|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - heavy
Mε την έναρξη της σχολικής χρονιάς κάθε χρόνο ξεκινούν και οι ανησυχίες των γονέων βλέποντας τα παιδιά τους να κουβαλούν στους ώμους τους την υπέρβαρη σχολική τσάντα ως αν και καθημερινά τα παιδιά "καταβροχθίζουν" τόνους γνώσης χρησιμοποιώντας κάθε μέρα όλα τους τα βιβλία, ιδιαίτερα στην σημερινή εποχή των ηλεκτρονικών υπολογιστών και των τάμπλετς.
Καθώς οι σχολικές τσάντες, ως γνωστόν, βαραίνουν όλο και πιο πολύ όσο μεγαλώνει η τάξη στο σχολείο, υπάρχουν ανησυχίες για το αν η χρήση τους παίζει κάποιο ρόλο στο να εκδηλωθεί πόνος στην πλάτη ή την μέση.
Αρκετές έρευνες αναφέρουν ότι αν και δεν είναι στα σίγουρα "'ενοχη" η σχολική τσάντα για παθήσεις όπως η σκολίωση και η κύφωση, σίγουρα αναφέρουν άλλα προβλήματα όπως:
ατροφία στο άνω μέρος του λαιμού, που κάνει το παιδί να γέρνει το κεφάλι προς τα εμπρός, κάτι που προξενεί πόνους στο λαιμό και τους ώμους, ενώ δεν αφήνει τους μύες να κρατήσουν το σώμα όρθιο, αρθρώσεις, κλειδώσεις και μύες σφίγγουν, ενώ αλλάζει η βιομηχανική του σώματος, τα ισχία πονούν, όταν το παιδί γέρνει προς τα εμπρός συνέχεια, προκειμένου να αντισταθμίσει το βάρος της σχολικής τσάντας του, ακόμη και τα γόνατα μπορεί να αρχίσουν να πονούν, καθώς το παιδί αλλάζει τρόπο βάδισης λόγω του έξτρα βάρους στην πλάτη και σίγουρα δημιουργούνται πόνοι στη μέση και κίνδυνος εμφάνισης κοίλης.
Πρέπει να προσπαθήσουμε να μειώσουμε το βάρος της σχολικής τσάντας στο ελάχιστο απαραίτητο. Δεν θέλουμε τα παιδιά να πονάνε. Υπάρχουν ενδείξεις ότι έφηβοι που βιώνουν πόνους στη μέση συνεχίζουν να έχουν προβλήματα και στην ενήλικο ζωή.
Οι υπεύθυνοι των σχολείων πρέπει να φροντίσουν ώστε να υπάρχουν ερμάρια αποθήκευσης σε κάθε τάξη για κάθε μαθητή έτσι ώστε να μην είναι αναγκασμένος να μεταφέρει υλικά και βιβλία που δεν του χρειάζονται στο σπίτι. Σήμερα ζούμε στην ηλεκτρονική εποχή και έχουμε τη δυνατότητα να μεταφέρουμε ολόκληρα συγγράμματα σε μικρά memory sticks και ελαφριά lap top.
On the 22nd of March 2011 the University of Glasgow tried to evict the students occupying the Hetherington Building.
This was met with considerable resistance by those within the building and a large police presence was required to keep things under control.
After this, protesters moved to the Senate Rooms to begin a new occupation. The protesters have called police actions 'heavy handed'.
It is a well known fact that Leigh became one of the largest towns in Europe without a Railway Station when the old lines where removed decades ago. A community organisation called Transport for Leigh (www.transportforleigh.org.uk) who are made up of a mix of volunteers from Leigh intend to change this and need your support to make it happen.
Over the past decade Wigan Council has considered various options to enhance the chronic state of transport infrastructure in Leigh. The current poor level of accessibility and connectivity has been holding back the economic regeneration of the town greatly and limiting opportunities for people in Leigh. Wigan Council have currently settled on supporting a £76 million scheme called the Leigh – Salford – Manchester Guided Busway as their next big thing and it looks like this could be going ahead.
TFL believe that what the town actually wants is to see a Rail Link brought back to Leigh and to actually get cars off the road. TFL are therefore in the process of gauging the level of support for a full investigation into and development of a Rail initiative to take place that will enable submissions to occur to secure future rounds of transport funding within Greater Manchester for pedestrian rail in Leigh. On the back of this TFL in late 2010 asked Stobbart Rail, who install railway infrastructure, to price up a railway station in Leigh out of interest – it came in at only £52million which was far less than the £130million quoted by Wigan Council and GMPTE historically.
At TFL’s first major public meeting in February 2011 over 200 people packed into a small room to hear more about TFL and what we have been doing. With little marketing this huge turnout was impressive and demonstrated the huge determination from the town to speak out on this issue. Unsurprisingly all were in favour of developing a Railway project aimed at getting Leigh back on the national rail network and easing the huge level of car congestion on local roads, the main commuter routes into Manchester and beyond whilst also unlocking future regeneration in Leigh and helping local businesses grow. For clarity this is not an initiative aimed at moving any industrial heavy goods into or out of Leigh. It is aimed at a rail solution solely for commuters and leisure travellers to connect them directly to the Manchester - Liverpool rail line and beyond.
The intention of running a petition is to demonstrate to Wigan Council, GMPTE, Local Councillors and Leigh MP Andy Burnham exactly what the town wants for its future on the topic of transport investment and importantly to do it with one voice. Many people feel that historically the Council have not undertaken this type of real public engagement and have gone along unchecked. If the whole town speaks out jointly the Council will need to work with TFL and the community to make this happen.
The county maintained highway known as Old KS-169 currently allows heavy truck traffic to travel from the city limits of Humboldt KS to the intersection of Old KS-169 and KS-169.
Trucks however continue South on the county maintained road to Chanute and in doing so, they overload a Truss type bridge spanning the Neosho River, causing excessive wear to expansion joints.
The traffic between Humboldt and KS-169 has caused excessive wear to the pavement surface, causing a washboard effect on this fairly new section of asphault that would have lasted 15-17 years has degraded to the point of needing repaved in just 4 years.
Most doctors and physical therapists recommend that kids carry no more than 10% to 50% of their body weight in their backpacks.
A child's spine is made up of 33 bones (vertebrae), and between the bones are discs that act as natural shock absorbers. When children place heavy backpacks on their shoulders they tend to lean backwards. To compensate, children may arch their back or bend forward at the hips. In return the child develops shoulder, neck, and back pains.
-Mary L. Gavin, MD
August 10, 2007
The Chief Justice,
Mumbai High Court,
Sub : S O S APPEAL FROM RESIDENTS OF SAKET COMPLEX, THANE TO STOP MOVEMENT OF HEAVY VEHICLES ON SAKET ROAD.
On behalf of 4000 residents residing in Saket CHS Ltd. and Saket Towers, I am filing this letter to you with an urgent plea to kindly intervene and give us relief for the various reasons mentioned under alongwith facts :
1. Vide its order dated July 26,2006, the Mumbai High Court through its respectable Judges, Justice RM Lodha and Justice Naresh H Patil, restricted the movement of Heavy vehicles in the city of Thane, from Majiwade junction to Meenatai Thackeray Chowk to K Villa up to Kalwa Bridge and onwards towards Vitava and Belapur.
2. Delivering the judgement the Hon. Judges stated that (quote) : Pt. no. 2 : The AGP informs us that a meeting of the Collector, Thane, Commissioner, Thane, Municipal Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner(Traffic), Thane and City Engineer, Thane Municipal Corporation took place on July 24, 2006.
3. Pt. no. 3 of the said judgement further states that (quote) : The AGP placed before us a change route map,marked X for identification purposes. As per the said route map, the traffic from National Highway No. 3 and National Highway No. 4 now passes through the road marked by arrows from Navi Mumbai to Old Agra Rd. According to the decision taken in the said meeting, the traffic from National Highway No. 3 and National Highway No. 4 does not pass through Meenatai Thackeray Chowk ( Castle Mill). We are thus satisfied that the grievance of the petitioner raised through the PIL has been redressed and no further orders need to be passed in the writ petition.(unquote).
4. After this order, the Thane Municipal Corporation and Traffic Police diverted the entire traffic of Heavy Vehicles on SAKET MARG.
5. The area through which the traffic is now passing consists of a cluster of 24 buildings( 7 storied) and 3 Towers ( 19 storied) – all residential premises. There is a School and Junior College in the area which works in 2 shifts. In fact, there are less residential buildings in the so-called city area from Meenatai
Thackeray Chowk to Kalwa Bridge, as the road passes through a big lake on one side, a playground on the other side and a Jail premises later.
6. We would like to stress here that the Hon. High Court does not possess, nor is it expected to possess the specialized knowledge about the effects of the movement of Heavy Traffic from different areas of the City.
7. Looking at the trends seen for the last few years in the High Court regarding PILs, it is noticed that the judiciary is now taking over the role of Bureaucracy without having to take the responsibility and in the course, instead of hauling up the concerned officers responsible for the mess, the Courts are indulging in trying to sort out the mess itself.
8. In the current case, we would like to inform you that there are 4000 people residing in the Saket vicinity who are bearing the brunt of the irresponsible decision to divert Highway traffic through a stretch of a road meant for residential premises and constructed to withstand only LIGHT VEHICULAR movement.
9. This diversion has created daily nuisance to these thousands of people including school going children, pregnant women, senior citizens and office-goers.
10. IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE THANE MUNICIPAL CORPORATION AND TRAFFIC DEPT. PREFERRED TO KEEP THE HON. HIGH COURT IN DARK ABOUT THE REGULAR CIVIL SUIT NO. 239/2005, FILED BY M/S. DAYANAND NENE AND RAJENDRA ABHYANKAR, BOTH RESIDENTS OF SAKET CHS LTD., WHICH IS PENDING IN THE CIVIL COURT, THANE, FOR RELIEFS REGARDING THE VERY TRAFFIC ON THE SAID ROAD ON VARIOUS GROUNDS INCLUDING THE POOR CONDITION OF THE ROAD.
11. A survey conducted by the Thane Municipal Corporation, after diverting this traffic on Saket Marg produced a shocking picture. It was found that in 24 hours more than 14,000 vehicles ply to and fro on this stretch of 4 kms – movement which has destroyed the road and left behind huge craters, rubble, pollution and NOISE POLLUTION.
12. Yes, during night time the noise levels due to constant brakeing and honking by these vehicles reaches decibel levels exceeding 130. The Supreme Court / High Courts have been pro-active in barring usage of Loud Speakers or Crackers after 10 pm. So, our plea is ban movement of Heavy Vehicles near Residential premises after 10 pm!
13. Here, we would like you to consider the following :
• Whether all parties present in the July 24 meeting have acted in conformity with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act?
• If they have acted in conformity with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, whether the diversion of Highway led traffic through an internal residential road can be construed of PROTECTING THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND DOES NOT AMOUNT TO VIOLATION OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT AS GUARANTEED UNDER ARTICLE 21 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA?
• Whether such disowning of responsibility which leads to residents resorting to remedies of Raasta Roko or Bandhs are in the best interest of society?
On this background, we have no alternative but to invoke extraordinary jurisdiction of this Hon. High Court under Article 226 of the Constitution of India for the protection of the rights of people as guaranteed under Article 21 of the Constitution of India and seeking redress of our grievance to implement the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act so as to maintain and uphold the interest of Public Safety and not allow it redundant at any cost and in any circumstances.
Hence this petition!!
A7/303, Saket CHSL,
Thane 400 601.
# 3290 4315/ 93239 60475.
Matt Hardy has been a fan favourite wrestler in the WWE for years. He has worked hard and constantly gives his best for his fans.
Yet he has not once become the World Heavy Weight Champion. I believe he deserves the chance.
MurderWorld are one of the heaviest, hard-working, talented, and coolest thrash bands in Australia right now.
MetalStock is one of the premier metal festivals of Australia.
Yet MurderWorld can't be seen anywhere on the festival's line-up for 2007.
With nine more acts yet to be announced, any metal fan who has a remote interest in live music and quality aggresive thrash should be hoping that MurderWorld are one of these nine bands.
Bangalore's Rs. 22,000 crore (US$ 47.2 billion) economy makes it a major economic centre in India. Indeed, Bangalore is India's fourth largest and fastest growing market.  Bangalore's per capita income of Rs. 2.9 lakh (US$ 6,460) is the highest for any Indian city.  As of 2001 Bangalore's share of Rs. 1660 crore (US$ 3.7 billion) in Foreign Direct Investment was the 3rd highest for an Indian city.
In the 1940s industrial visionaries such as Sir Mirza Ismail and Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya played an important role in the development of Bangalore's strong manufacturing and industrial base. Bangalore is headquarters to several public manufacturing heavy industries such as Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) and Hindustan Machine Tools (HMT).
In June 1972 the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) was established under the Department of Space and headquartered in the city. Bangalore is called the Silicon Valley of India because of the large number of Information Technology companies located in the city which contribute 38% of India's Rs. 100,000 crore (US$ 22 billion) IT and software export market. Bangalore's IT industry is divided into three main "clusters" — Software Technology Parks of India, Bangalore (STPI); International Technology Park Ltd. (ITPL); and Electronics City. Infosys and Wipro, India's 2nd and 3rd largest software companies, have largest campus in Electronics City. As headquarters to 38% of global SEI-CMM Level 5 Companies, Bangalore's place in the global IT map is prominent.
The growth of Information Technology has presented the city with unique challenges. Ideological clashes between the city's IT moguls, who demand an addressal of the infrastructural problems of the city, and the traditionally bureaucratic state governments, whose electoral base is primarily rural Karnataka's agricultural workers, are aplenty. In July 2004 Wipro CEO Azim Premji threatened to pull his company out of the city, stating, "We do not see the situation (state of Bangalore's infrastructure) improving in the near future".
The Hosur Road, which connects Bangalore to the Electronics City, is a heavily congested road in the city. The road is also part of the National Highway (NH7) and therefore witnesses heavy truck traffic as well.
Biotechnology is a rapidly expanding field in the city. Bangalore accounts for 47% or 127 of the approximately 265 biotechnology companies in India. Biocon, headquartered in Bangalore, is the nation's leading biotechnology company and ranks 16th in the world in revenues. The Bangalore Stock Exchange is the largest in South India.
Chaning the Name
BANGALORE, India, Nov. 2 (UPI) -- Kannada speakers in India's Karnataka state have renamed their capital and IT hub Bangalore as Bengalooru to carry the language's common "u" syllable.
The official name change coincides with the golden jubilee of the founding of southern Karnataka as a state.
State Chief Minister H. D. Kumaraswamy said, "Bangalore and several other cities have Kannada names but they have been anglicized in usage. It has also become a topic of debate. On this happy occasion of the golden jubilee, I am glad to announce the change in names," reports the Press Trust of India.
Ten other cities in the state also were renamed, with some of them taking on the "u" ending monikers. Mysore, the state's second-largest city, became Mysooru, Tumkur Tumakuru, Chikamagalur Chikamagalooru, and Mangalore Mangalooru.
We should have lockers to protect our backs from heavy backpacks.
Is your backpack heavy that it hurts after a while?
Lockers hold our stuff until the next class.
This is a petition to bring back Headbanger's Ball, a program which showcased heavy metal bands and aired weekly on MTV from 1987 to 1995. Since it's cancellation there has been an outcry from the metal subculture to bring it, or a similar program dedicated strictly to heavy metal, back to the airwaves.
The World Metal Alliance, founded in 1992 in order to promote and preserve heavy metal, has successfully led several conventional "hand-signed" petition drives in the past. This, our first online petition, is to let MTV know that the metal subculture is alive, growing, and hungrier than ever for a weekly TV program dedicated completely to heavy metal.
It is our hope that every metal fan on earth sign this petition and let MTV know we are here, we are many and we want metal back on TV.
This petition is for the people who love heavy metal music and don't want it shunned from society just because of the actions of other people.
On January 1st 2002 massive radio on 88.3 out of Albuquerque NM, stopped playing all heavy Christian rock. This grevious error has yet to be resolved in a timely and satisfying matter.(ie. no rock) After conversing with the parties in question it has been learned that they have done this because they feel that there are not enough listeners to these styles of music in order to continue playing it profitably. This petition is to show them that this assumption is foolhardy and just plain wrong.