|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Change Driver Training and Laws for Safer Roads
Petition Background (Preamble):
There are also issues regarding experienced drivers. We are in a situation where you can pass a driving test at 17 and not be reassessed until the age of 70.
Currently at 70 you can apply on line to renew you licence and only require a medical certificate for medium and large vehicles. The above also contribute to road accidents.
Not only do some accidents change lives for ever especially if the accident is fatal. There are both financial and man power strains put on our emergency services.
With a few simple law changes we can reduce road accidents and fatalities in the UK Another positive could be a reduction in insurance premiums. Less accidents equal less claims which in theory should equal lower insurance costs.
IF YOU SUPPORT THIS PETITION, PLEASE FORWARD THE LINK TO FRIENDS, FAMILY & CONTACTS AND ASK THEM TO DO THE SAME.
This with a view to reducing road accidents:
1. All new drivers should undergo mandatory motorway training after passing their test.
2. All new drivers should undergo 1 days skid pan training to experience driving in adverse conditions;
3. Drivers under the age of 21 for the first 2 years should only be able to carry passengers between 6am and 1030pm (reducing the risk of distraction and "showing off" in front of friends);
4. Drivers under the age of 21 should have their vehicles fitted with a speed limiter. Limiting the vehicle speed to 60 mph;
5. All drivers to undergo a simulated driving ability test every 5 years which should also include eyesight, reaction times and road perception.
The Change Driver Training and Laws for Safer Roads petition to UK Government was written by Lauren Paterson and is in the category Law Reform at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: cars, drivers, road accidents, motoring law, driving test, drivers liscence