|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - abuse
85-95% of all domestic violence victims are female.
Over 500,00 women are stalked by an intimate partner each year. 5.3 million women are abused each year. 1,232 women are killed each year by an intimate partner. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women.
Women are more likely to be attacked by someone they know rather than by a stranger. Every 9 seconds a woman reports a domestic violence
Getting away from the violence is not as easy as everyone thinks. While we have come a long way offering various resources to battered women, those resources only go so far. The women continue to be victims, feeling ashamed, helpless with no place to turn.
I propose we make it a little more difficult for men to continue the abusive pattern from woman to woman. Once a man is convicted of abuse in a court of law, I propose he is made to register himself the same way we make child molesters register themselves. This will serve two purposes; He will be put in a similar position he has put his victim in, ie he will lose control of a situation, but more importantly other women will know of his past abuse.
With all the Animals that have been abandoned, neglected, abused in the past it is time for people who truly care about them to help put a stop to Puppy mills and irresponsible owners who don’t fix there pets. It's not a small issues anymore, there are a lot of cruel people out there that have these poor animals locked up in feces’ infested little cages for the purpose of breeding these animals for money.
There is no justice for these animals that have to go through this with no medical attention or comfort through the pregnancy, they not only get breed for all the wrong reasons but they are getting breed as much as they can which can not only cause problems with the new puppies arriving but the animals going through the pregnancy is loosing every bit of life each time. These animals need your help, not next week but now.
There is an over abundance of baby animals being given away because the lack of responsible owners who don’t get there pets spayed or neutered. These people need to get stopped to. Please see my Facebook Page for more details
Richard A. Gardner, M.D. introduced the term parental alienation syndrome and pioneered its study. In his efforts to assist people who were interested in learning about parental alienation syndrome and educating courts about PAS and its acceptance in the scientific community, and in response to misrepresentations that work on PAS had not been published in scientific journals, Dr. Gardner maintained on his Web site a list of references on parental alienation syndrome, a list of legal citations, a list of professional conferences on parental alienation syndrome, and a list of lectures that Dr. Gardner had been invited to deliver on parental alienation syndrome.
In May 2003 Dr. Gardner passed away. Since then a few of us throughout the world has stepped up to the plate to keep the truth out there. People that believe this is a form of abuse of human rights of the child. That children should not be caught up in adult conflict and have the right to both of their parents without interference by the other.
See our facebook site or our website www.nbcepa.uuuq.com
I've always known about the problems in China, and how they use cats and dogs in there meat. I know that not all Chinese are for this and that many are against it but it isn't enough. Only SOME of the vival things that are happening are: -Cats and dogs are locked up in tight cages, squeezed together. -Live cats and dogs are being cut up (without neutralizes, not that if there were neutralizers it would be okay, its still very wrong) -Cats and dogs are being inhumanly abused and even pets are taken of the street and abused to make Chinese food.
STOP UNCONTROLLED GAMBLING IN NOVA SCOTIA
SEND A STRONG MESSAGE TO GOVERNMENT WE THE PUBLIC ARE GOING TO PROTECT OUR YOUTH OUR FAMILIES AND OUR SENIORS FROM BEING VICTIMIZED.
1. GAMING CONTROL ACT: STATES: AS ITS PURPOSE TO REGULATE, CASINOS, LOTTERY SCHEMES AND TO INCREASE REVENUE FOR THE PROVINCE.
ENSURE THAT ANY MEASURES TAKEN WITH RESPECT TO CASINOS AND OTHER LOTTERY SCHEMES ARE UNDERTAKEN FOR THE PUBLIC GOOD AND IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE PUBLIC AND WITHOUT LIMITYING THE LIMITING OF THE FOREGOING, TO MINIMIZE THE OPPORTUNITIES THAT GIVE RISE TO PROBLEM GAMBLING AND OTHER ILLNESSES CRIME AND SOCIAL DISRUPTION, (1994-95,C,4,S.2.)THESE OPERATIONS ARE LICENCED PURSUANT TO THIS AND THE REGULATIONS AND THE CRIMINAL CODE (CANADA) TO CONDUCT AND MANAGE LOTTERY.
2. CONTROLLED BY MINISTER OF FINANCE AND MINISTER OF LABOR FOR THE PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA. PART I AND PART I I .
THE GAMING CONTROL ACT SECTION 20 SUB SECTION C STATES OPERATORS AND RGULATORS MUST HAVE IN PLACE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES TO IDENTIFY AND REMOVE PROBLEM GAMBLERS NO WHERE IN THE ACT DOES IT SAY SELF-EXCLUSION FOR A PROBLEM GAMBLER.
3. MANAGED BY BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPOINTED BY GOVERNOR IN COUNCIL THERE ARE THREE TO FIVE BOARD MEMBERS APPOINTED.
4. THE CORPORATION SECTION E STATES REPORT FORTHWITH TO THE MINISTER AND THE COMMISSION ANY DEFECT, ABUSE, ILLEGALITY OR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IN RELATION TO CASINOS AND OTHER LOTTERY SCHEMES;
5. NOVA SCOTIANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO TO GAMBLING IN THE PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA. CASINO OPERATIONS AND VLTS OPERATIONS MUST BE STOPPED. GAMBLING IS A VERY DANGEROUS PAST TIME FOR ALL.
6. THE PAST AND PRESENT GOVERNMENT HAVE SHOWN THE PUBLIC JUST HOW INTEGRITY AND HONESTY REALLY WORKS JUST TAKE A LOOK AT PROBLEM GAMBLERS BANK ACCOUNTS. HOW MUCH MORE ABUSE AND CRIMINAL ACTIVITY CAN WE TAKE. THIS IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT. THE OMBUDSMANS REPORT WAS FINISHED IN 2007. THE RECOMMENDATIONS MOVE VERY SLOW AND ARE ONLY 50 % COMPLETE AFTER TWO YEARS. WILL WE EVER SEE ALL RECOMMENDATIONS COMPLETED?
7. WHEN GAMBLING ON MACHINES WAS ILLEGAL GOVERNMENT ACTED SWIFTLY AND WITHIN ONE DAY ALL WERE GATHERED UP AND DESTROYED. WHAT HAS CHANGED NOW? “NOTHING”
PLEASE SIGN WITH NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER:
NAME: ADDRESS: PHONE NUMBER: VOTE:
PAUL BURRELL 269 CHARLOTTE STREET 902-578-0340 NO CASINOS &VLT’S
On September 1998, Donald Kowalski a young man of 22yrs of age with a drug problem committed several B&E's. When his friend was arrested on an unrelated crime he admitted to a number of B&E's in the surrounding area. He implicated Don to save his own skin. He served ONLY 2-1/2 years on the same Conducting a Criminal Enterprise (CCE) charge and now he is on the run for several more crimes.
Instead of charging Don with only the crimes they had evidence of, they charged him under the RICO act, of(CCE)and combined all the charges into one. The problem: every B&E in a 14 county radius was thrown in, thus 50 cases were closed, the detectives basically patted each others back and closed their case load. Under the RICO law it says: #1 Proceeds of a crime are being used in some manner to run a business that continues criminal activity. #2 The criminal activity affects either interstate or foreign commerce, thus a federal crime. #3 The proceeds of such activity can be seized to compensate victims. Donald was unemployed owned no business or property and the crimes all occurred in the Eastern part of Michigan. Don's criminal activity did not meet the statutes as set forth by the RICO act.
However, a scared young man accepted a plea not realizing at the time the ramifications and not having competent counsel to make an informed decision. Before taking the plea he had not been informed that because he had 2 priors of UDAA and B&E at he age of 16, which they held it over until he turned 17 and tried him as an adult from 4 years previously that he would be charged as a habitual offender. Thus he was sentenced to a 20yr minimum and 40yr maximum. A single count of B&E carries up to 10 years. Run concurrently, even 14 counts, he would have maxed out over a year ago. Don has served over 11yrs now.
Since Donald's imprisonment he has achieved high honors in all his course studies, obtained his GED, Certificate of Completion for Substance Abuse, Narcotics Anonymous, Degree in Agriculture, Certification for Ordained Ministry, S.L.F Course for Owning and Operating a Business and Perfect Attendance.
I have researched many cases by far are worse than his. Such as: 2nd degree murder, out in ten yrs. 6 counts of embezzlement, served 3-1/2yrs. and 4 counts of criminal sexual conduct, served 8 yrs. 2 counts 1st degree home invasion, 2 counts safecracking, unarmed robbery, served only 5 years.
Heres an example:
In addition, Donald has secured an offer of employment and a place of residence. Donald has been rehabilitated and has come to the point where release is the best alternative. His sentencing was severe, especially for a non-violent offender with only two priors as a juvenile. It is time for Donald to come home, his wishes are to be with his son and family. We are requesting your support.
A Petition to call upon all members of the U.S. Congress and U.S. Senate to take immediate action against Department Of Corrections Officers for threatening inmates and their families.
We the undersigned DEMAND that governments worldwide begin an education programme in ALL schools to teach children real family values.
These classes are to include detail of What is Abuse, how wrong it is and what a child can do if they find themselves being subjected to it in any way.
We teach our children about road safety. We teach our children about strangers and not to go away with them. We do not teach our children about Uncle Tom meaning if its a uncle, or family member most children are scared to speak out or are warned by the abuser not to talk or bad things will happen to them or some one they love.
If it's the parent that is abusing the child from a young age a lot of children either think this is normal as they don't now any difference or are scared to speak out.
WE believe that a child has the right to speak out and be taught this is not the normal behaviour of a parent/Family member, its wrong and can be stopped.
START THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN TODAY!!
A damning report by Ofsted recently revealed that up to 4 children die every week in England from abuse or neglect. Two thirds of the victims were less than a year old.
Experts say that 1 in 10 UK children suffers abuse or neglect and that most maltreated children are not known to the authorities. In the UK it is estimated that one million children are affected each year.
An average of 57 sexual offences against UK children were recorded DAILY by police in 2008. In more than 800 cases the victim was aged under four.
The current judicial system does not adequately reflect the serious nature of these crimes. The death of a child through abuse or neglect is often punished with a prison sentence ranging from only 1-14 years, most of which are automatically halved with parole. This needs to change now.
WE PETITION THE GOVERNMENT TO:
1. Increase the maximum sentence of 14 years for ‘allowing or causing death of a child’ to a discretionary life sentence, naming this new ruling ‘Peter’s Law’, as it was the murder of Peter Connelly that opened the nations eyes to the injustice of the current tariff.
2. Review sentencing guidelines for ALL crimes relating to child abuse, increasing both minimum and maximum tariffs.
3. Introduce a law concerning fatal abuse without fatal injury where death as a result of complications from failure to seek medical attention; illness in a child whose immune system is impaired by the stress of chronic abuse or neglect; or abuse or neglect of a child already impaired by chronic illness, is labeled murder.
4. Ensure that sentences for child abuse run consecutively.
5. Abolish parole for all crimes against children.
6. Life sentences should mean LIFE.
7. Close the legal loophole which allows abusers to escape jail when the child survives, by blaming each other for the abuse.
Please see the accompanying document for a thorough explanation of our law proposals & examples of the injustice of our current legal system.
In light of the tragic and avoidable death of Baby P and the more recent serious child protection failings in Doncaster and Birmingham, we call for urgent improvements to child protection nationwide to include:
1. The NSPCC say that babies & toddlers are particularly vulnerable to physical abuse. If regular compulsory health checks were introduced, at least 4 times a year for ages 0-2 and three times a year for ages 2-5, they would help to reveal any signs of abuse or neglect. Social Services should be alerted if appointments become overdue.
2. Social workers & health visitors should be allowed to physically examine young 'at risk' children. A child on the 'at risk' register means that child is considered to be at risk of significant harm. Examinations should therefore be compulsory at every visit of an at risk child or when any new child is brought to the attention of the authorities where there are reported concerns of abuse as this is the easiest, quickest & most effective way to determine if a child is being physically abused or not.
In the news recently was a 3 year old Carlisle toddler who was tortured by her father Reuben Williams her entire life. Because a Health Visitor determined after speaking to the mother that there were no child protection concerns without ever seeing the child and because 3 months later, a Social Worker did not examine the child despite renewed allegations of abuse, she was subjected to a further completely avoidable 18 months of being whipped, burned, punched, scratched and bitten. Her body is now permanently disfigured by nearly 200 scars and the emotional harm done is incalculable. Points 1) & 2) should hopefully avoid unnecessary & prolonged suffering of this kind.
3. Social Workers should carry out a task list at every visit which should be adopted nationwide and include:
- check the cleanliness/hygiene of all living quarters
- check for evidence of undisclosed people living at the property & Criminal Record Bureau Check all residents & regular visitors
- check there is sufficient food and other essential supplies
- physically interact with the child
- physically examine the child
- insist children in nappies be changed to reveal any cases of serious nappy rash
- insist any food, ointment, paint etc be removed from the child
- ensure they see the child unrestrained & moving, crawling or walking to assess any difficulty with movement & possible injury
- see children old enough to speak on their own in the presence of another professional, so that the child can talk uninhibited away from its carers
- check for signs of drug use or alcohol abuse as these are often linked to cases of child abuse & neglect
- observe family's interaction with pets as abusive behaviour may be indicative of domestic violence
- check for any other dangers
4. If a social worker strongly suspects physical abuse, they should have the power to remove the child immediately while the matter is investigated, with or without police aid.
5. Social workers must be aware of 'red flags' that could be cause for concern and should check on the child without delay every time one is raised as the child may have already sustained injury or be in poor physical condition. These should include:
- carers failing to attend any appointments
- being denied access to a child or its living quarters
- carers regularly appear not to be at home or who say a child is unavailable (confirm child's whereabouts immediately)
- carers saying that they can't see anyone for a period of time
6. Up to 80% of Social Workers' time is spent on administration. Free up this time to be spent with vulnerable children instead with adequate admin support. Also, main focus needs to be protecting vulnerable children - not meeting targets, budgets or red tape.
7. An urgent review of the criteria required to have a child taken into care. In Baby P's case 2 doctors, the police and a Social Worker stated separately that Baby P should not be returned to his mother and yet lawyers said there was insufficient evidence to start care proceedings.
8. Introduction of the whistleblowers' hotline for the use of all child protection agencies and the public to expose internal bad practice. Better protection for whistleblowers and a ban on gagging orders in such circumstances as they only serve to hush up bad practice and allow it to continue unchecked.
9. Provide a suitable and adequate alternative to the Children's database which must be used and accessed by the NHS, Social Services and the police to help strengthen communication between the agencies. Currently 66% of hospitals fail to check if an injured child is involved with social services and a lack of communication was cited in 75% of child death Serious Case Reviews.
10. to recruit and retain adequate numbers of high quality, well trained Social Workers & Health Visitors.
11. If abusive pet owners can be banned from keeping animals, a similar law should be in place to protect children from abusive carers or carers who allow a child to be abused or neglected. Abusers should forfeit all visitation & parental rights. Why should children have less rights to protection than animals?
12. A child's welfare must always take priority over keeping a family together.
A friend of mine has been subjected to shocking racial abuse by neighbours. After many attempts to understand, mediate, ignore and finally to deal with this situation without success, we have decided to approach both Victorian and Australian Federal Governments in an attempt to facilitate a law against such racial abuse, and to have penalties imposed against those who break such laws.
Now that the Bush era is over I am sure I can get help!. I am a 5th generation American (German decent), I am 33 years old and have epilepsy, which makes me totally disabled and unable to work, drive or take care of our children.
In Jan 2006, my Pakistani born husband (of 9 years) and father of our children (son 7 and Daughter 3, she was 4 months old when this all happened) was arrested by ICE, tortured and deported with NO CHARGES or any faults on his part. After they tortured him and after they could not find anything on him, they put him in solitary where he begged to be sent back to Pakistan (the only option given him other than to be beat more for no reason), where he had not been since 1980. He had not even taken a trip to Pakistan in that 25 year time and does not have any family or friends here, where we all now reside.
With no place to go, I followed in 2007, after selling my wedding ring for passports and plane tickets for the children and I. We lived apart from him for 2 years and could take it no more. Our last month in the USA, December 2007 we lived in a homeless shelter in center city Philadelphia while we awaited the day of departure, January 17th 2008. This was the only option open to me at that time. Here in Pakistan, both my husband and I have had our lives threatened and we live in constant fear of the frequent bombs as well as kidnapping.
My husband has been our only support, he is educated but can not find a job because of his American Education and ideas. We went to the American Embassy seeking help but I was told that if I divorce my husband, they will send myself and the children back to the USA to live in a Homeless shelter, except for that they can not do anything for us. We have tried to contact lawyers and they require a minimum of $10,000 payment before they can help. At this point we have less than $20 to our name. Please do not take this as asking for money I am just asking for help in correcting and injustice and in keeping an American family together as we wish to be, in the USA. Please help in getting us back to the USA together!!
You can help! Look down and sign!
Domestic violence is a type of abuse. It involves injuring someone, usually a spouse or partner, but it can also be a parent, child or other family member.
Domestic violence is a serious problem. It is the most common cause of injury to women ages 15 to 44. Victims may suffer physical injuries such as bruises or broken bones. They may suffer emotionally from depression, anxiety or social isolation.
It is hard to know exactly how common domestic violence is, because people often don't report it. There is no typical victim. It happens among people of all ages. It affects those of all levels of income and education.
A man already in prison for severely injuring one of his infant triplets was sentenced to an additional 13 years in prison Thursday for the baby's death.
Two men have been found guilty of causing the death of a 17-month-old boy in Haringey in north London.
And many more child abuse and death stories.
I am a young man of 34, seeking to Marry my 24 years old lover and friend (female), from the same Ibo Tribe in Nigeria. However, the parents of the girl have refused to give their consent for no other reason than the Osu Caste System. An archaic, barbaric and myopic segregation based on century-old myths.
Our lives are really in danger. I have been threatened severally by the family of my lover who are practicing Christians. From their utterances my lover is also facing the threat of honour killing.
This has been going on for three years now. I am looking for a way to get the family to agree to let us be. This I still see as an almost impossible task, but I believe God that nothing is impossible. Is there any way any one could help us.
All the efforts we have made to resolve this has not yielded any dividends. On flimsy excuse the parents have avoided summons from the church. At times they tend to shift the blame to their kinsmen.
This Osu caste system must be stopped in Nigeria and in the Catholic communities.
I have thought of eloping with my lover to a foreign country where we could lead a normal life, but we do not have the finance to make such move.
My petition is that the Vatican should do more to stop these kind of segregations. I am also appealing to any one who can, to do something to assist us. I and my Lover are graduates and are presently working.(menial jobs)
This petition was inspired by the recent events of Baby P (Peter), Baby P was a 17 month old child abused by his own parents, the authorities failed to acknowledge the neglect the child had & unfortunately he died at the young age of 17th months due to severe physical injuries including; eight broken ribs, a broken back and the top missing off a finger. How the authorities were unable to notice this shocks me, something needs to be done.
However this isn't the only incident which has shocked me, Baby Nia, a 3 year old toddler in New Zealand sustained injuries over a period of time, by two men, believed to be her father and uncle, she had be placed in a clothes dryer on high heat, beaten, and dropped on her head, she was 3. The men however, unlike in the UK have been found guilty of murder.
And everyone remembers what happened to Holly Wells, Jessica Chapman, Maddie McCann & the intolerable cruelty that Beverely Allitt inflicted on children.
We live in a cruel cruel world and something has to be done to help the children of today's generation.
BABY P~BEATEN TO DEATH BY THOSE WHO WERE MEANT 2 LOVE HIM. NEGLECTED BY THOSE PAID 2 HELP HIM!
HARINGEY SOCIAL SERVICES HAD NUMEROUS OPPORTUNITIES 2 TAKE HIM INTO CARE, with over 60 visits 2 the address...AND DIDNT! A REGISTERED DOCTOR, CHECKED BABY P 2DAYS B4 HIS DEATH AND FAILED TO NOTICE HIS BROKEN BACK AND 8 CRACKED RIBS.. ALL IN THE AFTERMATH OF VICTORIA CLIMBIE! NO MORE COVER UPS, NO MORE LIES. WE WANT ANSWERS.
*CHECK THE WEB LINK ABOVE 4 MORE DETAILS*
167. Free Elsa Newman
Elsa Newman. Please remember that name. Please google that name for information about this mother, unjustly imprisoned at Maryland Correctional Institution for women.
The exact details of the circumstances that have led to this injustice cannot be divulged here for legal reasons. But further information can be obtained from my blog located at http://elsanewmanisinnocent.blogspot.com/
Baby P and others such as Amy Howson, Victoria Climbie and many others have been abused, tortured and finally murdered by the very people who should have cared for them; The Social Services, the Police, the Medical Profession have all too often failed children like these although they say Never Again there has been an Again over and over;
Russell Brand has resigned from his BBC radio show "The Russell Brand Show" His reason for leaving is that he feels that the show is not making people "happy" anymore.
Or though there is one mistake on his and Johnathan Ross's part he still makes us laugh and makes us happy.
The whole thing has been blown greatly out of proportion by the media, as despite the figure being quoted in its thousands, only two complaints were received about the show, both for Ross's use of an expletive.
Since then, the media have stirred up uncalled for and unnecessary amounts of controversy, considering the dialogue used would be water off a ducks back to viewers of many comedy shows e.g. Little Britain.
What's more, listeners were warned about possibly offensive language and content.
The Sony Award winning Russell Brand show originated on BBC 6 Music before moving to take the 21:00-23:00 Saturday slot as Radio 2's showpiece.
It has been one of the most successful of recent times and is certainly one of the funniest and really does brighten up the days of many people, with regular Co-host Matt Morgan, poet laureate Mr Gee and regular guest, Oasis star, Noel Gallagher.
The show has attracted over 400,000 listeners live or even 2 million (depending on which source you believe) and many more via podcast, for which it has dominated the charts on iTunes.
For the show's regular items, Nanacdotes, Pin pin, 'Gay', the jingle race war, Mr Gee's poems and the two hosts, Russell Brand and Matt Morgan, as well as former hosts and friends, Mr Nibbs, Trevor Lock and Christophe the Fish !
Russell's resignation statement: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698527.stm
Russell, people need you to make them laugh, you said yourself that was the reason you did it and people need you to brighten their days once more.
A revolution in your honour, Russell.
Your loyal fans.
PLEASE REFER THIS PETITION TO ANY OTHER FANS OF THE SHOW YOU KNOW SO WE CAN MAKE AS GOOD OF A GO OF THIS AS POSSIBLE.
A PROTEST IS BEING ORGANISED SATURDAY AT THE DAILY MAIL AND THE BBC, THOUGH STILL IN EARLY DAYS IN TERMS OF ORGANISATION.
FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT:
People die of child abuse. Children are beaten, it could be happening to someone you know! Your neighbour, your daughters friend,Etc.
Everyday, there are animals out there being abused, neglected, and tortured. People are skinning animals alive just for their fur. I am here to say that it needs to come to an end. Animals should be loved and cherished, not abused and tortured.
These creatures are so helpless and innocent to the abuse to endure each day. They can't say "stop", because they don't have a voice. But together, we can be their voice.
My children were abused in a daycare in Idaho. Then I found out that daycare would not be shut down because charges were misdemeanor charges not Felony.
The only way a daycare in Idaho can get shut down is if a child is killed or severely injured (felony). I have spoken with congress and head of daycare licensing and they have confirmed this information.
I am looking into taking this petition to the supreme court to protect all children!!!!!!!!!
173. Illegalize Meat
I've recently watched Earthlings and came up with the idea to do a petition to make meat illegal as we think that would solve the world's problems including global exploitation and abuse of animals for pet, food, hunting, clothing industries, animal experimentation, species extinction, world hunger and war.
Would you be interested in working on this with us?
Check out this website http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/journals/256/sexual-assault.html
Women are more abused by men than the other way around. From what I know and what I've seen I think it has gone far enough and it is time to make a change. I would greatly appreciate it if you tell as many people as you can about this petition.
Ever since abortion has been legal (also known as termination) it has been popular. countries have adapted to this trend and sadly, alot of people do it. The cost for an abortion is $AUS600.
Here are some facts: It was estimated at 89 521 in 1993–94 in Australia. of course, the numbers would be bigger in US and Britian. Before 2000, 60 949 happened in Australia. If a girl under 18 is pregnaunt, the doctors may pressure to have an abortion and so does parents and friends.
The definition of MURDER is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another, and manslaughter is the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.
Abortion seems to be legal because because a baby is only human when it is born. so do you have to see it to be human?
Help to stop the abuse of begging where lots of elephants in the cities of Thailand are involved. Elephants that are ripped away from their social environment, elephants of all ages who are roaming around in heavily polluted, overcrowded and noisy cities for, I estimate, at least 10 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Bad food, sometimes food-poisoning, drugs, wounds, no proper bathing, drinking from posh fountains in front of shopping malls or hotels and being “cared” for and eating at hide-aways on rubbish-belts. And don’t forget that the name “elephant” appears at lists mentioning the top ten of the most deadly animals!
See some photos concerning this abuse:
177. STOP Elder Abuse
Among the most prominent problem faced by the elderly is the abuse by the family members and also by the people of the society. According to a rough estimate, nearly 40 % of older people living with their families are reportedly facing abuse of one kind or another, but only 1 in 6 cases actually comes to light (Helpage India website).
But first it is necessary to understand what comes elder abuse and its definitions. Various authors have defined elder abuse but a comprehensive definition is given by Council of Europe (1992).
They define elder abuse as “A non-accidental act or omission, which undermines the life, the physical and psychological integrity of an older person or harms the development of his or her personality and or undermines or damages his or her financial security”.
178. Miley isn't a slut
If u support Miley sign this! She is not a slut.
The Animals Shelter of Katerini exists from 2000. The new Mayor that was elected in October 2006 threatens with killing of dogs.
In the shelter exist 250 dogs in sordid situation. Do not exist food, medicines and daily die the dogs closed in their cages.
It has prohibited the entry in and and we were afraid for the killing of 250 dogs.
180. Save The Animals!
This is just going to far. People are hurting animals and i have just seen enough! As I went looking around on the internet I saw some things that made me want to cry. And it did. This is one of them.
If you follow this link it will show one of many sad videos. I may be only a 13 year old but im going to do something to stop this madness.