|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - current
We the Residents and Tax payers of Scotlnad wish to have Ginny Monroe Reinstated as the Director of Nursing at Scotland County Care Center and ask for the Resignation of Kathy Shoop, the current administrator of Scotland County Care Center.
I like many people am passionate when it comes to Government fees and cost. Council Tax mainly. I want to raise a petition for everyone who lives under the RG postcode. If, like news articles report, the current Council tax is due to rise by up to 18% I want to bring people together in giving our personal opinions on the alleged rise in the current rates. There is lots of press coverage across the whole United Kingdom regarding the Council Tax issue.
I do not feel that I get "value for money" when it comes to Council Tax charges. I live in the RG31 (Tilehurst, Reading area) and am appalled by my current charges without even viewing the final upcoming raise to our current charges. If the Council could guarantee that ALL services that we pay for are honored, as they should then, I, for one would be less "discussed" of the charges for service. However, the only service I can honestly say I receive for my money is getting my bins emptied once a week. The Policing is poor; the streets are dirty, littered with waste and "rubbish". We have our grass verges cut three times a year if were lucky. The roads are generally in a poor condition . I could go on.
I am asking you all, the people of Berkshire to sign this petition which will be passed on to our local government representative with a covering letter asking for their comments.
Many people in other parts of the United Kingdom are standing up for what they believe and refusing to pay the proposed increase which is due soon. We as a community NEED TO PULL TOGETHER to stand side by side with others and make sure our voices are heard before this country/county forces itself into a situation that will mirror the problems of late similar to the Poll Tax debate and make our living conditions further more difficult than they already are.
If you, as a resident of Berkshire agree or have your own personal view on Council Tax Costs then PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION. A copy of this will be forwarded to all the local newspapers which cover Berkshire in hope of keeping our County as it should and in favour of us, the people. Many people are finding it difficult to afford the current living costs within Berkshire as it is.
Let's not worsen the situation?
Thank you for you time.
Mr. Daran Thomas
This petition is asking for the current speed limit of 30mph to be lowered to 15mph due to child safety.
This petition is written for the purpose of lowering the current speed limit of 30mph to the purposed limit of 15mph. Many families in our subdivision have children that enjoy spending time playing outside. During the timesthey enjoy playing is the busiest time of day for traffic. Several times there are drivers, who do the speed limit, but put our children at risk. It is proven that larger vehicles take a longer amount of time to come to a complete stop at certain speeds. Today many more people are driving the bigger vehicles. The roads are also very narrow. On many occasions there have been vehicles parked on either side of the road. This allows only one car to pass at a time. The speed limit does not allow safe passage of vehicles during this time. If by some chance a small child is playing ball and the ball happens to roll into the road the vehicles dont realize in an adequate amount of time.
The University of Alabama's Graphic Design Program is in need of both software and hardware upgrades. We are currently running Mac OS 9.2, Photoshop 6.0, and QuarkXPress 4.1, to name a few, all of which are now outdated. The iMacs in our lab are unable to support the required upgrade to Mac OS X that is needed to run the new versions of these programs.
In order to keep our programs up-to-date, we need to purchase both new computers and current software. We are requesting the funds to ensure the quality of our students' education.
This is a petition to keep the nickname "Rebels" a part of St. Johns school.
There has been much debate throughout the SJS community regarding our current mascot and team nickname, the Rebels. Many arguments have been made by those who oppose as well as those who support the name, but no decision has ever been made to drop the term "Rebels" altogether.
If you agree Mr. Atwood has been violating your civil rights by constant harassment and threatening to you or members of your job force and selective warnings, letters, suspension and termination, and you request he be immedately removed from his current job position and the property, sign below.
In 1999 the Oklahoma legislature passed and Governor Keeting signed HB 493, creating the category of Large Family Child Care Homes, which can be licensed for a maximum of 12 children. This was an important step in addressing child care needs across the state and placed Oklahoma in an equitable position with 44 other states with this category of care.
The City Code of Stillwater, Oklahoma has not been updated since 1993 and does not reflect the newest State legislation in effect. The current City Code limits the Family Day Care Home to a maximum of 7 children.
Current City Code considers Large Family Child Care Homes licensed for more than 7 children to be "Day Care Centers", although the City's definition of "Day Care Center" is in direct contradiction to the State's definition of "Day Care Center".
The demanding and expensive zoning restrictions placed on Large Family Child Care Homes by labeling them as "Centers" diminish the number of licensed providers and cause new providers to remain underground and unlicensed, thus making safe, monitored care less available to parents seeking care for their children.
We are seeking to have City Code amended so that all Family Child Care Homes, including those licensed by the State for up to 12 children, will be classified as an accepted Home-Based Business and all will be treated by the City as equals.
The Lakewood School Language Developement Program has been a very sucessfull program for the last 25 years. Helping many children with severe language problems overcome their challenges and become confident and productive students. The current School Board has formed a committee to come up with a recommendation to either change or eliminate this program from our school ditrict in order to save money, with the misguided promise that a new format of language development programs will access more children. We, the parents of these children do not want to see this program done away with but expanded in its current proven form if possible.
This petition is to request the 4 J.V.cheerleader candidates for 03-04, who were eliminated by unjust voting & a delayed time period from the point of competition to 6 days later when the voting by students & teachers was completed, be placed with the J.V. cheering squad, if they so choose, with the same distinction as the other cheerleaders. Due to circumstances beyond their control all these candidates were subjected to an unfair vote given by teachers who have no knowledge of the girls other than maybe a personal connection through the community or friends, but certainly not by student performance in academics or other school related activities. Also, by the stuent body who is not familiar with the 8th grade candidates. This type of voting is the most unfair elimination process.
This is also a request that the current voting system used by Llano High School be changed from a 50% judges, 25% teacher and 25% student body to a selection process that does not involve the teacher's votes at all unless they are going to vote on academic performance only. Lastly, that all voting (judges & student body) for Varsity and J.V. be completed, with results posted, the same day as tryouts.
Soapnet, a subsidiary of ABC and Disney, has been airing the soap opera Ryan's Hope which originally aired on ABC from 1975 through 1989. They currently run 2 - 30 minute episodes twice daily and are presently at the 1981 season (6 years of episodes, shown over 3 years). On April 28, 2003 they intend to restart the show from the beginning to increase their viewership. They do not intend to continue with the current run and expect their loyal viewers to watch again for 3 years to get to this current point.
We are requesting that the show use one of their 2 time slots to continue and another (more popular demographically) for the restart.
We want the school bus to come down our road to pick up our children. It is a safety issue because the current bus stop is on a busy road and out of sight from parent's homes. There are several small children who ride this bus.
We are calling for a peaceful resolution to the current Iraq situation.
We believe that war solves nothing and the only victims will be further innocent civillian casualties.
I believe that the students of Abbotsford Senior Secondary School deserve a competant, open minded school principal in place of the current one (Mr. Roger). The following are examples of Mr. Roger's closed mind:
- Suspending male students for wearing black makeup (after years of allowing females to do the same thing)
- Degrading comments on the visiting Beijing students.
Please, support the students of Abbotsford Senior, and help them get a competant principal, willing to take action on important points, take part in school pep rallys, who will listen to the students and most of all, leave his/her office every so often intstead of sitting around all day!
This petition is in support of reducing the current age limit on becoming an MP, councillor or other elected person in UK Government from 21 to 18. In this new century of equality it is common sense that if you can vote at 18 you should also be able to stand for election from the age of 18. Currently it is restricted to 21 or over. How are young people supposed to take an active interest in the running of government if they cannot participate in the workings of government?
Why does this affect you? - this affects everyone who is eligable to vote. Candidates can become your local MP or Councillor. What's to say that a 18 year old can't do a better job than someone who's over 21? Possibly even better!
Please sign this petition if you are in support of:
- equal rights for adults over 18
- fairness in government
- modernising UK government
Please read petition for the description. (So we may be taken seriously, only current Hunter's Ridge of Blacksburg, VA residents should sign this petition).
The assumption of paternity law in Pennsylvania basically states that if a married woman has an affair and bares a child as a result of the affair then in order to preserve her current marriage the father of the child involved in the affair has virtually no rights to the child he has fathered because the child is assumed to be of the husbands creation. I believe this is a violation of human and civil rights and it should not be tolerated. We always preach the important role of a father in a child's life but here in Pennsylvania it seems we like to promote deadbeat dads with a outdated and cruel law such as this. It's prevents good people who want to be involved with their children from doing that very thing. People make mistakes and therefore potential fathers should be able to have visitation with their children doing this doesn't have to put a current marriage in jeopardy. Under the assumption of paternity law potential fathers can't get DNA tests or blood tests done to prove that they are the father because as I said the child is assumed to be of the husband. I always learned that the law was about fact and not assumption so this law is in my view unlawful. I believe it is an old leftover that was on the books to protect women's honor in the poodle skirt generation but everyone knows those days are gone and today women should be held accountable for their actions just as men are. Visiting a child you created doesn't have to ruin a marriage and everyone should have the right to know if they are a father and visit that child if they're suitable and proven to be fathers thank you and please sign to abolish this law in Pennsylvania.
Reptiles should not be sold as pets. Keeping these animals exposes owners to salmonella infections and often results in the suffering and death of the reptile.
More and more people are buying reptiles as pets, causing both an increase in salmonella poisoning cases as well as a growing market for these wild animals, who frequently suffer and die due to incorrect handling and improper care.
Due to contact, both direct and indirect, with pet reptiles, 93,000 people in the United States are infected with salmonella each year, and thousands are hospitalized. Unfortunately children, ages 5 years and under, make up the majority of cases because of their developing immune systems. In fact, reptile-associated salmonellosis can be fatal. It is responsible for the death of 20 people each year and has caused several infant deaths in recent years.
Reptiles, such as turtles, lizards, and snakes, are non-domesticated animals, unlike other companion animals such as dogs and cats, requiring very special care. Frequently these animals are purchased and mistreated due to the new owner's unfamiliarity with a reptile's unique food and care requirements.
Reptiles sold as pets are both caught in the wild and raised in captive environments. While concerns with human health and animal welfare remain whether the animal is wild-caught or captive-bred, there is additional stress and suffering for the wild-caught animals who have to endure capture and transportation from their natural environments. Prohibiting the sale of reptiles as pets will help reduce occurrences of reptile-associated salmonellosis and allow the animals to live out their natural life-spans without the pain or distress brought about by the reptile trade.
History: Between 1970 and 1975 hatchling red-eared slider turtles were a popular pet for children in the US. During this time, 250,000 cases of reptile-associated salmonellosis in children and infants were reported to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In response to this, in 1975 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration enacted a ban on the sale of turtles with a shell of less than four inches in length. This led to a 77% decrease in the number of annual cases of reptile-associated salmonellosis reported to the CDC.
The number of pet reptiles in the U.S. is again increasing. According to the American Pet Product Manufacturers Association 2000 survey on pet ownership, 3.9 million American households have one or more pet reptiles. This is a shocking 44% increase since 1998. Reptile-associated salmonellosis cases have risen along with the current pet reptile trend.
It is clear that current public education efforts and media attention on this issue have been ineffective in preventing this illness since the number of annual reptile-associated salmonellosis cases reported to the CDC have nearly doubled since 1995. In a 1999 public advisory the CDC stated that reptile-associated salmonellosis poses a "substantial health threat to humans."
In addition, reptiles are subject to serious abuse and neglect in the reptile trade. In fact, it is estimated that 90% of reptiles caught in the wild die within their first year of captivity due to mistreatment and neglect suffered during their capture and transport. Many reptiles, both wild-caught and capitive-bred, also perish at the hands of reptile owners who are unprepared to meet the specialized care requirements of these animals.
The sale of reptiles as pets should be banned in order to protect the American public, and in particular children, from reptile-associated salmonellosis. This action will also eliminate the needless animal suffering and mortality brought about by the reptile trade.
I am writing you in response to your criticism over the Government of Macedonia's latest action against the Albanian terrorists (i.e. as you refer to them as "armed rebels and extremists"). Your "disappointment" on how the latest crisis around Aracinovo was handled, had particularly provoked me to express MY bitterness and deep disappointment regarding the following:
1. I am very disappointed to hear that your excellencies have been disturbedby the fact that the Government of Macedonia had to take decisive action against armed groups who threaten the people of Macedonia and use weapons as a tool to legitimize themselves and their actions (often later acting as "the victims themselves"); furthermore, I am equally disappointed by the actions of the Swedish security forces (Sweden is currently presiding
with the EU) against peace protesters in Gothenburg during the EU Summit in mid-June.
2. I am very disappointed that your Excellencies have not taken into consideration the fact that all parties involved in the process of reconstructing Kosovo have failed to restore a lasting peace, law and order in the neighboring Yugoslav province of Kosovo, which permanently produces negative consequences for the peace and stability of the whole region(including the Republic of Macedonia).
3. Furthermore, I am very disappointed and disturbed to see lack of willingness by your respective governments to build multiethnic Kosovo, as previously pledged.
4. Many Macedonian citizens (despite of their ethnic or religious affiliation) are stunned by the fact that international humanitarian
organizations are vigorous only when it comes to helping unfortunate ethnic Albanians and neglecting the others in need.
5. I am alarmed to find out that you have FINALLY been disturbed by the crisis in Macedonia and kindly ask you to go back in time and figure out when was the exact and right time for you to be really upset!
6. I am disappointed to realize that you think it is the Macedonian
Constitution that generates the current crisis. I would kindly refer you to the Constitution of the neighboring Republic of Albania and ask you to read all of it (including its Preamble).
7. I am very disappointed that all of you failed to employ due diligence as you have done so during the peak of the current crisis and "discover" that there is no "Slav" majority - rather ethnic Macedonians and that there is no one third ethnic Albanian population in Macedonia - rather 22,9% according to the 1994 census, conducted (believe it or not) by The Council of Europe itself and its ICOM (International Census Observation Mission) in Macedonia led by Mr. Robert McMurray of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Certain Media based in your respective countries are still insulting a greater majority of the population by naming them "Slavs" which does not correspond to their true ethnic affiliation. We have never heard an affirmative comment from them talking about "citizens of Macedonia" if nothing else.
8. I am very disappointed that my country's name is still FYROM, thanks to your "proved" interest in defending and promoting fundamental human rights and freedoms (among those let me remind you about the freedom of expression and self-determination). In addition, I am insulted by the fact that the EU mission in Skopje represented by Mr. Teixeira is named the "Delegation of the European Commission to the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, FYROM, Skopje"!
9. Let me remind you that you still have an ongoing obligation and a pledge to protect Macedonia and its borders particularly the volatile one with Kosovo), made in the eve of the NATO intervention against Yugoslavia. Kosovo's well being cannot be constructed on behalf of the misery of its neighbors, just for the sake of "showing its success story" which so far exists not.
10. I am very disappointed that some of your envoys are beginning to "shoulder" and chit chat with those who undeniably want the partition of my country. If that indeed is your last word on Macedonia also, then let us not waste more time and lives and let the demarcation begin immediately, rather than pressure for continuation of a political dialogue containing ridiculous
bargaining over rights and powers which involves parties who per se have no legitimate right to negotiate on such issues exclusively. If you all truly want the stability and the peace in this region your missionaries would at the moment be assisting the government rather than act as a "taxi-service" to all those who came in uninvited, to kill, threaten, block water supplies and force civilians to leave their homes and properties just because they do not fit into their xenophobic scenario and "cause".
11. Dear Excellencies, it is true Macedonia has little money to buy weapons and rockets, but when it comes to defending our values and freedom such money is well spent to our minds. Loyal citizens do not fear legitimate security forces. Criminals do!
12. Let me in the end express my hope that you will reconsider your position toward Macedonia and its certainly "imperfect" Government and convey a clear message of support to those of us who act and work toward further democratization and the European prospective of Macedonia. All those inspired by the "freedom fighters" clearly demonstrated fear and disbelieve in the European integration itself. I guess your Excellencies this is the last chance for you to decide are you going to give a credit to those who would rather stand on the demarcation line, than to those committed to pursue the way of the integration toward Europe, without alternatives and preconditions and no matter how hard and challenging it is.
In April, 2001, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors failed to enact proposed legislation that would have made it illegal to shoot across the property of another without first obtaining their permission.
This enhancement would have better defined the current reckless endangerment statute, which by law enforcement's own admission is a subjective and qualitative charge that is poorly defined and difficult to enforce. Thinking people, gun owners and non-gun owners alike, agree that defining reckless endangerment to include "bullet trespass" is simply common sense firearm safety that should not be left to chance. When a bullet is fired through private property without permission, it is a violation of our inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.