|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - constitution
Fellow American Citizens we are faced with the largest one piece of legislation in our lifetime that will affect each and every one of us. This legislation is healthcare reform and there is a lot of controversy over this huge bill. Seniors are scared of reduced benefits, some are worried about government paid abortions, and we are all worried about the cost. Citizens of this grand country it is time to take a stand for how we feel and make congress hear us!
This issue is being pushed thru both sides of congress on such a fast pace that our concerns are not being heard clearly.
With this petition to stop the bills as they are now in Congress we hope that they will come to a more reasonable plan as we have roughly outlined on our website wethepeopleforever.org.
Laws being passed by the president are being pushed through, against the people of America, and we citizens want full control of what the government passes. We want the hidden agendas to stop now!
We are the people, and we hired you to work for us, in our interest, not the interests of the Federal Reserve. Our health care should not be controlled by any government entity and should be put up for the people to decide. We demand that a paper ballot voting system be set up to vote on any major changes in the constitution or any other changes to any laws on the record from original documents of the constitution.
We the people have spoken and demand our powers back from the government. We gave you powers to oversee the laws, not to change them against us for government control the citizens. Return our rights to the original stated in the original documents of the United States of America.
“We” as the people and leaders in whence “We” have come from and inherited from our forefathers 233 years ago following the Declaration of Independence, and 222 years ago after ratification of our Constitution.
When government is heading towards despotism and plans martial law against its people based on the comments of senators on the floor it is time for “We” the people to do something in order to preserve “our” constitution and our rights. “The ability for the federal government to declare martial law would be impossible in America, because to take rights away from the people and nullify the constitution would be to defer the power granted to the federal government back to the people who formed it prior.”.... as paraphrased by Norman Olson during the hearing of the Senate Terrorism Subcommittee under Senator Arlen Specter on the subject of Militias in the U.S. on Thursday 06/15/1995.
The Petitions are a very important part of the Committees of Safety. With a large number of signed petitions, we will be petitioning our State legislators to sponsor and vote for State statutes that will provide for a constitutional system of security and defense for a free State while also providing for a constitutional sound monetary system.
Our State legislators and Governors need to know that a large number of the People are in favor of these statutes and will volunteer when the statutes are enacted. They also need to know that, We the People, will support them (with our votes and money) when they sponsor and vote for these constitutional statutes. They will find it unnecessary to take money from "special interest lobbyists", because they will have the support from We the People.
They will be upholding their sworn oath, to support and defend the Constitution, securing our Rights and provide for the general Welfare of the People.
Obama needs to be impeached. He is a liar, and is really only a puppet for other left wingers that only want to destroy our US Constitution.
We, hereby, demand and will pursue the relocation of all US Representatives and Senators to spend no less than 75% of their time in elected office in our State Capitals to telecommute via secured phone, fax, email, and web conference with their federal counterparts.
On the Local level, State Representatives and Senators will be relocated to spend no less than 75% of their time in elected office in the City Halls or Court Houses of our Districts to likewise telecommute with their state counterparts.
This will essentially “embed” politicians among the people they’re supposed to represent allowing them to always be informed with our communities’ positions on each issue and be within close reach to voice our opposition when necessary.
• Restores Balance of Power - Citizens are put back in charge of this country.
• Nonpartisan - This plan favors no political party since all need to be reigned in.
• Anti-Lobbying - Lobbyists spend most of their budget on travel expenses.
• Reduce Corruption - Citizens/Local Media resume their role as government watch dog.
• Cost Effective - The cost of upgrading state and local facilities for this plan is dwarfed by the savings from stopping out of control government spending.
• National Security - Any natural disaster or assault on DC would be far less catastrophic because it would be taking down only one server on a grid of 51.
Barak Hussein Obama may not even be a US citizen! He definitely is not Constitutionally qualified to be President of the United States. By his own admission, his father was a British citizen under allegiance to the British crown, this alone makes Obama disqualified!
Please know the facts, this is not a Right Wing Extremist fantasy issue, there are serious questions that must be addressed & Obama has spent over $1 million on three legal teams to keep his $20 birth certificate sealed from public view.. Why would he do this? Don't you have to show your Birth Certificate to get a job or a driver's license? Don't you have to send for your college transcripts to prove your educational qualifications? Don't we all have equal protection and or opportunity? Why is he able to avoid the requirements?
Congressional action was held to assure that John McCain born to Military parents serving our country abroad was a citizen, yet Obama was never vetted! Why?
I will say again what I’ve said for the last two years; Obama is not lawfully qualified to be president regardless of where he was born. Even if Obama by some chance was born in Hawaii he was still born a British Subject just as John McCain was born a U.S. Citizen even though he was born in another country.
Obama's father was a British Subject when Obama was born and subject to British law.
Read more here: http://legalwatch.blogtownhall.com/
Even if he was born in Hawaii as claimed Obama is not lawfully qualified to be President.
Also; here is another Great link to see for your self just what is going on here... We are getting Hi-Jacked by this Illegal Street THUG.
To the United States Congress, United States Supreme Court and President of the United States:
Whereas, the First Amendment guarantees our right to Petition for Redress of Grievances, and
Whereas, the Senators and Representatives, all executives and judicial officers of the United States are bound by oath or affirmation to support the Constitution, and
Whereas, the Ninth and Tenth Amendments provide that powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people, and
Whereas, the Fourteenth Amendment guarantees equal protection of the laws, and
Whereas, Article 1 of the Constitution prohibits both the federal government and the states from passing either bills of attainder or ex post facto laws, and
Whereas, the Supreme Court has insisted that "a Bill of Attainder may affect the life of an individual, or may confiscate his property, or may do both”, and
Whereas, “All laws which are repugnant to the constitution are null and void” (Marbury v Madison, 5 US (2Cranch) 137, 174, 176 (1803)) and,
Whereas, We the People, have been betrayed through treachery and breach of allegiance, by those entrusted with the responsibility to safe guard our liberty and the United States Constitution,
We the People, in seeking Redress of Grievances, as is our right under Amendment I of the United States Constitution, ask this question of each branch of Federal Government:
“Where in the Constitution do you find authorization for each and all of the following?”
1. The redistribution of property by force and subterfuge; and the unequal application of tax laws amounting to punitive action against certain groups of American People and providing favored status to other groups
2. A paper money system that is morally and economically equivalent to counterfeiting
3. Willful and purposeful devaluation and destruction of American currency
4. Deploying military to fight undeclared wars
5. Targeting and labeling law-abiding American citizens as domestic terrorists
6. Declarations that disagreeing with policy is unpatriotic or disloyal to our country
7. Intrusions into the privacy of law-abiding American citizens
8. Perpetual massive indebtedness to foreign countries
9. Infringement upon the rights of the People to keep and bear arms through oppressive regulation and taxation designed for the very purpose of infringement
10. Passing laws and taxes without deliberation and without reading the legislation; said action is tantamount to the American People not having any representation
11. Enacting ex post facto laws and Bills of Attainder
12. Granting Constitutional rights and privileges to illegal aliens and prisoners of war
13. Funding mercenary organizations that engage in voter fraud and paid harassment of law abiding American citizens
14. Maintaining and deploying armies in peace time on United States soil
15. Unprecedented and arbitrary federal power, through the United States Treasury, for government intervention into, control of, and confiscation of, private property, private industry including but not limited to banking, insurance, manufacturing, farming and other sectors of the private economy (current and proposed)
16. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law (proposed)
17. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law (proposed)
18. Acts regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press (proposed)
We the People of the United States of America, who cherish liberty, taking into our most serious consideration, the best means of assuring our continued constitutional rights of self governance, as our ancestors in like cases have done, for asserting and vindicating our rights and liberties, declare,
That the citizens of the Unites States of America, by the immutable laws of nature, the principles of the United States Constitution, Supreme Court case law and the Federalist Papers, have the following Rights:
• We are entitled to life, liberty, and property, and we have never ceded to any sovereign power whatever, a right to dispose of these without our consent.
• The three branches of the United States government derive their just powers solely from the consent of the governed.
• We the people have the right and the obligation to alter or abolish any government that becomes destructive of the inalienable rights endowed by our Creator and rights codified in the United States Constitution.
• We have the right peaceably to assemble, consider our grievances, petition the three branches of the Federal Government; and that all prosecutions, prohibitory and proclamations, defamatory declarations, and commitments for the same, are illegal.
• We the People of the United States of America, do claim, demand, and insist on, as our indubitable rights and liberties that the federal government must be answerable and accountable to the people; which cannot be legally taken from us, altered or abridged by any power whatever, without our own consent, and said consent has never been given.
In the course of our inquiry, we find numerous infringements and violations of the foregoing rights; which demonstrate systemic corruption formed to subvert and destroy our constitutional republic and to enslave the American people.
We submit this Petition for Redress of Grievances in an ardent desire that precious liberty be restored to ourselves and preserved for future generations of Americans.
The US Constitution states only a "Natural Born Citizen" of the United States of America will be eligible to hold the office of President of the United States.
Barack Obama has refused to produce his "Official" Birth Certificate or other such "valid document" and by so doing is ineligible to hold the office of the President.
José Belo, editor-in-chief of Tempo Semanal, has been charged following publication of an article in his newspaper and online publication, alleging corruption by Justice Minister Lucia Lobato in the awarding of a prison contract to her husband.
We, as Americans, must insure that our current and future political leaders cherish and honor The Constitution of The United States of America. We cannot let the 222-year-old experiment called America fail because of a 1-month radical agenda in Washington, DC filled with manipulation and deceit.
Social issues have changed, technology has changed, and our knowledge has changed. However, human nature and behavior have not changed. This is why The Constitution is not out of date or ever will be because it protects us from the frailties and whims of our leaders.
Please sign this petition electronically by clicking the "Sign Petition" button below. Your email address will be kept condfidential. Also, please forward this petition to all of your friends and family.
The Tenth Amendment provides that “powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
In Accordance to Article I Section 2 of the State of North Carolina Constitution. It also Clearly states:
Sec. 2. Sovereignty of the people.
"All political power is vested in and derived from the people; all government of right originates from the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the whole."
Also In Accordance Article I
Sec. 35. Recurrence to fundamental principles.
A frequent recurrence to fundamental principles is absolutely necessary to preserve the blessings of liberty.
Sec. 36. Other rights of the people.
The enumeration of rights in this Article shall not be construed to impair or deny others retained by the people.
It is our belief that the federal government has consistently over-stepped its constitutional boundaries and usurped the powers reserved to the states, and therefore the people.
A North Carolina Sovereignty Resolution will remind the federal government of its proper role and place.
Our goal is to have a resolution adopted and passed by the North Carolina State Legislature during the calendar year 2009.
Is North Carolina alone in this movement? The answer is no. There are no less than 31 states that are claiming and/or planning similar legislation.
The State Sovereignty movement clearly arises from the belief that the balance of power has tilted too far and too long in the direction of the federal government and that it’s time to restore that loose balance.
So, would you please join us in support of a North Carolina Sovereignty Resolution by signing the petition?
In Support of:
A Joint Resolution claiming Sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States,and Article I Sections 2, 35 and 36 of the State of North Carolina Constitution over certain powers; serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates; and directing distribution.
"... the people may change the constitution whenever and however they please. This is a right of which no positive institution can ever deprive them."
Constitutional Framer James Wilson
This quote by James Wilson brings up the idea of a popular amendment; an idea lost on many of the students of the Constitution let alone those with the power to enact it. In the Constitution there are four formal ways to amend it:
• Proposal by convention of states, ratification by state conventions (never used)
• Proposal by convention of states, ratification by state legislatures (never used)
• Proposal by Congress, ratification by state conventions (used once)
• Proposal by Congress, ratification by state legislatures (used all other times)
One informal way to “amend” it by changing the interpretation of the document (suffrage rights). The most interesting, however, is the popular amendment. This would involve a proposition by any citizen of the United States and somehow be passed by a National voting body that currently does not exist.
This petition is designed to make the popular amendment a viable option for the American people to change the Constitution. To make this a legitimate option three things must be defined: a national voting body, the Constitutionality of the proposal, and the percent of the population required to pass the proposition.
There is no national voting body. All national elections are done on a local level. I propose using the current presidential election forum, minus the Electoral College. This would allow every legal voter to have their opinion heard directly via the popular vote.
The Constitution is a document unlike any in the history of the World. It is the driving force behind the good our politicians do. When dealing with the Constitution we must be very cautious for it is the cornerstone of our Republic, without it democracy as the world knows it would fail. Noting this, our system of government has allowed for the nine most qualified students of the Constitution to make judgments on the document through the Supreme Court. For a proposition to be proposed as a possible amendment to the predefined national voting body the Supreme Court must issue a binding declaratory judgment ruling that the proposal is constitutional.
Recognizing the magnitude of the proposal (a change to the very core of America) a mere 51% vote will not be acceptable. When dealing with the Constitution partisan alliances and preferences must be able to be overcome in the voting process. We cannot have amendments to the Constitution being thrown in when the Country is upset with a specific party only to “re-amend” it when they switch alliances. I propose that a 90% popular vote be required to pass a popular amendment.
Follow the wishes of our Founding Fathers and sign your name to allow yourself to propose your beliefs to the Nation for ratification.
UPDATE: April 26, 2011
Kevin was sentenced to 10 years in State Prison for involuntary manslaughter on Oct. 16, 2009. He will be eligible for Parol next January. In fact the Parole Board is currently reviewing his case.
He has thus far served more than 2 1/2 years as a model inmate. He has not received even one disciplinary report since the day that he turned himself in to law officials. He gets along well with prison staff as well as the other inmates. He has completed all required classes as well as some that were not required. He has used this time in prison to grow spiritually and focus on ways to improve his life as an individual. His plans upon release from prison, are to be a responsible parent to his young children and to become involved in some type of programs to warn young people of the dangers of alcohol, drugs and firearms.
I thank God for getting him through all of this safely and for caring people like you who sign this petition asking the Parole Board to Please allow him the chance to come home and prove himself to be a real asset to society.
On September 27, 2008, Kevin Sutton, 36 years old, shot and killed Jeffrey Kipp Harper, who grabbed a knife off of a table and cut Kevin Sutton across his ribs, kicked him backward out of his own door, and told him that he was getting his gun to kill him. The incident took place at the home of Kevin Sutton. His friend, Jeffrey Kipp Harper became very belligerent and out of control after having an excessive amount of alcohol. Kevin told him to leave his home and Kipp became violent. This is when Kipp attacked him with a knife and kicked him out of the door.
Kevin had planned to go hunting earlier in the day and his gun was still leaning next to the porch when he caught hold of it upon pulling his self up off the ground. Kevin heard Kipp say he was going back in to get his gun and saw him point what appeared to be a revolver at him through he window when he, Kevin, fired the shotgun at Kipp through the window in defense of his own life.
The Investigator admitted at the Preliminary Hearing that there had not been a “real” search of the premises for any additional firearms.
There were two witnesses at the scene during the alleged crime who both admit that they don’t remember what happened because they were high on drugs and drunk on Tequila. These two drug addicts were found back at the scene very early the following morning, inside the house (they did not live there). They had broken down the crime scene tape and gone into the house. The morning after this, it was discovered that two TV’s, a VCR and some other things had been stolen from the residence.
Kevin Sutton was charged with Malice Murder and Felony Murder. The District Attorney reasons that since Kevin was on the outside that he should have been able to get to safety. However, they are not taking into consideration the fact that Kevin has a physical disability (cerebral palsy) that severely affects his ability to run.
What has happened to everyone’s constitutional right to defend oneself and family?
The 2009 Obama-Biden administration has already demonstrated their intent is to release confusion, discord, distrust, and an attack against the American people and the U.S. Constitution, itself.
Whereas, before they have even been installed into the Office of President and Vice President, they and many of their supporters have continued to disregard and disrespect the Constitution and the American traditions, values, mores, and God.
Whereas, while our military are fighting on foreign shores and at home to protect our rights, their families and ours are being systematically stripped of all rights.
Whereas, at a time of severe national crisis with people losing their jobs, healthcare, homes, and basic sustenances, Barack Obama has not ceased to publicly and arrogantly flaunt his multimillions of dollars purportedly received in multiples of dollar contributions during his electoral campaigns, his own having started in 2004, at the Democratic National Convention and did not end until the November 4, 2008, Presidential general election.
Whereas, Barack Obama has stated many times that, as President, he will form a coalition government of local, national, and international partnerships to decide issues for Americans with him.
Whereas, Barack Obama has stated his plans are to create a participatory form of governance rather than the constitutionally mandated representative form of governance by a sitting Congress, and such actions, if he is allowed to follow through, would facilitate a constitutional crisis of monumental proportions and forever change this nation's credibility at home and abroad as a sovereign democratic Republic and leader of the free world.
Whereas, Barack Obama has proved by his actions that he has no love of God or country, and he has no respect for authority, except his own.
Whereas, Barack Obama has no administrative or military experience and we are a nation at war, but he is not stable and decisive when called for.
Whereas, we do not believe Barack Obama is committed to protecting, preserving, and defending our constitution, by his failure to adhere to even the election laws with impunity and without accountability to anyone and that must no longer stand to be the case.
Whereas, all citizens of this nation, whether natural born or nationalized, we have the right to expect our elected leaders to uphold their vows taken when first admitted to those sacred halls of government. And, no less shall we expect, also, from the President of the United States of America.
The Democratic National Committee has failed to exercise due diligence with respect to Barack Obama's constitutional qualifications to be elected and serve as President of The United States, and for his inclusion on the ballots across the United States as a candidate for President of the United States.
Essentially, the argument is this:
Senator Obama could put this whole issue to rest by providing an official "vault copy" birth certificate.
Senator Obama has chosen not to do so.
The defendants (other than Obama) have a responsibility to protect the integrity of the electoral system by properly vetting the qualifications of candidates, which they have failed to perform.
Americans, and our system of government are damaged by this failure.
Senator Obama, who has collected $425,000,000 in campaign contributions, has perpetrated a fraud.
Obama is a representative of the Democratic People. However, Obama must meet the Qualifications specified for the United States Office of the President, which he must be a “natural born” citizen. Additionally, Obama must be at least a “naturalized” citizen to hold his Office of U.S. Senator for Illinois. Unfortunately, Obama is not a “natural born” citizen, nor is he a “naturalized” citizen. Just to name one of the problems, Obama lost his U.S. citizenship when his mother married an Indonesian citizen, Lolo Soetoro who legally “acknowledged” Obama as his son in Indonesia and/or “adopted” Obama, which caused Obama to become a “natural” Indonesian citizen. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro relocated herself and Obama to Indonesia wherein Obama’s mother naturalized in Indonesia. This is proven by Obama’s school record with the student’s name as “Barry Soetoro”, Father’s name: Lolo Soetoro, M.A., and Citizenship: Indonesia.
This petition is being utilized as a real-time voting tool online. This effort is sponsored by the social network "Candidate Forum 2008: The American Presidential Election". See the web-link above.
In 2004, Tony Blair, the then Labour Party leader and British Prime Minister, promised the country a referendum on the EU Constitution.
He did this because the EU Constitution altered Britain’s relationship with the European Union and handed over a massive amount of power to Brussels. In 2005, the Labour Party fought and won a General Election with the referendum pledge contained in their manifesto.
Also in 2005, the EU Constitution was rejected by French and Dutch voters, ensuring the proposed constitution was scrapped.
Now, in place of the failed EU Constitution, EU leaders, including Prime Minister Gordon Brown, have signed a Reform Treaty, which is almost identical to the EU Constitution. It also involves a huge amount of powers being transferred to Brussels. However, the Labour Party has gone back on its referendum pledge of 2005 and is refusing to give the people a vote.
We, the UK Independence Party South Sefton Branch, believe that this is a disgrace and a betrayal of the British people. Therefore we are calling on Bootle’s Labour MP to follow the lead of his Labour colleagues on Merseyside, Frank Field MP and Bob Wareing MP, and support a referendum.
Background can be found on Wikipedia:
This is a statement from Boston area students, academics, professionals and citizens to voice their concern for the current constitutional and political crisis in Pakistan.
Black period in Pakistan's history...
* disrespected the constitution of 1973
* declared emergency
* suspended and dissolved the judiciary
* banned media
* 1000's of people been detained
* 1000's of people harassed and beaten up
* demonstrations trough out the country
* 10,000's of people detained
* 10,000's of people harassed and beaten up
* Imran Khan arrested, harassed, humiliated by the police
* Under extreme pressure from Musharraf and the
government Geo News and Ary Oneworld has been shut
down late Friday night
Since the imposition of the emergency in Pakistan, Musharaf have not allowed people to hold demonstrations, public gatherings etc.
When ever or who ever have tried to organize a demonstration have been detained and harassed by the police - not only the organizers but also children, women and elders who are participating in the demonstrations are harassed and detained.
The media are not allowed to show the truth - they were approached by Government to sign a agreement on what they could show on TV - GEO and ARY refused, today, on the 16.11.2007 after tremendous pressure from Musharaf both channels has closed!
Musharaf is doing what ever he can do to hide the truth!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PETITION YOU MAY CONTACT US AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Labour government was elected in 2005 on a manifesto that promised to hold a referendum on the constitution of the EU.
Now the name of the constitution has been changed to Treaty and no referendum is planned.
The consequences of Britain signing up to this treaty will massively influence how this country is run and the electorate have the right to vote.
August 10, 2007
The Chief Justice,
Mumbai High Court,
Sub : S O S APPEAL FROM RESIDENTS OF SAKET COMPLEX, THANE TO STOP MOVEMENT OF HEAVY VEHICLES ON SAKET ROAD.
On behalf of 4000 residents residing in Saket CHS Ltd. and Saket Towers, I am filing this letter to you with an urgent plea to kindly intervene and give us relief for the various reasons mentioned under alongwith facts :
1. Vide its order dated July 26,2006, the Mumbai High Court through its respectable Judges, Justice RM Lodha and Justice Naresh H Patil, restricted the movement of Heavy vehicles in the city of Thane, from Majiwade junction to Meenatai Thackeray Chowk to K Villa up to Kalwa Bridge and onwards towards Vitava and Belapur.
2. Delivering the judgement the Hon. Judges stated that (quote) : Pt. no. 2 : The AGP informs us that a meeting of the Collector, Thane, Commissioner, Thane, Municipal Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner(Traffic), Thane and City Engineer, Thane Municipal Corporation took place on July 24, 2006.
3. Pt. no. 3 of the said judgement further states that (quote) : The AGP placed before us a change route map,marked X for identification purposes. As per the said route map, the traffic from National Highway No. 3 and National Highway No. 4 now passes through the road marked by arrows from Navi Mumbai to Old Agra Rd. According to the decision taken in the said meeting, the traffic from National Highway No. 3 and National Highway No. 4 does not pass through Meenatai Thackeray Chowk ( Castle Mill). We are thus satisfied that the grievance of the petitioner raised through the PIL has been redressed and no further orders need to be passed in the writ petition.(unquote).
4. After this order, the Thane Municipal Corporation and Traffic Police diverted the entire traffic of Heavy Vehicles on SAKET MARG.
5. The area through which the traffic is now passing consists of a cluster of 24 buildings( 7 storied) and 3 Towers ( 19 storied) – all residential premises. There is a School and Junior College in the area which works in 2 shifts. In fact, there are less residential buildings in the so-called city area from Meenatai
Thackeray Chowk to Kalwa Bridge, as the road passes through a big lake on one side, a playground on the other side and a Jail premises later.
6. We would like to stress here that the Hon. High Court does not possess, nor is it expected to possess the specialized knowledge about the effects of the movement of Heavy Traffic from different areas of the City.
7. Looking at the trends seen for the last few years in the High Court regarding PILs, it is noticed that the judiciary is now taking over the role of Bureaucracy without having to take the responsibility and in the course, instead of hauling up the concerned officers responsible for the mess, the Courts are indulging in trying to sort out the mess itself.
8. In the current case, we would like to inform you that there are 4000 people residing in the Saket vicinity who are bearing the brunt of the irresponsible decision to divert Highway traffic through a stretch of a road meant for residential premises and constructed to withstand only LIGHT VEHICULAR movement.
9. This diversion has created daily nuisance to these thousands of people including school going children, pregnant women, senior citizens and office-goers.
10. IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE THANE MUNICIPAL CORPORATION AND TRAFFIC DEPT. PREFERRED TO KEEP THE HON. HIGH COURT IN DARK ABOUT THE REGULAR CIVIL SUIT NO. 239/2005, FILED BY M/S. DAYANAND NENE AND RAJENDRA ABHYANKAR, BOTH RESIDENTS OF SAKET CHS LTD., WHICH IS PENDING IN THE CIVIL COURT, THANE, FOR RELIEFS REGARDING THE VERY TRAFFIC ON THE SAID ROAD ON VARIOUS GROUNDS INCLUDING THE POOR CONDITION OF THE ROAD.
11. A survey conducted by the Thane Municipal Corporation, after diverting this traffic on Saket Marg produced a shocking picture. It was found that in 24 hours more than 14,000 vehicles ply to and fro on this stretch of 4 kms – movement which has destroyed the road and left behind huge craters, rubble, pollution and NOISE POLLUTION.
12. Yes, during night time the noise levels due to constant brakeing and honking by these vehicles reaches decibel levels exceeding 130. The Supreme Court / High Courts have been pro-active in barring usage of Loud Speakers or Crackers after 10 pm. So, our plea is ban movement of Heavy Vehicles near Residential premises after 10 pm!
13. Here, we would like you to consider the following :
• Whether all parties present in the July 24 meeting have acted in conformity with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act?
• If they have acted in conformity with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, whether the diversion of Highway led traffic through an internal residential road can be construed of PROTECTING THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND DOES NOT AMOUNT TO VIOLATION OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT AS GUARANTEED UNDER ARTICLE 21 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA?
• Whether such disowning of responsibility which leads to residents resorting to remedies of Raasta Roko or Bandhs are in the best interest of society?
On this background, we have no alternative but to invoke extraordinary jurisdiction of this Hon. High Court under Article 226 of the Constitution of India for the protection of the rights of people as guaranteed under Article 21 of the Constitution of India and seeking redress of our grievance to implement the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act so as to maintain and uphold the interest of Public Safety and not allow it redundant at any cost and in any circumstances.
Hence this petition!!
A7/303, Saket CHSL,
Thane 400 601.
# 3290 4315/ 93239 60475.
Raoghat needs to be protected if we have to save planet earth.
One of the Newpaper today stated that a MOU to plunder the Raoghat Hills will be signed at Delhi on 6th August,2007.
If at all this projects comes up it will be doomsday to the beautiful flaura and fauna and the rich culture and traditions of the Indigenous people residing in Bastar.
On 3rd july 2007 the Business Community of Narainpur District in North Bastar called for a "Bund"(closure) .The reason was the fight between the Business Communities of Narainpur and Antagarh District for the ownership of Raoghat Township once the Raoghat mines start.
This looks like a well planned conspiracy to divert the mind of the people from the real issues surrounding the RaoGhat Mines and the Rail Project.Is it because this project was rejected in the nineties by the Enviroment and Forest Ministry?Why the State Government feels that now when there is a worlwide concern to save Environment that they will get clearance from the Ministry?
Why are the sentiments of the Indigenous people being completely ignored?
Has anyone bothered to find out about the name "Rao Ghat"?According to the local belief Rao Ghat is home too the Creator of this world Lord "Raja Rao Natraj" and Goddess "Mata Maoli"(sister of Maa Danteshwari) and their family.
Not only the local people come here to worship daily but also they gather in large numbers throughout the year and take out "Jatra"(procession) of the God and Godess.Even lot of foreign tourist come here to enjoy the wonderful eco-system present at Rao Ghat.
So any mining at RaoGhat will be like destroying the God and Goddess of the Tribals thus will come under the SC/ST Atrocities Act of the Constitution of India.
Is the State Government planning a revolt by the Indigenous people so that they can kill and displace more tribals as they have been doing since the start of Salwa Judum??
Just because "Dalli Rajhara" mines are over Bhilai Steel plant now wants "Rao Ghat" mines.What will happen once the "Rao Ghat" mines are also exhausted?
Is it really the BSP which wants the mines or they are playing in the hands of Tata,Essar,Jindal and other Sponge Iron Units of Chhattisgarh? Afterall the "Bailadilla" mines in Dantewada District which belongs to the NMDC is now being allotted to the likes of Tata Steel,Essar Steel and other mining companies?
In the days of Global Warming,Tsunami and Weather Change do we really need to destroy the most beautiful and amazing eco-system still existing in RaoGhat?
Is BSP playing in the hands of Tata and Essar Steel?
Are we not worried that our future generation won't have fresh air to breathe or will there be a future generations at all???
The Locals in Raoghat area have strong belief in their God and Goddess and they feel that if RaoGhat is disturbed it will bring an end to the human race.
Is the State Government and the Government at the Center listening?May be the State Government and the Business Community for once should think about what they are leaving for the future generations and not their immediate gains....
As per the provisions of the Constitution of India, the resolve of the village council is supreme in Bastar District. No body can play with the resolve of the tribal village council. However, contrary to those provisions, state government is acting as the agent of the private industrial houses, did not bothered to educate the tribals about the importance of public hearing at a village council to manage the favorable resolve of the village council.
Other countries have a No Confidence provision in their laws in order to remove elected officials from office. I believe that this would be a benefit to the United States as well.
Currently, we have an Impeachment process that can be cumbersome, expensive and drawn-out.
A No Confidence Vote is a simple matter and can be written in such a manner as to provide for an orderly transition of power and in a way that the priviledge would not be able to be abused.
A petition of the American people, declaring our intent to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to work within the lawful Constitutional framework to hold all in conspiracy against us accountable for their crimes.
Be it known that WE THE PEOPLE as Legal Voting Citizens of a Sovereign United States of America, fully oppose any statute, rule, law, judgment, and act that is inconsistent with the Constitution of the United States of America.
Targets: The Office of The President of the United States, The United States Congress, all elected and appointed judges, government officers and officials, all law enforcement agencies and their personnel and all personnel of all courts of the United States of America.
Be it known that WE THE PEOPLE as Legal Voting Citizens of a Sovereign United States of America, fully oppose any statute, rule, law, judgment, and act that is inconsistent with the Constitution of the United States of America.
Discussion: If all men and women are created equal and have equal constitutional rights as assured by out founding fathers, we shall live and be governed by one set of laws, rules, and regulations, and one set of consequences thereof, instead of certain privileged individuals/persons, having influence over those laws, rules, statutes and regulations, to be constructed and/or applied differently for them or others seeking to have privileges that the Constitution does not afford them.
America shall once again become, and remain, the land of equal opportunity and equal rights regardless of one’s position and/or role in our society, and regardless of their: race, religion, age, sex, or financial standing.
Urge State Representative Mike Lahti to introduce legislation to begin the process of amending Michigan's Constitution to define life as starting at conception, and protect all preborn children in Michigan.
In state of Serbia, republican political parties and other republican organizations want to make the referendum to set up a republican constitution in Serbia.
But, Serbia was always the monarchy, always when she was in freedom, untill in 1945. Serbian monarchy was nullify by the tirrany of the communist party.
Today, republicans in Serbia want to make some referednum, without any possibility for the people of Serbia to vote for their 1000 years old monarchy and King, which is representative of The Dynasty Karadjordjevic, establishers of modern Serbia.
The United States Congress is currently considering a bill that would allow the District of Columbia to receive one Congressional District and Utah a 4th Congressional District.
This is seen as a political trade as Washington, DC currently does not have a regular member of Congress and would likely vote Democrat. Utah missed receiving a 4th Congressional Seat after the last census in 2000 by about 800 citizens and would likely vote Republican.
According to Article I Section 2 of the United States Constitution it is clear that Congressional Seats are reserved for States. The current proposal to grant a Congressional Seat to Washington, DC is not allowed by the Constitution. In fact, during the 1970's this very act was proposed though it was handled correctly: An Amendment to the Constitution was proposed.
We are greatly concerned by the manner in which Congress is handling this. By acting to "amend" the Constitution by simply changing Federal Law a precedent is being set. A precedent that leaves our Constitution vulnerable to whimsical changes. We do not support that precedent.
I should personally add that I am a resident of Utah, the very state that would be granted another Congressional seat in this effort. We would love another seat in Utah though we want it done properly. This petition does not take a position on the merits of Washington, DC receiving a Congressional District other than if it happens it should be done properly: by a Constitutional Amendment.