intended in changing the future of the country for a positive and prosperous, happy life for all citizens, residents, and visitors.
Fundamentals of our manifesto:
1. Abolish Parliament as long as leases of land to other countries exist. The President can make all the decisions on behalf of citizens.
2. Hold referendums on all key decisions to be determined by the popular vote of citizens.
3. Eliminate all corporate profit tax and VAT.
4. Open boarders for free trade. Eliminate customs and import taxes.
5. Increase minimum wage by 4 times in 4 years.
6. Raise pensions to equal amount of minimum wage.
7. Convert abandon buildings into prisons for corrupt individuals and extremists. Implement anti-corruption hot-line and public TV program.
8. Run the government like a business aimed at ensuring all citizens have a share in the "profit"/tax returns.
9. Test all doctors and teachers/professors to ensure they are qualified by international 3rd parties.
10. Invest to ensure school and health care is free as it should be in real practice. Fix what is broken to keep corruption out.
11. Sell land to whomever wants to pay for it at a fair price.
12. Regulate housing costs so the average Ukrainian can afford to buy a home.
13. Implement free trade policy with the world to the envy of every other developing country.
14. Avoid EU, American and Russian alliances that influence our new principles to avoid conflict of interest.
15. Keep Ukrainian as the national official language...this is Ukraine. Allow everyone to speak whatever they choose.
16. Develop "Las Vegas" of Europe somewhere if agreed.
17. Develop American-style amusement park to rival Disney World.
18. Say no to NATO, we are not looking for any wars with anyone by being neutral.
19. Initiate "cultural change" program to motivate citizens to their full potential.
20. Support after school programs such as sports, music, art, etc.
The Daily Telegraph has repeatedly run stories about MPs' expenses which combine to create an overall impression that MPs generally are crooks and liars.
While there have been a number of appalling examples of expense mis-claims, the tone, nature and relentless character of the Telegraph's reporting leading to a corrosive poisoning of our political atmosphere which is unjustifiable and unacceptable.
On May 11th 2010 the Independent Reporter, employed by the Scottish Government, overturned the decision made by the Officially elected Highland Councillors and gave the go ahead to CPC Highland Ltd to build the Incinerator in Invergordon.
This decision flys in the face of democracy and is an Environmental and Social injustice.
For ages now in order to have the chance to be voted for, they've had to pay for it, so it means that certain parties people might want to vote for wont be on the list as they haven't got enough money to get on it.
So it means that society is NOT democratic as you cant vote for whoever you want.
We want the right to vote in the primaries for City Council, Mayor, Public Advocate and Comptroller. We want to participate in deciding what candidates what candidates will be on the ballot in November. We should not have to join a political party in order to exercise our democratic rights.
o 897,180 voters in our city are not registered in either the Democratic or Republican parties.
o 751,442 of us are unaffiliated with any political party
o 25% of those unaffiliated voters are under the age of 30.
o 20% of us are African American
o 24% of us are Latino
o 11% of are Asian American
Non partisan elections allows all candidates to appear on the same ballot in the first round of voting and allows all registered voters to vote in that round. The top two vote getters would then appear on the November ballot. This type of system is employed in most major municipalities throughout our country and it is time for New York City to catch up.
Dear David Cameron,
Further to your election as our Prime Minister and your invitation to the British public to offer our energy, ideas and passion, we have put our names down on this petition to show our support for the Human Rights Act. We sincerely hope you will take note of this petition and understand that we have considered the Conservatives' reasons for replacing the Act with a Bill of Rights and Responsibilities. In light of all the arguments and evidence, we strongly believe that the Human Rights Act is one of the most precious and important pieces of UK legislation and we feel passionate about protecting it. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it was instigated by the great Conservative Prime Minister, Winston Churchill.
This is not a political stance specific petition; we voted for a range of parties in the recent election, however we are appealing to you, as you negotiate our country's future, to assure us that you will not repeal this Act.
Our reasons for this are as follows:
1) Human rights are important words to us and human rights law is vital. It has evolved over many years to protect citizens from their state and to allow everybody to enjoy rights that they deserve, simply by their nature of being human. The Human Rights Act is simple and gives every person in the UK the following rights:
1) the right to life
2) freedom from torture and degrading treatment
3) freedom from slavery and forced labour
4) the right to liberty
5) the right to a fair trial
6) the right not to be punished for something that wasn't a crime when you did it
7) the right to respect for private and family life
8) freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and freedom to express your beliefs
9) freedom of expression
10) freedom of assembly and association
11) the right to marry and to start a family
12) the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms
13) the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property
14) the right to an education
15) the right to participate in free elections
16) the right not to be subjected to the death penalty
There are absolutely no articles in the Act that we, as members of the public, would not want to be fully protected by. We can see no reason for taking any of these rights away.
2) The Human Rights Act has been hugely misunderstood and misinterpreted. Many of the more ‘ridiculous’ law suits brought under the name of the act have been dismissed. It does not allow criminals to get whatever they want, in fact it actually makes it a legal requirement that the public is protected from dangers to society. Just one example of the benefits of the act is its use in keeping an elderly married couple in long-term care together. Although in an ideal world this should have been avoided by common sense or compassion, the fact is that law is clearly needed to prevent unpleasant situation like this occurring. Secondly, the Act does not, as it sometimes suggested, mean that threats to our nation’s security cannot be dealt with. The Act requires courts to balance public safety against individual rights and, if necessary, a person at risk of harming our country can certainly have their liberty deprived.
3) Far from, as the Conservatives have suggested, the Human Rights Act devaluing the words ‘human rights’, the Act actually strengthens them. The Conservatives have shown a great deal of interest in foreign policy and human rights abroad, but if we do not respect human rights at home we do not set a good example. For example, Guantanamo Bay has severely damaged the reputation of the USA. The USA put a lot of pressure on in the international community to respect human rights, yet did not themselves. This has tainted the concept of human rights negatively and has given countries who abuse human rights leverage to argue against changing their abusive practice. The UK should be an excellent example to the international community of a country that has the utmost respect for human rights. Removing the words ‘human rights’ from our laws would be a terrible signal of our lack of promotion of the concept within our own borders.
4) We welcome the promotion of more responsibility within society and are happy to lend a great deal of support to making this ideal a reality. The Human Rights Act is not the place for this however. There are many pieces of law that outline out responsibilities towards each other; the Act is the place to outline the state’s responsibilities towards us. It is therefore illogical to replace the Human Rights Act with a Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
5) The Conservatives are unhappy with judges having power to advise Parliament, as the Act has allowed. We contest the idea that judges should not have a say in politics. They are exceptionally bright, informed members of society who would have had to demonstrate nuanced understanding and careful, responsible judgement before gaining such a position of authority. They will have a niche understanding of human rights that politicians cannot have because of the breadth of their mandates, and it is not wrong that they should not be consulted for their opinions. We note that, contrary to popular understanding, the Act does not give judges power to decide laws; MPs always have the last say on the laws Parliament produces.
6) It concerns us that a piece of legislation should only be designed to protect the British. For example, the issues of migration and asylum seeking have become confused, and there is often a lack of understanding that asylum seekers, who have suffered unimaginably and may face torture or even murder if they return to the country of origin, are different to economic migrants. We do not want our country to remove the piece of law that guarantees minorities such as asylum seekers the dignity they desperately deserve.
7) The Human Rights Act has not been imposed by Europe. The European Convention of Human Rights (upon which the Human Rights Act is based) was designed by European countries after World War II and has nothing to do with the EU. The Human Rights Act therefore actually allows human rights issues to be dealt with domestically rather than going all the way to courts in Strasbourg.
New even harsher plans have been proposed for the Employment and Support Allowance in the UK. These will cause considerably more hardship for already vulnerable and disabled claimants. For more details go to http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk.
We successfully fought to stop the termination of the Disability Living Allowance and we can also fight to stop these new ESA proposals. This petition is part of the campaign to prevent these new proposals from passing into law.
On Wed June 3rd, 2009, the Toronto Star published an article entitled “’Detox’ Takes Care of Radicals” by Isabel Teotonio.
The article was a brief exposition of the new “ideological detox” program created by Toronto’s Sheikh Ahmed Amiruddin of the Al Sunnah Institute. This program was designed to “heal Muslim youth who are showing signs of extremist behavior”. Composed of twelve steps, “ideological detox” is supposed to help Muslim youth steer away from a path of “Islamic extremism”. As a program that purports to utilize theological clarity and positive spirituality, Amiruddin’s “ideological detox” assumes that “Islamic extremism” is a spiritual illness that stems from theological and psychological misguidance.
Unfortunately, Teotonio’s article does not deal with two important blind-spots of this proposed “ideological detox” program:
(1) As numerous academics have studied, noted, and concluded (Robert Pape of the University of Chicago chief among them, see: Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism; NY: Random House Inc, 2006), “religious/ideological extremism”, or the resorting to violence by certain individuals, is a specific product stemming from the frustrations caused primarily by political upheavals. The chaotic suffering induced by military occupations and wars are chiefly responsible for the recruitment of individuals into organizations such as, say, al-Qaeda. The article does not note this well-established argument.
(2) This proposed program would work by having concerned individuals “red-flag” those within their community that exhibit “signs of extremism”. This procedure refers to an extremely vague methodology of identifying danger. Effectively, individuals will be “red-flagged” not for their deeds, but for expressing their thoughts. One can easily see how such a suggestion may prove intrusive upon the rights to free speech and expression that are so sacred to Canadian democracy. It is in fact an explicit replica of the Red Scare days of the 1950s, where McCarthyism indicted those who “appeared to exhibit signs of supporting communists”. Teotonio’s article does not probe critically into the implications of Amiruddin’s program. If picked up as a governing policy of sorts, this program can evolve into a damaging element within our democracy. The Canadian intelligence service CSIS has already shown interest in such a program, also espoused by Toronto-based Sheikh Mohammed Shaikh, and his respective organizations.
As one of Canada’s leading newspapers, the Toronto Star is responsible for informing the Canadian public on pertinent issues that may affect the well-being of our national security and democracy. In order to successfully excel in its responsibility as a vital cornerstone of Canadian democracy, the Toronto Star should consider critically probing the idea of endorsing a program of “ideological detox”.
Lately U.S. congressmen and women have been resorting to juvenile tactics such as name calling, interrupting speeches by their colleagues and shouting at other politicians.
They are disrespecting each other as well as the American people with their actions.
The single biggest crisis facing the planet today is POPULATION GROWTH. The world's population took 1960 years to reach 3.2 billion, it took a further 50 years to double to 6 .4 billion and is expected to grow another 3 billion in the next 40 years and then we are at a point of no return.
Australia has this ridiculous policy of increasing its population size to over 40 million people over the next 40 years. I am not sure who is advising government but experts will tell you this is crazy in a country that struggles for fertile land and water. Go to any bulletin board and see the masses of people discussing how to get into Australia, we have the single biggest growth in population figures in the world through immigration.
Visit the following websites to try and gain a perspective of the problem. The skilled migration programme is a rort and is allowing hundreds of thousands to gain permanent residency even though they have no skills, another government programme gone wrong.....
The South Australian labour party have sunk to new lows by falsely imitating Family First at various polling booths at the recent state election, in marginal seats.
This petition seeks for a by-election to be conducted within those area's where this tactic was used, to determine the impact and the formation of a true community watchdog to oversee our government.
102. Fire Congress
It is a rare citizen who knows who their Congressman is, let alone keep track of how their representative votes. It's time to get their attention, fire 185 congressmen permanently, and demand responsive government for the benefit of the people.
Congress has simply lost touch with it's citizenry, their hopes, their dreams. Congress must learn to live within the means of its people. Simply passing debt on to future generations is unacceptable.
The United States Congress is out of touch with it's citizenry;
435 congressmen is too many for the people to track their votes, actions, character, and motivations;
Current apportionment practices will continue to escalate the number of house seats;
250 is a more appropriate total number of congressmen to hold accountable;
Additional Information can be found at:
In 2009 Faroese Prime Minister, Kaj Leo Johannesen made a videotaped statement promising a referendum on the subject of Faroese independence, in case of 50.000 signatures. He did not specify where said signature should come from.
While we are realistic about the prospect of being granted such a referendum by the current government, we have nontheless decided to make an attempt to gather the number of signatures required.
Florida's Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) Program was approved in 2002 by voters, it began in 2005 and has served our children well by preparing them for school, it also helps the parents of these 4 year olds by allowing them to enter the workforce or to go to school.
It has created jobs and helped the economy. Now the Florida Legislature wants to slash funding for the program and increase the class sizes. This will hurt our children's education and go against the wishes of Florida's voters. Let's protect our children and their education.
STOP THE GAG - Do whats right !
The BBC have decided that the First Minister Alex Salmond is not going to be allowed to take part in this years Leaders' debate.
It is a part of UK democracy to allow every elected leader of an officially elected political party to engage in all manner of debates.
Not to allow this is against everything we are supposed to stand for as a nation.
This petition is not affiliated to any party political, it is purely from the people demanding what is democratically right.
STOP THE GAG !!!! Sign Now
President Obama has put a budget freeze on new domestic spending while allowing the military budget to increase. Of the total outlays of federal funds, the military receives 57%. The United States accounts for 47% of the world’s total military spending. Is the US military regime making us, citizens of the world, safer? Or is it causing us to be more insecure, poverty stricken, and morally and financially bankrupt? Is such a military budget helping us to build a peaceful world that has a cocreative stewardship with nature?
Engaging in war fronts abroad and watching the collapse of the infrastructure of civilization at home, the answer is clearly no. The permanent war economy is not the way to manifest peaceful ecological cities where people can pursue individual and collective happiness.
The world’s people are crying out for a new urban structure in which to feel ownership and belongingness. In horror, we have watched on television whole cities wiped out because of wars, natural disasters, and extreme weather. Fallujah, Iraq, New Orleans, USA, Sichuan Province, China, Bogale, Burma, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, have witnessed their citizens become homeless before our eyes. Al Gore predicts we will be faced with 100,000 million refuges as the seas rise because of global warming. Our present cities account for up to 75% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. Since 60% of the world’s people live in unsustainable cities, our task is to reinvent cities with solar energy by building ecopolis.
The People’s Initiative to Build Ecopolis is an inner peace and world peace political campaign to implement a holistic paradigm shift necessary for our further cultural evolution. Our mission is to create an architectural template which allows a new civilization type to take form. It is a people’s movement to build a container where a low-stress, cooperative, plant-based diet, Earth loving lifestyle can take root. Labor forces around the world turn green by constructing ecopolis—a global urban infrastructure-- that uses 21st Century communication and robotic technologies to assemble an empathic, post-carbon, car-free global culture.
It is imperative that we begin moving out of the fossil fuel and patriarchal civilization into ecopolis that embraces the sacred feminine within our beloved Earth matrix, NOW. To be free, we must release ourselves from the old structures of alienation, exploitation and domination hierarchies that has fashioned the world of the skyscraper and the suburb, the mansion and the slum.
Global communication networks have now connected billions of people together. Could it be that it has reached critical mass so that this planetary transformation of building sustainable human habitat for everyone is possible? Can we perceive that we are meant to use these networks to cause our great exodus out of decaying 20th Century cities and into 21st Century ecopolis?
Creating an alternative future is up to us. We invite you to participate in building the People’s Initiative to Build Ecopolis party. The politics of building ecopolis can not be found in traditional political structures because ecopolis is founded on the principle of whole-systems design. Ecopolis is the manifestation of biospheric politics found when each of us activates self-love and takes responsibility for actualizing their unique gifts necessary for building ecopolis. This common possibility needs to work as a wildfire throughout our social network technologies. Organizing the superpower of the people to build ecopolis makes another world possible!
The Conservative Party - including David Cameron - has repeatedly refused to reveal the tax status of its deputy chairman, Lord Ashrcoft, who has funded the party for almost three decades.
This has continued even after Lord Ashcroft promised to return to the UK from his home in Belize and pay UK income tax by the end of 2000, when he was made a peer.
David Cameron has said that, if elected, the Conservatives will "create a right of initiative nationally, where any petition that collects 100,000 signatures will be eligible to be formally debated in the House of Commons. Any petition with a million signatures will allow members of the public to table a Bill that could end up being debated and voted on by MPs."
So Mr Cameron has provided us with his definition of significance; that sounds like a challenge.
Our children's children's children will be born in debt.
The public debt has increased by over $500 billion each year since fiscal year (FY) 2003, with increases of $1 trillion in FY2008, $1.9 trillion in FY2009, and $1.7 trillion in FY2010. As of October 22, 2011, the gross debt was $14.94 trillion, of which $10.20 trillion was held by the public and $4.74 trillion was intragovernmental holdings. The annual gross domestic product (GDP) to the end of June 2011 was $15.003 trillion (July 29, 2011 estimate), with total public debt outstanding at a ratio of 99.6% of GDP, and debt held by the public at 68% of GDP.
In the United States, there continues to be disagreement between Democrats and Republicans regarding the United States debt. On August 2, 2011, President Barack Obama signed into law the Budget Control Act of 2011, averting a possible financial default. During June 2011, the Congressional Budget Office called for "...large and rapid policy changes to put the nation on a sustainable fiscal course."
While the amount the U.S. owes topped the $15 trillion in November 2011 the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction still has no agreement to stem automatic cuts to the budget.
Petition for true Democracy in the UK
The City of Dieppe, New Brunswick has proposed a “Quebec Style” Commercial Signage Bylaw that all commercial signage must be in “ FRENCH ONLY “ or Bilingual while banning English only signage with fines for non compliance.
English and French are both the Official languages in Canada and both Language have Equal Rights and Privileges.
This is clearly DISCRIMINATION against the English language and against our Canadian Constitutional Rights to freedom of expression.
Lawsuit awards have gotten entirely out of control. To award anyone an amount that is several times more than their earning potential in a lifetime has become very costly to the American public. Awarding 3 million dollars fro spilled coffee, 300 million because someone chose to smoke, and various other unrealistic awards, cost all of us money. How many more hamburgers would McDonald's have to sell to make up for 3 million dollars? Can they make it up by selling more hamburgers, or would they have more success by raising the price? An insurance company gets ordered to pay 200 million dollars.
Who pays for that 200 million? WE DO! Rates go up, we pay more per month, include that amount in 10 other companies raising prices to cover losses and our paychecks now go only half as far as they did last month. It amazes me how many people think, "they have insurance, it won't hurt them." The actual truth is, YES it does hurt. It hurts us, the consumer, with higher prices that we must pay so that the insurance company can afford to pay these awards.
Often our politicians put forward motion or act in ways that are not representative of the majorities interest.
As we now have advanced technologies such as the internet their is no reason why our politicians cannot more accurately represent the wish of the majority of thier constituents instead of acting on matters loudly extolled by the loud minorities.
احزاب المعارضة تعمل على الدعوة الى عزل واقصاء حزب المؤتمر الوطنى من المشاركة السياسية فى المستقبل
The President wants to sign away our Constitutional freedoms by signing a sovereignty bill, and has broken his Oath of Office to protect those very freedoms. Help us end this approaching tyranny.
And it is because of this act that we, the undersigned, shall seek impeachment upon our President of the United States.
On November 4, 2008, we the American people elected Barack Obama as president based on his campaign theme of “Change We Can Believe In.” His campaign was targeted at common people who wanted a real voice in the governing of our nation, which was supported by the national media via outlets such as CNN’s “Impact Your World” among others.
However, more than eight months since President Obama’s inauguration, many of us have still not had an opportunity to be heard despite our numerous attempts. We have used outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and have contacted the media in efforts to make our voices heard and to make a difference in our lives and our nation. Yet the media has been selective in who is heard and who is not: their unwritten policy is that if you are not rich or famous, you have no right to be heard, to make a difference, or to exist.
When someone who is rich and famous, such as a politician, a celebrity, or a corporate executive, has something to say, that person is heard immediately by a wide audience. When we have something to say, we are ignored because we do not have the looks, social status, or connections to be heard.
We have been demoralized by the media’s conscious efforts to suppress our voices and to provide us with hypocritical means for us to make our voices heard, when in fact the media has no desire to enact real change other than blindly supporting the agenda of President Obama.
Current events don’t affect only the rich and famous. Current events affect us. Yet the media continues to promote elitist opinions while ignoring what we have to say. We suffer as the Silenced Majority while the rich and famous elite are given untrammelled influence and power to maintain their status while we are bound in anonymity.
Enough is enough. It’s time for action. I am appealing to you, my fellow Americans, to support me in this cause. I ask that everyone, regardless of political affiliation, join me in making ourselves heard. Tell one, tell all, about this petition, and make the media aware that we will not accept the status quo any longer.
Please sign this petition. The stakes are too high for us to remain silent.
Since Mary Harney, the Minister for Health and Children in Ireland, has been in her position there have been many controversial stories ranging from using government jet for a Trip to Florida costing the taxpayer in the region of 80,000 Euro and reportedly she had a haircut costing 400 dollars, in 2006 controversy about 455 patients waiting on hospital trolleys one day, and recently has been in news as stories emerged of her moving cancer services from Sligo General Hospital to Galway Hospital (around 2 hour journey for Cancer patients) with dis-regard to huge public outcry.
And also the handling of closing wards and operating theatres in Crumlin Children's Hospital up in Dublin that nationally treats sick children in Ireland claiming that they had overspent on Budgets.
For more reading:
Join us as we establish a New World System, that truly project the real meaning of "democracy" in the world, where every child have the opportunity to thrive, regardless of the ethnic or economic background, geographical location, gender or sexual orientation.
A world that is inclusive of elders and youth being protected by proper health systems, care of individuals in all communities around the world, the care of our land and animal kingdom, that is for the enjoyment of "all people".
The present world structure has been established through fundamentalist religion, Judaism (Jewish male dominated rulership), Christianity (European male dominated rulership) and Islam (Arab/Middle Eastern male dominated rulership), that perpetuate the so called "Superior Culture" that rules the world, and is in the contest of winning the leadership based on "material gain" called "capitalism" in the form of natural resources, i.e., oil, gold, diamond, etc., and human slavery for profit and to win a game by "brut force, through war".
A system that continues to perpetuate denial of human rights of women and children, creating abusive situations, regardless of ethnicity, through rampant sexual assault (a number one tool used in war, to defeat the so called "enemy", the so called "other"), unjust child labor, majority of women in the role of sub servitude at the mercy of the "male dominated" society across the world, inclusive of the so called "Free world", "America" through Fundamentalist Religionists, Right and Left winged politics and the power through the monetary system created as a tool in dividing the world in different so called "classes, i.e., 1st class, second class, third class citizens". In God's kingdom there is only "one class of citizenship" those who all are living an abundant life, based on the Promise of the Universal System we find in such wisdom teachings as Genesis 1 in the Holy Scripture, promised to all inhabitants.
Our petition is to advocate a New World Order through a "Heart centered" Universal System, that is inclusive of all spiritual disciplines that advocate and promote the true equality of all of humanity based on the one ruling principle, "that all of humanity is created in the image and likeness of God" (whatever we may call this image), that every human being is a part of the whole, and deserve justice and liberty based on the factor that everyone on earth is worthy to be on the planet and it is enough provided for us all when we have a "heart centered" focus. Through a "heart-centered" social order, we are aware that the Creator, created all of us in the image and likeness of this Holy Order, and everything created is GOOD!
We believe this same message is also backed up in the Egyptian Kemetic Philosophical teachings, Judaism, Hinduism, etc., all are part of this Spiritual Universe,and regardless of what Spiritual disciplines are practiced, all participants are promised the fruits from the Tree of Life, just because EVERY SOUL on EARTH is part of the Universal Source.
Since 1901, Australian Parliamentary Standing Orders have required the House & Senate to open daily with a Christian prayer, to the exclusion of all other beliefs and disbeliefs.
"Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouchsafe Thy blessing upon this Parliament. Direct and prosper our deliberations to the advancement of Thy glory, and the true welfare of the people of Australia.
Our Father, which art in Heaven: Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil: For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen."
The Privacy Act was introduced to Australia around 1988. Prior to this changing personal information for yourself and others such as family members was simple and took a fraction of the time it takes today Since the Privacy Act has been introduced it has become a major frustration for many who simply wish to change personal information for themselves and others within the family.
Paranoia has taken over where it has got to a ridiculous state having to answer multiple questions to prove your identity. A recent example is a mother walked into a bank to deposit some funds into their child's account who was 8 years old. When she asked the teller for a balance on the account it was refused on the basis she was not the primary holder of the account. While we understand the intent of the Act it has made changing information for yourself and others very in-efficient. For example if a family of four relocate each person has to change their details with numerous organisations where in the past one person could change for all.
Through a combination of a government-mandated cartel, and restrictions on imports of dairy products, Canadian dairy producers have used our government to create policies that forcibly transfer hard earned dollars from the Canadian consumer into the pockets of dairy producers.
Canadian dairy prices are consistently the highest in the world due to a lack of competition, and the stifling of the free market.
According to The U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the price of dairy fell over 20% from June 2008 to June 2009, while Canadian prices increased.
Travelling to the United States to find a deal on dairy products is discouraged as well, as Canadians can only enter Canada with $20 worth of milk products.