|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - eu
Support the European Presidency direct Election.
Why is it that Northern Cyprus is one of the most in demand countries in Europe in regards to properties, holidays and living. But the countries around the world still refuse to recognise North Cyprus as a country.
Still stopping Northern Cyprus from expressing, selling or buying on the common market.
Russia is convinced that the idea of Kosovo's independence is far-fetched. Nobody had even mentioned it before NATO bombed Yugoslavia in 1999. At that time, the discussion centered on various parameters of autonomy and a change in Yugoslavia's federal structure.
Russia's foreign minister called on Thursday (February 21, 2008) for talks on the status of Kosovo, whose parliament declared independence on February 17, to be resumed.
Tensions have escalated in Belgrade, with thousands of Serbs gathering in the capital to protest against Kosovo's independence. Groups of activists broke into United States and Croatian embassies in protest against the countries' support for Kosovo's secession.
Sergei Lavrov told reporters in Moscow: "Talks on Kosovo's status should be restarted," and warned that the unilateral declaration could have consequences which "could harm Russia's relations with the EU and the United States."
Serbia said on Wednesday(February 20th, 2008) it would utilize all possible political and diplomatic means to maintain the country's territorial integrity in the wake of Kosovo's declaration of independence. "Serbia's internationally recognized borders have been unilaterally violated," Foreign Minister Vuk Jeremic told a news conference.
(thanks to various pages from http://en.rian.ru/ )
Why is Serbia’s Province of Kosovo so important to Serbs? Consider, first, that Kosovo is the historical heart and religious soul of Serbia. Hundreds of Serbian Orthodox churches, monasteries, and holy sites in Kosovo attest to this. But our full answer would have to include that what is happening in Kosovo today is of far reaching importance for the entire world.
The international community is very much aware that Mwai Kibaki and his Party of National Unity (PNU) rigged the December 2007 Kenyan presidential election.
In recognition of this fact, the European Union, Britain, and the United States have refused to recognize the Kibaki government as legitimate.
As members of the international community, we do not intend to allow this blatant act of disregard for the rule of law and for the will of the people of Kenya to go unchallenged.
The list of evidence of election irregularities compiled in this petition contains widely known facts and has been corroborated by various news sources.
1) All polls taken before the election favored Raila Odinga and his party, the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM), with Odinga leading Kibaki by a margin of 4%. A mid-December report by the government's own intelligence service gave Raila Odinga an even larger lead of 8% to 15% over Mwai Kibaki. As the election drew near, the Steadman poll, which is conducted under the leadership of George Waititu, a close friend of Kibaki's, showed Kibaki catching up to Odinga although the total for the three leading candidates added up to 101%.
2) The Kenyan National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) reported that Muslim voters, most of whom were expected to favor Raila Odinga, were denied voter cards in the leadup to the election.
3) Prior to the election, Raila Odinga warned that Mwai Kibaki and his party planned to illegally deploy Administrative Police (AP) as poll agents for the purpose of intimidating voters. While Mwai Kibaki originally denied these allegations, subsequent events showed that Odinga was correct--the East African Standard reported that 65,000 APs were in fact illegally deployed to various parts of the country.
4) Prior to the election, the impartiality and credibility of the Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK) was jeopardized by Mwai Kibaki's control over the appointment of foreign observers. The East African Standard reported that ECK Chairman Samuel Kivuitu had himself accused the Kibaki "government of selectively inviting international observers for the December polls." Member of Parliament William Ruto of ODM also voiced concern, stating that "Kibaki has gone against a precedence that even brought him to power. The President alone has appointed ECK commissioners. He alone has picked foreign observers. When you put these two issues in the wider picture of the run-up to elections, you see we have a reason to doubt the fairness of the coming polls."
5) Early in the election, when Raila Odinga went to cast his vote at a polling station in his constituency of Langata, he found that his name was missing from the poll register. Furthermore, names beginning in 'A,' 'E' and 'O'--traditionally Luo and Luhya names--were missing.
6) Raila Odinga's ODM party firmly secured the Parliament, winning more than 45% percent of parliamentary seats--that is, at least 95 out of 210 electable seats--compared to Mwai Kibaki's PNU party which secured only 37 seats in total and lost 22 of its original 32 seats. The ouster of the majority of Kibaki's cabinet was regarded by many as a bold statement to the degree to which the majority of the electorate had lost confidence in the Kibaki administration.
7) In Garsen, a mob destroyed 35 ballot boxes on suspicion of rigging.
8) One constituency, Maragwa, reported 115% voter turnout.
9) Although voting ended on Thursday, December 27, the announcement of results from some polling stations was delayed for more than two days because:
a) The aforementioned irregularities compelled numerous complaints from candidates of both parties.
b) ECK returning officers from disputed polling stations could not be located by Kivuitu and had turned off their cell phones.
10) Samuel Kivuitu, chairman of the Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK), himself acknowledged that the delay would have allowed time for these missing officials or others to rig votes. "This is where cooking could be taking place," said Kivuitu.
11) The ECK failed to address the majority of these concerns raised by Raila Odinga, his ODM party, and the general public and proceeded to announce the obviously illegitimate results, thereby failing in its responsibility to the people of Kenya and lending validity to the debacle.
12) After the ECK announced the results, declaring Mwai Kibaki the winner, the East African Standard reported that an ECK officer alleged that there had been "blatant and shameless alteration of documents" primarily by "information technology officials." This officer said that the Coast and upper Eastern provinces were most affected by rigging, but also named the constituencies of Moyale, Laisamis, Saku and Matuga.
13) A Reuters article also quoted an "election observer who asked not to be named" as having "very little doubt" that the election was rigged.
14) Furthermore, before Kivuitu declared Mwai Kibaki the winner, Alexander Graf Lambsdorff, chief European Union election monitor, stated that there was ``a big question mark over the tallying of results.''
15) After Kivuitu declared Mwai Kibaki the winner, Lambsdorff repeated his misgivings. "We regret that it has not been possible to address irregularities about which both the EU and the ECK have evidence ... some doubt remains as to the accuracy of the result of the presidential election as announced today," said Lambsdorff.
16) Lambsdorff has again gone on record as saying that the tallying process lacked credibility.
17) Prior to Mwai Kibaki's secretive swearing in ceremony, the Kenyan government suspended all live television broadcasts. Coverage of post-election violence, including the government's use of armed police in suppressing demonstrators, has therefore been difficult to verify. In view of the above irregularities, this has had the effect of further eroding any semblance of democracy.
18) Finally, tallies reported by the ECK differed from those announced at polling stations and on television news broadcasts. The New York Times reports that, "The European Union said its observers in one constituency last week witnessed election officials announce that President Kibaki had won 50,145 votes, but on Sunday the election commission increased those same results to 75,261 votes."
Taken as a whole, this evidence is more than enough to declare the presidency of Mwai Kibaki illegitimate and to install the legitimate winner, Raila Odinga, into that office.
A petition of the people of Cornwall calling to have their say on the EU Reform Treaty by way of a Referendum.
The use of double collars has increased 100% in the last six months in the Paris branch of The Senlis Council.
This is unacceptable not only on aesthetic and and moral grounds, but is also dangerous for the safety of co-workers.
How long before someone loses an eye in a tragic collar-related accident?
The European Convention on Human Rights was signed by the UK government in 1998 without any prior consent from the British public.
This has caused us to lose our right to self govern and means that any criminal can appeal to the EU Court which overrules our courts.
Nous voulons (enfin), que SONY nous ouvre les portes de l'utilisation des homebrews (programme fait maison par des programmeur amateur), pourquoi SONY ferait cela ?
Cela permettrai de mettre fin au HACK de leur console et ainsi de leur perte d'argent du au télèchargement de jeux illégaux (warez), ainsi que l'utilisation de la pleine puissance de la PSP ...
We want (finally), SONY to open the doors of the use of homebrews (program makes home by amateur programmer), why SONY would make it? It shall allow to put an end to HACK of their console and so their loss of silver of in the télèchargement of illegal gamesas well as the use of the full potency of PSP...
The current Labour government was elected in 2005 on a manifesto that promised to hold a referendum on the constitution of the EU.
Now the name of the constitution has been changed to Treaty and no referendum is planned.
The consequences of Britain signing up to this treaty will massively influence how this country is run and the electorate have the right to vote.
"[Lustration] threatens the freedom of speech, media freedom and the autonomy of the universities. It creates a kind of ministry of truth, or a police of memory" (Bronislaw Geremek)
"La lustration menace la liberté de parole, la liberté de la presse et l'autonomie des universités. Elle crée une sorte de ministère de la vérité, une police de la mémoire" (Bronislaw Geremek)
Não pensem que somos apenas uns preguiçosos que não querem trabalhar, que apenas querem mais um dia para ir “curtir” a noite. NÃO!!!
Estamos a pensar no bem de todos nós, estamos a pensar no BEM DE PORTUGAL!!!
The long history of exploitation and maltreatment of African people by European airlines can no longer be ignored. In fact, they must stop.
The petition below is a rallying call for an end to such exploitation and maltreatment which are obvious to any one who travels to and from Africa with any one of these European airlines.
Specifically, this is our position: Since African people are a part of the human race, European Airlines should treat them with respect and dignity, just like they treat any other group of human beings who are not Africans. As such, the apparent maltreatment of Africans by the European airlines will no longer be ignored.
We must stop this maltreatment NOW.
Note: This is a suppliment to the original petition published in 2004. For details, see: http://www.liberateafrica.org/petitionairlines.html
Our members have written letters to the E.C. on many occasions. Sadly our protests have not been heard.
We can only hope that global awareness of the animal abuse situation in Bulgaria might one day take us out of the dark ages.
PAWS / Plovdiv Animal Welfare Society
Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi (TBMM) Türk Askerinin Lübnan'a gönderilmesini kabul etti.
June 27, 2006
For years we have suffered the vile smell of the Sewage Plant in the Bexley borough.
Although some of you may not live in Bexley I am sure you have noticed this passing through or maybe even experienced it in your area due to the wind direction.
It's high time the smell was stopped. It cannot be healthy for us and it certainly isnt pleasant, particularly in the summer!
June 24, 2006
A property developer has made offers to buy 4 bungalows in The Nursery, Erith and demolish all 4 and build a block of flats in their place.
This petition is to London Borough of Bexley to ask them to block Planning permission for this project.
January 12, 2006
Animals all over the world are being treated poorly, but one case which particularly reaches my eye is how they are being farmed! Animals are being shacked up in tiny little cages, hit with acidic poop and lots other bad things!
Then they are viciously killed in the slaughter house! My friend watched a tv programme where they lightly electrocuted a cow which was hung up(not dead) so it was all woozy and then they yanked the rope which was around its neck and CRACK!its head snapped off!!
Sign if you are humane!
If you think Take That "Never Forget: The Ultimate Collection" new dvd and cd should be released in all Europe, please sign in this petition.
We wish to have our reward after 9 years ... They have always been in our hearts.
15 novembre 2005
L'Italia per l'Eurovisione 2006!
Eurovision Song Contest is one of the oldest still running international songcontests in the world. Italy has been the winner twice; 1964 and 1990 and offered musiclovers around the world several evergreens like " Ciao ciao bambina" " Al di la", "si","Volare" and so on.
Eurovision goes strong ever today and we want ITALY to participate again.
This is apetition to the European Union to pass a regulation forcing food manufaturers to label all products as suitable, or unsuitable for vegetarians.
Anyone who is a vegetarian will have at some point struggled to decipher a food product's list of ingredients in order to decide whether, or not, they can eat it.
This task should be made much easier by the addition a simple label stating if the product is suitable, or not, for vegetarians. There is no legitimate reason why this could not be done, so why is it not done?
Inform & clarify about LTTE to Chairman of European Union.
A petition to urge the European Union to declare the liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) as a terrorist organization and ban it from EU countries!
Michael Shields has been imprisoned in a Bulgarian prison for a crime he did not commit!!!
We his supporters need to get him out of this prison and home to his family, to end this nightmare for everyone.
Update: December 30, 2005
Although this petition was submitted to the appropriate EEC department (of petitions) on 2005-12-29, with a total of over 589 signatures, you may still sign as an ongoing declaration of intent - see http://www.nakedeurope.org/petition/ for more info.
Verification of the right to engage in naked outdoor activities.
Although technically legal in most countries in Europe, people engaging in naked outdoor activities are often taken to task by the police and/or the justice (?) system itself. Let me say that again: simply being naked in a public place is not a priori illegal, but it is treated as such by many. There are many cases where people will even be prosecuted under a law with the suitably vague title of 'behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace', which might cover any number of circumstances. Another typical catch-all alternative is 'indecent exposure', which is equally guaranteed to have different meanings depending on context.
Nudism is a belief system, built around the basic tenet that people of all ages, races and creed, have a right to be naked and to engage in peaceful activity with no regard to their shape, size, colour or wealth. Additionally, nudism believes that clothes are not a necessary prerequisite of the human condition, but an add-on. This is in direct contrast to the media passion for using the naked form for commercial gain and the repeated implied suggestion, to the majority of the population, that there is something to be ashamed of in their own body by the inevitably one-sided comparison, and which therefore should be covered up in socio-economic labeling textiles.
The saying: "Clothes maketh the man" is a truism which it is possible to challenge. This petition is saying it should not be necessary to cover your body with cloth to be approved of by society, and that society should explictly allow different belief systems to coexist in the same (open air) sphere and not be permanently stuck in a bucket of textile prejudice.
Modern nudism is about people engaging in naked activities, around the world,
as both a personal statement of freedom and as a stand against the pervasive and dubious use of the naked body in (all forms of) the media.
These people are, or are learning to be, proud of their naked bodies and are celebrating this natural freedom by being naked in nature. Modern nudism is bringing the naked out of the closet, out from behind closed, secretive places and special camps, to the great outdoors. This petition has been amended to include a mention of the intention that being naked outdoors is expected to be at a suitable distance from population centres. This petition is aimed at hills, mountains, lakes, seas, forests, woods, fields, etc. - outdoors.
Being naked is not illegal, although many people continue to think it is. This petition is aimed at securing the explicit written confirmation of the right to be naked in the outdoor environment, and to engage in healthy and harmless, sports and activities, without interference, obstruction, discrimination or harassment. This petition is urging all people to canvas their representatives on behalf of their right to be naked outdoors, and for those representatives to act on this petition and to amend the legal system appropriately, both in their own countries and at the European Union level.
Article II-70 of the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe, (Freedom of thought, conscience and religion), due to have been ratified in 2005 may have confirmed this. Again, this would have been an interpretation, and not an absolute recognition of the situation, which is why it is still deemed important that this existing right should be explicitly enshrined in the European Treaty.